Where in the blazes is Rafe?!

S

Sparkster

Rafe hasn't had much story over the last couple years but so far this calendar year he's been practically non-existant. So far, he has only appeared in 15 episodes this year and only 2 this month. I understand they are currently concentrating on other stories and perhaps Rafe doesn't have a place in them but even in the past week there were scenes at the new club and Rafe was nowhere to be found. I thought he would have been more involved in this Clyde/Victor story but we just get a scene here or there. It's as if the writers have purposely thrown him to the back of the bus with no thought at all what to do with him. It's amazing to me that a character who just a few years ago was in the top 3 or 4 in appearances is stuck at 25th as of the end of February and will probably be even further down the list after March is calculated. I don't know what his episode guarantee is but I imagine his air time has to increase soon to accommodate that.

Tip for the new writers: Give Rafe a damn story!! :angry:

Oh, there was/is story where Rafe SHOULD be involved, but Dr. DanTan is shoved into the story instead. It is amazing that the man has time for rounds at the hospital, surgery, spending time with his son, counseling JJ, arguing with Nicole and Jen as well, besides all the other investigative work.
For some reason, the suits no longer wanted Rafe as a cop, so got him fired, and since they could not put him in a coma again, he becomes the manager of a nightclub??? Give me a break!
I think these writers knew they were going to be let go, so purposely have been sabotaging the show.

Rafe was a MAJOR character, very charismatic and a fan favorite. And, by the way, last week, I sent a message to Days......"We found Waldo, but Where in the World is Rafe?"

Suggestions from an ongoing twitter tag (each with a humourous picture): Knocked out by his upcoming scripts? Resting up for big story? Hiding from cougars (with a picture of Maggie/Rafe)? Finding the Sami/Rafe flashbacks we missed when Sami left? In the restroom after too much coffee? Teaching kids to be cool like Patch? etc.

Seriously though he should be seen anytime the club is on if that's his dang job. And he should be visiting Arianna, or at least mentioned to be visiting his mother, Gabi, heck, even Dario. It would be nice to see him interact with Sami, Jr., as well, since he had been such an important influence on Will for so long.

Oh, wait, I forgot, we're not supposed to remember last month, let alone a year ago when Rafe last had something to do. (Waste of talent & money.)

The only thing I can think of he must have ticked off some "Mr. Big" big time to be treated this way. Lock, stock and barrel should have been for RAFE, he deserved the attention, most viewers liked him. Instead they went with junior/Sami and they quit the show! TPTB really put a lot of thought into this decision! Ha! So I think the low ratings, how the viewers are reacting to the show, is their just deserts!

So many opportunities for storylines for Rafe and nothing! He is an afterthought in the Clyde storyline. He should still be a detective for crying out loud and should be seen with Nicole at least. I wouldn't mind seeing him be a friend to Eric as well. They've never explored that. Why does it always have to be Dr. McScruffy? And yes he should be seen visiting Will and Arianna. They also should have tested Serena out on him.

I think we should all collectively start tweeting the Days account, Dena Higley and Greg Meng during air time and ask where Rafe is. Many of us already are either lurking on twitter or live tweeting during the show. Let's make some noise about it!

When Rafe's contract is up, he may seek employment on another soap, or even another TV genre. His career depends upon more air time.

AG: There aren't many soap opportunities out there anymore. But if he does leave, I hope it is to a show where his talents are appreciated.

For those who get SOD, the was an interesting blind teaser in this week's issue that may have been referring to Rafe. I won't give details since this isn't a Spoiler Forum but I am hopeful.

Back