Will's attitude upon leaving Salem??????

jgk

Reaction score
I find Will's attitude about leaving for supposedly 6 months, to be very cavalier at best. Admittedly, it has been many years since I was a newlywed, but it seems to me he should be much more bothered by leaving his new spouse for an extended period of time. Even after MANY years of being married, I know I personally feel very sad every time my husband goes away on business trips if it's more than a few nights!!! If it's only one night or two, no big deal, but more than that....???

Stop trying to bring reality into this show, LOL.

Though in defence of the writers (wow never thought I'd say that), I think maybe Will is ultra-starstruck right now and hasn't considered what it'll be like away from Sonny. (Then of course, there's the fact that there's really no need for Will to leave at all.)

To tell the truth, it seems that a better idea would have been that Will was going along to help Sami with the kids, and help get them settled into their digs. He could then answer questions perhaps posed by the experienced screenwriters, help mom, see some of the sights around LA, then return to Salem. Missing his daughter especially would have been a good incentive.
But instead, he is hauling Ari out there, out of her comfort zone, for 6 mos. while he supposedly is going to screen write this film, a job he has never ever even tried before.
Could he really do dialogue, stage direction, etc. No experience.

Then again, maybe this movie will go straight to DVD, be considered C-rate, one that appears only in the wee hours of the morning on TV.
And how come there are not hordes of family & friends traipsing over to Will's to say goodbye, like they are to Sami.?????

Not only was I disturbed by Will's cavalier attitude, but it was even more disturbing to see him showing no real concern for Sonny's feelings about being separated, about Will's attitude, about being torn away from Arianna who he sees as his daughter. No empathy from Will whatsoever.

Sonny has every right to be upset with Will. He didn't ask Sonny- his husband, who has been taking care of him forever- before making his decision. Instead, he runs straight to imprisoned Gabi for her feelings on the matter- like they have any real bearing. Sonny is Ari's active parent right now (and has been just as big a part of her life as Will and Gabi). Will should have gone straight home to discuss all of this with Sonny, nobody else. But no, instead we have Will coming home and basically telling Sonny everything happening for Sami and slides in "oh, by the way, she wants me to go with her and I think I'm going to."

Good riddance, I say.

Sonny has every right to be upset with Will. He didn't ask Sonny- his husband, who has been taking care of him forever- before making his decision. Instead, he runs straight to imprisoned Gabi for her feelings on the matter- like they have any real bearing. Sonny is Ari's active parent right now (and has been just as big a part of her life as Will and Gabi). Will should have gone straight home to discuss all of this with Sonny, nobody else. But no, instead we have Will coming home and basically telling Sonny everything happening for Sami and slides in "oh, by the way, she wants me to go with her and I think I'm going to."

Good riddance, I say.

In Will's partial defense, I have to say that since he made a point to Gabi that she would be a part Ari's life I do like the fact that he would consider her input. However he absolutely SHOULD have spoken to Sonny first and I hated the way he went off to speak to Gabi by himself like it was none of Sonny's concern. He definitely should have been a part of that conversation.

Then again, maybe this movie will go straight to DVD, be considered C-rate, one that appears only in the wee hours of the morning on TV.
Good idea. Imagine Sami's wrath and Will's distress (at evidence that he no talent), when DVD sales are non-existent, Netflix reports minimal rentals, and "Sami: The Movie" quickly ends up on late-night Titan TV interrupted at regular intervals by commercials for used-car dealers, bail bondsmen, and hair-removal products.

I don't like it. Of course, I'm not crazy about the "new" Will. He's not the right fit for this part, so he comes off cold, and pouty? I think that's the word I'm looking for. I wish there would be a whole lot more soul searching, but heck...this is Days we're talking about here. Quick fast and in a hurry story. But then again, they're taking their sweet time on other storylines, so I don't get it. Sonny deserves - a better Will. By that I mean, someone who will play the part right. This guy isn't. My personal opinion.

@Dr.BakerFan - don't forget the Arm and Hammer Commercials, weather-related interruptions, breaking news, and Presidential speeches.

:OT: I was reading (actually laughing) at an article about Bruce Jenner celebrating his 60th birthday by getting a manicure complete with red nail polish while having a cigarette. When asked, Kris Kardashian said something to the effect that she will always care about him because - wait for it - "he's the father of two of my children". Wonder how many times whoever is bored enough to watch would hear that during this movie?

Kris Jenner has used Sami's "he's the father of two of my children" line a LOT lately. I laugh every time.

And I forgot to rant about how terrible an idea it is for Will to take Ari to LA. If I were Sonny, I'd ask why he is taking her rather than leaving her in Salem where her family is. Will and Sami are going to be busy.

Exactly! I just think if Will is going to help Sami with her 3 small kids AND assist in writing the movie and "furthering his career" or whatever, baby Ari really isn't going to be his focus and he should leave her where she can get the attention she needs. At least in Salem, Sonny has Rafe, Abigail, Jordan, Adrienne, Lucas and whoever else to help him. Who will she have in LA, some random nanny who is likely also caring for Sami's kids?

And I know the writers don't give two craps, but seriously...

I agree 100% with missharley. I wish Will would have had a serious sit-down with Sonny about all this and together they could have talked about what is best for their family, especially Ari. She will end up being handled by some nanny she does not know while in LA. Will is so focused on his career and it's as though his daughter is an afterthought. I had hoped he would have decided to leave Ari in Salem with her other daddy while he went to pursue his dreams. Heck, Abby doesn't have a job right now, she could have become Ari's caregiver while Will was gone. Will didn't even consider his husband's feelings in any of this but that's nothing new. He's selfish and entitled just like his mother. However, Sonny needs to speak up about his feelings as well. Marriage is a two way street. I feel bad for Sonny but mostly for Ari. Her whole world is being turned around and doesn't need to be. I suppose we'd be talking about how could Will leave his daughter for 6 months had he decided to do that. This is one of those lose-lose situations I guess. It just stinks all over. I sure won't miss Will while he's gone but I'll miss that sweet baby.

Back