Who was Your TV, Movie Star, or Singer Crush??

• Thread starter CentralTexGirl88
  • Start date
Ohh, great thread ! :clap: Although I'm sure you will now laugh so hard at me when I tell you this : I used to love Wham ! Yeah, you read right, the duo starring a young George Michael and Andrew Ridgeley !!!! Yep, I had a huge crush on George Michael back then (well, now I know it was never meant to be anyway :wink:) . Still, my cousin, who was also my best friend, and I even sent a "coupon" we had cut from a mazagine to get a free poster of the duo ! :rotfl:

So indeed, I was a tween/teenager in the 80's ! Same time I got hooked up on Days ! And my movies ? The ones with the "brat pack", of course : Pretty in pink, Sixteen candles, Breakfast Club, etc. Ahhhh, those were the days. And those were the Days of our Lives ! :D

No shame in crushing on George Michael! He was pretty hot in the 80's, not to mention extremely talented, especially considering he was only a teenager when they started. I loved him then, still do, but just for the music now. :D

Duran Duran had some seriously hot guys! My pick is John Taylor. :love:

I loved the Wild, Wild West! I saw it in re-runs when I was a young teen, and I had a huge crush on Robert Conrad.

Although I was about 5 was Wild Wild West was on, we always watched it, and I thought he was cute. As an adult, looking back, he was definitely a great looking guy, even when he got older.

I kind of "inherited" David Cassidy from my older sister when she decided that Robert Redford was for her. However, that all changed in 1974 when I heard a song called, "Killerqueen" on the radio. I was mesmerized by that man's voice, and when I finally saw Freddie Mercury, I thought he looked like a rock vampire. I loved him!! :love: Not exactly mainstream, but everything about himwas rockin' and he was my childhood/teenage crush/hero. :clap:..then again there was Steven Tyler who I still adore. Sexy, funny, outrageous, and very talented as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Spock, of STAR TREK, of course. Capt. Kirk came in a bit after. Then later on, David Hasselhoff of KNIGHT RIDER. I do not remember him from the Young and the Restless.

Also, The Mighty Thor, Captain America, and the Avengers, from Marvel Comics.

Dark Shadows, and Barnabas Collins from ABC and Dan Curtis. Johnny Depp and Tim Burton--go jump in a lake and don't come up. Your movie stunk. Stinks???

Little tidbit on Bon Jovi. my brother is buddies with the drummer. my daughter and granddaughter went to their concert in Kansas City.Even though my brother gave them a privite phone # the security woud not let them back stage without a pass. So through my bro they have a personal invite the next concert they can get to.

LOL...Some really good crushes here!! Tell ya what... I think Michael Landon was one hot "Pa" on Little House on the Prairie. BIG crush on him, and I was only about six years old when I got really involved in watching the show. EVERY Monday night.
Good times, good times. :) I miss those days... Playing outside with my cousins, riding my bike, playing with our shadows when mom turned the back light on...and THEN..time for T.V.!!! SIGH... Where does the time go??? Hmmm...that last one could lead me to another thread..."What was your favorite CHILDHOOD television show?" :p

@ Elissa - if we're talking comic book characters, I've alway had a thing for Wolverine from the X-Men. And could they have picked anyone better to play that role than Hugh Jackman?

And I almost forgot Viggo Mortensen who played Aragorn (the ranger) in The Lord of the Rings trilogy. While my friend were drooling over Orlando Bloom as Legoles the elf, I was drooling over the ranger.

Oh, I loved Pete and Melissa ! :D Well, considering they were a soap couple and all the heartship ! And lies, etc. I also loved when Melissa danced with Lars !

I forgot I also loved Def Leppard, in my teenage "rock" years ! Although was I disappointed when the group "performed" during a Dancing with the Stars episode, one or two years ago. It was in fact the recording of the original "Poor some sugar on me" and the lead singer never bothered to take off his sunglasses. I hate when artists do that ! It makes me think they have something to hide...

I was fortunate to see Def Leppard in concert a year or so ago... they were awesome! And they didn't lip sync - it was a great concert! See them if you get the chance! :)

And as for my "crush"... I had two major ones: Chad Allen and River Phoenix. Mmm-mmm!

I'm ashamed to say I had a New Kids on the Block poster. Jordan Knight was my fave. (I just died a little inside typing that.)

My biggest teen crush by far was Eddie Furlong, who played the young John Connor in Terminator 2, which is still my favorite movie of all time. I think I had every single picture of him from every possible teenybopper magazine in a binder, in order by fave pic. In fact, I know I still have that somewhere ... so sad.

LOL So many Shaun Cassidy being one of the first could not miss The Hardy Boy /Nancy Drew hour... John Schnieder... and yep Sir Paul....I would think about Linda cheating on him he and would turn to me :rotfl: Heck I even had a little crush on Howie from The Back Street Boys lol

OMG HS Duran Duran all the way pinups everywhere.. folders ,buttons, pinups inside the closet door. First and foremost Nick Rhodes he wore more makeup than I did lol then when he got married. John and Roger. lol Never was a Simon girl and Andy was married at the start.

Big Man From UNCLE fan here, major crush on Illya Kuyrakin (David McCallum), also at around the same time James Darren (the original Moon Doggy in the original Gidget film and later the short lived Time Tunnel), I'll also throw in Bobby Sherman during his Here Come the Bride days. Mind you, these all started while I was still in grade school and watching these shows on in reruns. :rotfl:While I haven't been able to catch The Man From Uncle DVDs on sale, I did go through a marathon when borrowed them from the library and own both Time Tunnel and Here Come the Brides DVD sets. I'm waiting for Gidget to come out in letterbox before I buy a copy. Oh and how could I have left out Lee Majors as Heath on The Big Valley, I still tune in to those reruns on cable and own a DVD set.
images
images
images
images

I had Peter Reckell on my wall during my teens. LOVED HIM (and still do). I always preferred Spock (Leonard Nimoy) to Captain Kirk (Wm Shatner) myself, but I loved McCoy (James Doohan), Chekov (Walter Koenig) and Sulu (George Takei). I loved Han Solo (Harrison Ford) from Star Wars and preferred him to Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill).

Anyone remember the buttons from the 80's/early 90's that had saying or bands on them....I had a bunch of them on my blue jean jacket. Had four with each member of Motley Crue on them. For my "something blue" in my wedding (1991), I pinned the Tommy Lee pin (had a blue background) to my garter under my dress. (There is a joke there, but I would get sent to the corner for it.)

:OT: I had one pin that said "Yogi Bear is a PERVERT" that my friend made for me. We were on vacation one year (staying at a Jellystone campground )and there was a guy walking around as Yogi Bear...I was standing in line at the store and he walked in and as he passed me, he pinched me on the butt!!! :back:

Not buttons, but PINS--the metal kind, sometimes with enamel coating on them--perhaps called cloisonné? Anyway, I had about a dozen or so of these things pinned to the lapels of my jackets--corduroy of course. I used to think they looked 'smart' and 'professional'. *sigh*

My husband still wonders why I don't wear them any more....

My mother sweetly reminded me today of a crush I had in my early teen years - Randy "Macho Man" Savage from the WWF, later known for his "SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM!" commercials, though I was over him by then.

I think I must have liked him because his girlfriend/manager was named Elizabeth. If it was for the way he dressed, then my taste has blessedly changed since then:

images

Ooh just thought of another one Chris Hayes the lead guitarist for Huey Lewis and The News ..my other major teen crush

My mother sweetly reminded me today of a crush I had in my early teen years - Randy "Macho Man" Savage from the WWF, later known for his "SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM!" commercials, though I was over him by then.

I think I must have liked him because his girlfriend/manager was named Elizabeth. If it was for the way he dressed, then my taste has blessedly changed since then:

images

I didn't crush on him but did on some other wrestlers, like Jerry Lawler (back in the day), Rick Flair, and Lex Luger.

Thanks for the Randy Savage pic! May he RIP, along with Miss Elizabeth. Now they can be together without Lex interfering. As much as I like Lex, I didn't like him and Elizabeth together, in real life, and in the squared ring.

I think someone already mention Mr. Spock on the original Star Trek. I let out a very large yell of approval in the theater while watching the latest reboot during that first scene with Spock and Uhura in the elevator. I'd had a crush on him since the age of 10.

Back