When Calls the Heart

I caught up on the last 2 episodes last night. I don't know what to say. I'm hoping it's all either a dream based on the episode title (In Your Dreams) or it's a misindentification and he's badly hurt.

Just cried my way through the season finale. I miss Jack too. It was well written and acted but very sad. The ending - no spoilers! - was predictable but Season 6 will find me tuning in again.:cry:

Tomorrow on Facebook the live show with actors should reveal if the actor Daniel Kissing asked to leave or it was the writers mistake. Hope they post a transcript for those of us who work.

Agree the show was well written, and paid wonderful tribute to Jack.....but since they really did kill him off.....right after marrying at last.... nope. It is like when they killed Michael suddenly on Downton Abbey the same day his son was born.

We do not need a live Facebook session. We needed an interview as soon as the "death of Jack" aired.

I think they were wise to let people calm down before the Q & A. On Facebook they are some very angry viewers opining.

Yes, I have read a great many, but the anger has not died down at all. This is their attempt at damage control, but so many are feeling stabbed in the back, they have lost much of the audience for this series.

Per Lori Loughlin (Abigail) on Twitter, Daniel Lissing (Jack) chose to leave.

I am only just now watching the episode. I am so beyond disgusted that Hallmark of all channels would pull this. This is not the typical trope at all. This show has been full of darkness from the get go and it was finally on an upswing. They should have either recast Jack or had him indefinitely in Cape Fullerton or something. This is brutal.

I never watched Downton Abbey but I'm aware of the parallels. I also thought that was more of an ensemble show. This is an ensemble show too but it's centered around the love story of Elizabeth and Jack and has been for 5 seasons. Without that, I honestly don't see how this show successfully continues after Season 6.

I'm not sure if I'll watch Season 6. I'm too numb and upset right now.

On Downton.....Michael & Mary were the big love affair, but after just 2 seasons, Michael (actor) wanted out to be able to do other projects. So, after having his wife give birth, he is happily on his way home, when a truck crashes into his car, he is ejected, and left sprawled on the roadway. The next season began 6 mos. later. Fortunately, was just a couple seasons into the show, but Michael was a huge favorite. Yes, the show told a lot of stories at the same time, so they could concentrate elsewhere. As it was, Mary's sister had already died in childbirth.

And I do agree, Hallmark could have had Jack away for several weeks, returning with a recast. And of course, Elizabeth is now pregnant. I guess the show thinks that "little Jack" will ease the viewers' minds. Not mine!

And to be fair, Dan Stevens who played Matthew on Downton has had a fruitful career since then. He has a successful TNT show called Legion and has multiple movies under his belt, including the billion dollar Beauty and the Beast live action movie.

IMDB indicates no upcoming projects for Daniel Lissing. 5 seasons is a long time for a cable show. The seasons are so short I can't see how it's a huge time commitment anyhow.

Perhaps whatever he wants to do, if that is the reason, is in Australia, which is his home.

Well, at least we know the actor chose to leave the show. Why, I wonder, maybe due to a decreased role? The show won't be the same without Jack no matter how skilled the writers are at attempting to fill that gap. I am still sad.

Lori Laughlin (Abigail) tweeted it was Daniel Lessing's (Jack) choice to leave the show. :sad:

Yes, Daniel Lissing (Jack) is writing a screenplay for a movie....based on a short he did several years ago. Hallmark still, in MY opinion, handled this badly. They did not have to kill the character.

Agreed Poirot. They stated they tried to work with his schedule but when he chose to leave, they thought a recast would fail.

Back