Who do you like?

KathyLu, wouldn't these two make a great couple? I for one had hoped that their marriage of convenience would have turned real...is it too late to hope that? :)

I like Kate/Roman, EJ/Abigail, Sami/Rafe, John/Marlena, Lucas/Sheryl or Jordan, Eric/Nicole as couples.

In terms of actors, I like Galen Gering(Rafe), Jen Lilley(Theresa), Bryan Dattilo(Lucas), Deidre Hall(Marlena), Kate Mansi(Abigail), Alison Sweeney(Sami) though I think a break will do her some good.

In terms of characters, I like Rafe, Lucas, EJ(only with Abigail), Abigail, Ciara, Johnny D, Marlena, Kayla, Hope, Aiden, Arianna Grace, Will, Sonny, Justin.

My favourite male at the moment is Galen Gering (Rafe) as you can tell by my picture.I also like Bryan Datillo (Lucas) i wish they would give him bigger storylines.
I also like Ari Zuker (Nicole) i was looking forward to seeing her with Eric but with her current storyline and having her lying to him it doesn't seem promising now.

I thought we were supposed to be narrowing our lists, folks! LOL! Based upon my private lunch criteria, I would be sitting down with Lauren Koslow (Kate). I like her because she is one of our best actors, and the person she plays is one of the smartest on the show... equaled only by Joe Mascolo (Stefano DiMera).

Nicole and Rafe for sure are my two favorite characters. (Wish they could have a romantic story together)...When i was a kid watching Days, I loved Jennifer and Frankie. Later on Belle and Shawn were my favorites. Always liked the original Brady and I miss Mimi as well. I also totally miss the original Eric, (Jensen Ecles). But my all time favorite couples were Bo/Hope and Patch/Kayla. To bad the writers have ruined both couples. I even liked John and Marlena once upon a time. Now, not so much.

removed texting gibberish....JS

Nicole (Arianne Zucker) has been one of my favorite actresses for long time, and I love Rafe (Galen Gering )is the one that makes me willing to purchase that airplane ticket. This year though, and I cannot remember her personal real name, but the character I like the most, and just because of her, is Anne Milbauer, or what ever, but I adore her attitude, and her sassiness. She is so different. the other male actor I like is the actor portraying Father Eric... or just plain Eric... I like him...

I miss Jensen Ackles(old Eric) too. He was on a very short period of time but he made a big impact and had really good chemistry with Arianne Zucker(Nicole). I always thought the actor Mike Vogel would have a been a good recast as there is a good resemblance but both actors seem to be on to bigger things. I do like Greg Vaughan(Eric) too I just feel it's not the same as the old actor.

Through all the time I have watched my list of likes would be too long. The list of dislikes would be the shorter list but there's also those I enjoy disliking.

Of course EJ & Sami are 2 characters I love together & separate. I like Dan & don't see the fake tan or gown chashing man he was before like many do. Kate, JJ, Theresa, Marlena, Will, Sonny, Justin are a list of some currently on that I like.

There are many I go back & forth about.

I'm speaking about characters not actors.

I really enjoyed reading this thread and seeing who all of you like on the show. I like the whole cast but my favorites actors and actresses are and this is in no particular order except maybe the first two.... Eric Martsolf as Brady Black is my absolute favorite. He is an outstanding actor and has really impressed me with how he has portrayed Brady's addiction. I also love Arianne Zucker as Nicole. She has grown so much as an actress and I would say that her portrayal of Nicole is the best it has ever been. In whatever scene she is in, she delivers it ten-fold!!!!! She is yet another outstanding talent on the show!!!!!

Other talent I love on the show are Jen Lilley (Theresa), Kristian Alfonso (Hope), Greg Vaughan (Eric), Eileen Davidson (Kristen) and Drake Hogestyn (John) :clap:

KathyLu, wouldn't these two make a great couple? I for one had hoped that their marriage of convenience would have turned real...is it too late to hope that? :)
Jason: I've always been rather confused in the fact that Days put these two together in a "marriage" then, and, now, for the past years since that time they simply have nothing to do with each other AT ALL. It would make way more sense for occasional "bump into each other" in Horton Square or the coffee shop or hospital. We know "what a small world" and six degrees of separation is about two degrees in Salem. And even though they hated each other THEN; I would like to see them have a friendly, bantering relationship now. They could share opinions on how screwed up everyone else is in Salem. Like rumor mongers- little snide snippets, then move on. I think it would be hilarious.

OH ... Justin! I love Justin. And I loved his interactions with EJ.

I think most people know who my fave couple are....John and Marlena :love:

Ari Zuker (Nicole) is probably the best one there. We feel Nicole's
sadness or happiness when she's on.

I enjoy most of the characters in Salem. They all work together.

My number 1 favorite actress would be of course Eileen Davidson (Kristen). No matter what script she is given she makes everything golden. It could be a horrible storyline and she does a wonderful job with it. 2nd, I have always enjoyed Kristian Alfonso (Hope). She is gorgeous, has amazing talent and I am finally enjoying that she is starting to get more of a role in the show again that the character of Aiden (Daniel Cosgrove) has joined the show.

My favorite actor would be Joseph Mascolo (Stefano). Always has been an amazing actor to me. He is a perfect villain. One you love to hate. Lately he hasn't been around much, hope to see him more again, being his evil self as that is what he is so good at.

I don't find many of the current cast of characters that enjoyable. I do like Lucas and Rafe, and I enjoy Sami and Kate together, but not so much individually or in other stories. I also enjoy seeing Justin, Caroline and Victor when they are on, and even Anne and Theresa. Of the younger set, I really like Sonny, Will, and JJ.

Everyone has said the same thing basically Arianne Zucker (Nicole) is number 1.

Lucas has always been one of my all time favorites. I love Rafe/Galen Gering. @jazzCat John's back, hahahaha, they meaning TPTB should be shot bring him back then don't use him.

edited to add character's name....JS

Rafe he has a brain.
Brady...he has no brain but still love him he is the son of Isabella Tuscano Black one of my favorite (former) characters
Hope especially when in detective mode
Julie she is funny I liked that line about being sick of cruises.

I thought we were supposed to be narrowing our lists, folks! LOL! Based upon my private lunch criteria, I would be sitting down with Lauren Koslow (Kate). I like her because she is one of our best actors, and the person she plays is one of the smartest on the show... equaled only by Joe Mascolo (Stefano DiMera).

Do you mind if I come with you and bring Ari Zuker (Nicole Walker) to the luncheon?
They are my favorite actors also and I love their characters.
Although for eye candy I have some others in mind also!

I'll do actors and characters because for me they don't correlate. lol

Actor: Blake Berris (Nick) but I hate what the writers did to Nick. I'll never understand why they couldn't have done the first half of his return from prison story and then do a captivating storyline about mental disorders or show his recovery in therapy. I don't even watch General Hospital and I know they did the prison rape storyline way better. He's my favorite actor because partly for attachment factors. Nick is the only character I know his entire history, because he entered the show completely new, then I stopped watching when he left, then started again when he returned. I've also seen Blake evolve as an actor and he has this heart and passion with his acting that I'm drawn to as a writer. On a personal note, a friend randomly met him last month at a film festival (I found out after, and she didn't know I was a fan until after) and she said he was beyond nice so that makes him more of a favorite.

Actress: Arianne Zucker (Nicole) but I don't like what they're doing with her character right now. All her character relapses are annoying me. They seem to be used to justify that she will never really change, which I've seen a lot of Nicole's history, and I think she's evolved enough to not be so desperate to keep a man, or at least learned from her past. So I get annoyed when they create these actions just to make her unlikable or someone you can't completely root for. Ari Zucker is my favorite actress because even when I should hate Nicole I don't. She always adds a sincerity to the character that doesn't work with other characters. Sami, Nicole, and Kate have done really similar actions but Nicole is the only one I never hate, despite the insanity and maliciousness behind it.

Current Characters (those still on the show/if I got into all time favorites or those no longer on the show it would be a lot different and too long, though this was already way longer than intended. lol.)

Sonny: there is something just so wonderful about the character. If there was ever a character who just has this quality that makes you like them, it's Sonny, which is probably due to Freddie Smith's acting. He's probably my second favorite actor, but we'll see. I just want him to have a storyline beyond hating Nick, trying to save Gabi, and being a husband to Will. He's great with everyone he works with (I loved the Victor and Sonny scenes a month or so ago!) so he needs more interesting solo storylines.

Lucas: But right now, I'm kind of annoyed he didn't stand up against Kate/protect Sheryl. There were some questionable Lucas moments in his history, but I think he has a mixture of Sonny and Nicole qualities. He has a natural charm and even when he does bad, you still kind of like him. The only scenes I like with Sami are hers with Lucas. In my mind, they'll always belong together even if they never are on the show again. It just works. But Lucas also works with any love interest. I actually really liked Lucas and Chloe, until that got messed up. And I like Sheryl and him. The only questionable relationship with Lucas for me was Nicole. Something didn't click, but it might have been because it was around one of Lucas' 'villain-type arcs.

Stefano: I honestly don't know. He's just a fun villain. It's what I hoped they do with someone like Nick, another missed opportunity. I actually enjoy when he outsmarts people, especially EJ. He brings a hilarity to a character you should really despise. In the past, his scenes with John or Steve used to be some of the show's highlights.

Ciara: I'm a fan of her sass. She's going to be such a teen rebel.

Justin: I just like the characters' spirit (though we rarely see it). Justin and Sonny definitely seem like father and son, that's one of the few parent-child characteristics (only other one is Abby and Jen, but not in a good way) I feel the show has gotten right. I can see clear overlapping traits, which is probably why I like them both so much.

Growing on me: Hope, Aiden, JJ and friends. Aiden because I think the actor is pretty good and I feel like if his character ever gets fully flushed out, he could be really intriguing. Hope I've always been kind of a fan, but she hasn't been getting much to work with recently. Paige and JJ's storyline reminds me a little of DOOL when I first started watching it, so I could end up liking both characters if the writing gets better.

Other than those, right now all the other characters currently on the show are just not working for me. But that could change depending on if the writing for them gets better...I blame the writing overall. I think the current acting team is actually fairly good, but some of them/most get nothing to really show their talent or even make you care about the character.

I know I'm the minority on this but my favorite has always been Sami! I totally hate what they have done to the character. I also love
Nicole and always felt that her and Sami are like two peas in a pod. They would make great friends.

Philip Kiriakis is another character I love and wish they would bring him back. Always felt he got the short end of the stick when
it come to his father. Victor always favored his grandson over his own son. I believe Philip is a better fit for running Titan.

Back