Who was Your TV, Movie Star, or Singer Crush??

• Thread starter CentralTexGirl88
  • Start date
C

CentralTexGirl88

Okay, LOL. This idea came from another thread on here...

Whose poster did you HAVE to have on your bedroom wall? What movie did you have to see ONLY because he or she was in it?? And...did you write your "married name" using HIS last name? Hmmm... Enquiring CTG's mind would like to know...

Mine: Rick Springfield, Shaun Cassidy, Tom Wopat (Luke Duke from "Dukes of Hazzard") John Stamos (he was on General Hospital in my teen years) Most of one whole wall was devoted to John Stamos. AND HE'S S T I L L HOT!!!!! :love:

I was in LOVE with the Riflemans son now I can't remember his nameLOL.
I also liked (and still do) Richard Grear. And one more
not exactly eye candy but the sexiest voice I ever heard ,Sam Elliot

Showing my age here:

Clint Eastwood as Rowdy Yates on the tv show Rawhide.
All of the Beatles starting from their first appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show.
Sean Connery as the original James Bond.
Leonard Nimoy as Mr Spock
Edd Byrnes who played "Kookie" on 77 Sunset Strip

I had this thing for Rock Hudson. Patrick Swayze in Ghost & Dirty Dancing. Sigghhh. For some reason I used to love Andy Williams. But Sinatra truly is the only singer that you can understand every single word he croons. LOL

Gregory Peck ~ especially in Roman Holiday and To Kill a Mockingbird.
Paul Newman in almost everything, but especially Long Hot Summer.

Ohh, great thread ! :clap: Although I'm sure you will now laugh so hard at me when I tell you this : I used to love Wham ! Yeah, you read right, the duo starring a young George Michael and Andrew Ridgeley !!!! Yep, I had a huge crush on George Michael back then (well, now I know it was never meant to be anyway :wink:) . Still, my cousin, who was also my best friend, and I even sent a "coupon" we had cut from a mazagine to get a free poster of the duo ! :rotfl:

So indeed, I was a tween/teenager in the 80's ! Same time I got hooked up on Days ! And my movies ? The ones with the "brat pack", of course : Pretty in pink, Sixteen candles, Breakfast Club, etc. Ahhhh, those were the days. And those were the Days of our Lives ! :D

Ok, I will date myself here also...

David Cassidy (would still leave my husband for him!!)
Donny Osmond
Richard Gere
Sam Elliott (never looked at lifeguards the same again)

Guess I like the brunettes!!

I had a major crush on Dack Rambo when he was on Another World, even though I didn't realise it at the time. I wrote stories about him, and his character (Grant Harrison), and was generally obsessed with him even though I was majorly young. Later, when I saw him on Dallas in syndication, he looked different and I didn't recognise him, and re-crushed on him, LOL.

As a teen, Elvis was the major heart throb. His picture was the only one I ever had on my wall. (But no, I didn't ever imagine my last name to be Presley. lol...).
In the movies, James Dean and Steve McQueen were among my favorites. And on tv--thanks for the reminder, Squirrel--Rowdy Yates (Clint Eastwood) was just about the cutest thing ever! (Back then we didn't say "sexy" or "hot" or "smokin." Guys that made our hearts go flip flop were simply "cute").
Someone else mentioned the Rifleman's son. I loved that show and both actors/characters but the dad was a little too old to be "cute" and the son was just adorable but too young for me.
A little later I really liked Robert Redford, and always liked Paul Newman in anything.
I didn't see Sam Elliot until later years but nobody makes a better cowboy than he does!

Johnny Crawford was the son, chuck connors the father on the Rifleman.

Saturday nites, there used to be a ShaNaNa concert. Every Saturday, and I would never miss it. Came on right after Star trek, another show I never missed.

Johnny Crawford was the son, chuck connors the father on the Rifleman.

THANK YOU for the memory jog!! His name just hid in a cobweb corner of my mind. I liked his smile, he was not far in age from me.

fixed quote...Poirot

Dack Rambo was very beautiful, I remember him from Another World. I have a friend who spent a year with Elvis Presley, as his girlfriend, when he was just beginning to make movies. She says he was very sweet. Swoon. Back then, though, my posters were more of either art, places I wanted to travel, or of a political nature. Paul Newman was pretty swoonworthy. So was Robert Redford when I ran into him walking down the street from my home, in Pasadena, CA, while he was filming Butch Cassidy (or The Sting...I forget which!) Literally he ran right into me!

Lordy, guys, here go's.---#1 all time bestest, Sean Connery. I'd pay to hear him read the phone book !
In no particular order:
Redford in "The way we were" is a natural.
Elvis just for the sheer oozing sexiness of him.
On a more current stage--Alan Rickman/Hugh Grant (like him more as he has aged a bit) Colin Firth/and good ole Liam Neeson
I just realized they're almost all English actors ! Ha !

Paul McCartney was my poster, and of course I went to see both Beatles movies. I always played the name game where you write your name and his, cross out matching letters, then do the friendship, courtship, love, mantra, and somehow I always made it come out right.

My poster was Frank Mahovlich (left winger for Toronto Maple Leafs) but I also had huge crushes on Clint Eastwood as Rowdy Yates, Troy Donahue (Surfside Six?), Richard Chamberlain from Dr. Kildare, Elvis in 'Follow That Dream', and Sean Connery as 007(his hairy chest was to die for!)

Not particularly, but since seeing Seventeen Again, I do have a little thing for Zak Efron :).

Eddie Van Halen was my school-girl crush, and if I could get away with it, I would still have Tiger Beat and Guitar World posters scotch-taped to my bedroom walls. Eddie, David Lee Roth, Michael Jackson, Johnnie Cougar and Hughie Lewis would all be prominently featured, and I would find a place for Johnnie Depp too.

Edited to add Sting and The Police ... how in the world did I forget The Police?

TEE HEE. I was just kidding about Justin Beiber. Ugh. I'm not a big fan. Too...tooo....too..much something. I don't know what.

EDDIE VAN HALEN!!!! Oh, man. I LOVED that hair! Had a boyfriend in 89 who could smile like that. Goodness. SIGH.

Speaking of cute + long hair...Jon Bon Jovi. Course, by that time, i quit putting posters on my wall. I was too mature for that. I just wore their concert t-shirts... :D

Matt Dillion dominated my walls, also had Shaun Cassidy, Leif Garrett, and anything from the Outsiders (my all time favorite movie...all star cast of up and comers...Patrick Swayze, Rob Lowe, Emilio Estevez, Tom Cruise, C Thomas Howell, Ralph Macchio, Diane Lane, and Leif Garrett to name a few...lol) and I think a little later on Kirk Cameron, Jason Bateman. But Matt Dillion was on there for a long, long time.

Also had a big framed pencil sketch (like 16 x20 or bigger) of Jon Bon Jovi with posters of him and the band and a concert shirt in a prominate place on the wall.

A little later started adding Motley Crue posters...I dont know what it is about Tommy Lee...but he is just sexy to me. Even more so now (and I really dont like lots of tattoos or piercings...just on him!).

If I had posters on my wall now, many of them would be of Mark Wahlberg and Clay Walker...with some Tommy Lee thrown in. Those are the three current people that I will buy anything that they put out...books, movies, cd's, etc.

Oh yes, Jammers, Matt Dillon! I also really liked a young Sean Penn also. There's just something about those "bad boys".

My crush trollop days were somewhat like a dinner at a buffet. All different varieties.

Steve Bond (Jimmy Lee Holt on General Hospital) although I also thought that Blackie (John Stamos) was cute, Drake Hogestyn when he first appeared on Days, John Amos (the father from Good Times), Tom Sellek in the 80s but before him was my original Tom Sellek, being Burt Reynolds (That Playgirl spread with the strategically placed rug).

From the music stage, David Lee Roth (Van Halen), Freddie Mercury (Queen), Tom Jones. Yes, there is a little bit of a common denominator on most of mine.

And lastly, but probably the least unforgettable was...drumroll please...

The hot guy who mowed our lawn! Yes, a senior in our high school who was also my Sunday School teacher and did lawns all around the city and neighborhood. I would sit at the window and watch him mow the lawn for hours on end. No it didn't take him that long to mow, but he would do the neighbor's lawn too. lol

Back