Who was Your TV, Movie Star, or Singer Crush??

• Thread starter CentralTexGirl88
  • Start date
LOL, when I read the first reference here to Matt Dillon, I thought "boy, Jammers must really have loved Gunsmoke, but then she IS from Texas...(James Arness played Matt Dillon). And yes, I realize she meant someone else. Tooo funny. Well, to me, anyway.

I knew I should have specified which Matt Dillon. I am defnitely talking about the movie star from the 80's to current and not the Gunsmoke character.

Here are pics from the 80's thCAPNPR6J.jpg and more up to dateMattDillonat_J__McCart_16849917[1].jpg

omg. ShaNaNa. I didn't crush on them but we had the show on in the house every week. Bowser was my favorite of the group.
Oddly, Bowzer was brought up in a conversation this weekend. My brothers and our families went to a "50 years of Motown" concert this weekend, and Sha-na-na was mentioned. One of the kids was confused when we mentioned Bowzer.

We were talking about this Bowzer: And he thought we meant this Bowser:
bowser.jpg
1624833-itadakibowser_large.png

Probably a "you had to be there" moment, but I thought it was funny :)

Good point. I had Madonna and Cyndi Lauper posters. Also, the Breakfast Club, because I wanted to be Molly Ringwald.

This isn't frommy teenage years ........ Another favorite of mine that I have to see every movie that he makes is Tommy Lee Jones.

Most people just know him from the Men in Black movies, but he's been making movies for years. Just something about him. {sigh} My "little sister" is only 45, and she begged me for his cover picture from last month's AARP magazine. It drove her crazy that she had to handle all of those magazines through the post office, but she couldn't have his picture for herself. I only gave it up because I knew it would bug the heck out of her hubby. She gave me visiting rights.

Want to laugh......there was a infomercial on about a year ago, featuring songs from that era, and who was helping to promote? Yep, ol Bowzer, and he did that famous, or infamous stance several times. Olivia Newton John was on with him.

LOL, I've see Bowzer in my little town. Long story.........

Tony Butala (The Letterman) was originally from here. He's moved back here with the house he grew up in as his primary residence. He also has a recording studio one town over. (Several years ago he paid for building the football / track stadium at the Catholic high school that I can see in the winter time across the field / woods from my house.) Tony also founded the Vocalist Hall of Fame here.

Jon Bauman and Tony Butala are good friends, and are working together to pass laws concerning singing groups and soloists from the 50's and 60's losing royalty money and having their names stolen by fake groups. Consequently, Bowzer spends quite a bit of time here.

You just reminded me, Red, (Oh, I love the Lettermen)how many very good pop singers came from Pennsylvania. Dick Clark used to always remark that they they really "grew" them well in PA. Fabian, Frankie Avalon, Chubby Checker, Bobby Vinton, Bill Haley & the Comets, Perry Como, Jim Croche, .....and I can even throw in Gene Kelly, Jimmy Stewart & Bill Cosby, tho the latter two never sang.

I've told this on the board before. We always say that Perry Como was almost my uncle. He was going steady with my oldest aunt when he was a barber in Cannonsburg, and my Mom's family lived in Washington, Pa. Pierino (his real name, and what my Grandma called him) and my Aunt Maria dated as teenagers. They were going on a double date with John (worked for Perry in hs barber shop) and John's date, Roselle. The 2 couples continued to go out together, and soon they had switched steadies. My Aunt Maria (Mary) married the other barber ( my Uncle Johnny), Pierino married Roselle, and the 2 couples remained friends. My aunt & uncle went to Las Vegas and LA to stay with them many times. The last time I saw Perry Como in person was when he sang in my grandparents' parlor for their 75th wedding anniversary.

Tony Butala is my boss' cousin, another friend's cousin, and my childhood friend's cousin by marriage. I've seen him at quite a few weddings and funerals over the years. He is very quiet when he attends any family doings. Half the time you wouldn't even know he was there if someone didn't say something about it. Geez.... I almost forgot.... he gves a free outdoor street concert each summer in the downtown area near the Vcalist Hall of Fame. The polce block off the main road, and people set up lawn chairs in the middle of the street. We take picnic dinners even though there is a McDonald'son the other side. LOL He usually has someone else from a 50's or 60's group sing, too. Lots of fun in our little area.

Red, I should have added Perry Como to my list of who I had a crush on back then. Loved his TV show. Watched him and Andy Williams all the time.

I think Red forgot to add Tony Butula was one of the Lettermen! Loved them. Hey, Lil0, named my canary "Andy" after you know who. And I don't mean Griffith. :):wink:

Another add on for me was Mike Evans, the original Lionel Jefferson on The Jeffersons. I thought he could have easily played James' (John Amos) son on Good Times since they resemble each other to me, and were both so good looking! A funny tidbit about that is that Mike Evans helped create and co-write for Good Times.

Hey Poirot, you' re getting as bad as me. LOL
I mentioned that Tony Butala was from The Letterman in the post talking about Bowzer coming to my town. (The post numbers don't show up on my phone, and I'm not near a computer)

Whose poster did you HAVE to have on your bedroom wall? What movie did you have to see ONLY because he or she was in it??[snip] Rick Springfield, Shaun Cassidy

Never did the whole posters on the wall thing, nor did I go to a movie just because someone was in it (Johnny Depp has done some really weird ones). I never did get the whole Rick Springfield or Shaun Cassidy thing, though several of my friends had those posters on their walls. Those same friends would look at me like I'd lost my mind when I didn't swoon over them with them.

Although I'm sure you will now laugh so hard at me when I tell you this : I used to love Wham
! Yeah, you read right, the duo starring a young George Michael and Andrew Ridgeley !!!! Yep, I had a huge crush on George Michael back then.

I'm not laughing at you, because I'm right there with you. I had the biggest crush on George Michael too! Ah, and the video for Careless Whisper....*sigh* Yeah, I still crush a little when I see that video.

The hard rock group Seether covered Careless Whisper a few years ago, and did a pretty good job of turning it into a hard rock ballad. It was good live too. They were one of the "guest" bands the first time I saw Nickelback in concert. The song had been released to radio shortly before I went to that concert. My husband, teenage daughter (15 at the time) and I were there together and there was this couple about our one row in front of us, with two teenage boys (one of whom had just turned 16). Anyway, when Seether performed Careless Whisper, I noticed the mom was singing along with every word, just like I was. Odd how some details stick with you.

Jon Bon Jovi.

Ah, Jon Bon Jovi, he's still a hottie. (My teenage daughter thinks so too.)

This isn't frommy teenage years ........ Another favorite of mine that I have to see every movie that he makes is Tommy Lee Jones.

Ah, Tommy Lee Jones.... I don't quite crush on him, but there is just something about him. He does some really, really good movies. I don't think I've ever seen a bad one with him in it.

Okay, now for the round up and the ones I missed. From TV and movies: Johnny Depp (shocker, I know, what with my avatar and all), been crushing on him since he was in the series 21 Jump Street in the '80s. (Not on my wall, but I have a Jack Sparrow poster and motion activated, talking Jack Sparrow on my desk at work.)Pierce Brosnan (ever since Remington Steele). Harrison Ford - he does the charming rouge so well. Patrick Swayze, though I've never seen Ghost. I liked him in Dirty Dancing (of course) and Road House. And let's not forget Sean Connery. Like someone else said, I could listen to him read the phone book.

George Michael was my first music crush. The afore mentioned Jon Bon Jovi, who is still quite easy on the eyes. Then there was Axle Rose of Guns ‘N’ Roses. He’s an awesome stage performer, very charismatic. What I know of his personal life though, made sure I never had any fantasies about being his girlfriend, I just lusted after him. :) I've been crushing on Chad Kroeger, lead singer of Nickelback for a couple of years now, and their drummer, Daniel Adair.

I used to have a variety of posters at different times, but I did have one of Freddy Krueger and Nancy, Brooke Sheilds, Heather Locklear and Heather Thomas, Jason Vorhees and wait for it.................Pete and Melissa from Days!!!!

Oh, I loved Pete and Melissa ! :D Well, considering they were a soap couple and all the heartship ! And lies, etc. I also loved when Melissa danced with Lars !

I forgot I also loved Def Leppard, in my teenage "rock" years ! Although was I disappointed when the group "performed" during a Dancing with the Stars episode, one or two years ago. It was in fact the recording of the original "Poor some sugar on me" and the lead singer never bothered to take off his sunglasses. I hate when artists do that ! It makes me think they have something to hide...

I was crazy over Erik Estrada from CHiPS. Tom Selleck from Magnum PI. Pierce Brosnan from Remingtom Steele. Michael Landon as Little Joe on Bonanza. Robert Conrad as James T. West on The Wild, Wild West and Pappy Boyington on Baa Baa Black Sheep. Richard Long as Jarrod Barkley and Peter Breck as Nick Barkley and Lee Majors as Heath Barkley on The Big Valley. I coud never decide between those Barkley boys!!!

Oh, I loved Pete and Melissa ! :D Well, considering they were a soap couple and all the heartship ! And lies, etc. I also loved when Melissa danced with Lars !

I forgot I also loved Def Leppard, in my teenage "rock" years ! Although was I disappointed when the group "performed" during a Dancing with the Stars episode, one or two years ago. It was in fact the recording of the original "Poor some sugar on me" and the lead singer never bothered to take off his sunglasses. I hate when artists do that ! It makes me think they have something to hide...

He probably was hiding something............big ole pupils maybe??? LOL! I'm just guessing here considering the era, rock band and sunglasses at night. Or was that Corey Hart?!? :)

Back