Will's attitude upon leaving Salem??????

It seems so disrespectful on Will's part. I'm not blaming this on the new-ish actor, but since he's taken over Will just comes off as having little to no regard for anyone's feelings but his own, whereas Will from a year or so ago would only keep things from Sonny out of nervousness. This "new actor, new personality" thing sucks.

I really don't have an issue with Will taking his daughter with him. He is her father and her mother is in jail. Now there has been some sort of agreement that they put together but even if the language were perfect unless Sonny was able to legally adopt Ari, Will's parental rights would trump Sonny's.

I don't believe Sonny has been able to adopt Ari or that would have been a huge storyline in and of itself that I don't see the Days writers not pursuing. So I'm thinking that Sonny knows he doesn't have the same level of rights as Will does and he really wants Will to come home after the project so he isn't telling Will he doesn't want him to go at all.

Then with Sonny realizing that he needs to have equal rights to Ari decides that when Will returns they go through the process of having Sonny adopt Ari (if that is even legal without Will giving up his, but it's Salem and their laws defy comprehension). Then if Will ever gets a wild hair up his butt again and decides to leave with "their" legal child then Sonny can say "our home is here and if you leave it you are leaving us".

Sonny also may be hoping that Will is a success and that he comes home when it's done as an established screen writer who can adapt screenplays working from home. Or he could live at home working on screenplays and go to Hollywood on business for a month or so periodically. That would be no different than an actor going on set to film a movie for a couple of months.

Will has been completely insensitive to Sonny about the project. But the worst thing he said was that he made sure he still has his magazine job so he has something to come home to. That was so incredibly low and that is what Sonny is going to remember the whole time Will is gone.

Had Will actually discussed the project with Sonny and told him he really had his heart set on it instead of coming home and telling Sonny he was leaving Sonny wouldn't dwell on the "something to come home to" remark. But something tells me that Sonny will be playing that moment over and over in he head/meaning get ready for flashback hell.

Lastly there's nothing stopping Sonny and Will from Skyping every couple of days or keeping Sonny from going to Hollywood for a few days while Will and Ari are out there.

We have to remember that Will when he first learned of the job offer was expecting the whole family, Sonny included, going off to Hollywood.

What Will expected? It doesn't matter what he expected since he didn't discuss it with Sonny. Sonny told him he couldn't go and Will didn't consider changing or modifying any of his plans. It seems more like Will expected Sonny to jump up and down clapping his hand and cheering "Yay, yay, we are going to Hollywood". And when he didn't, Will seemed to think "oh Sonny can't go, "bummer" yay I'm taking my daughter to Hollywood".

Will should have told his mother that he belongs in Salem with his husband and his daughter and that he would visit her when he came out to meet with the producers/directors, whoever. Of course, now he's going to have his nose in a twist that Sonny never told him about the Pub growth, etc...but that's okay...so long as he gets his way. His mother, should never have asked/expected Will to go along with this...a good mother would tell him that his place is with his own family...but of course, one does not expect that when it comes to Sami.

Yes, Ari is Will's daughter, but how much time is Will going to have to spend focusing on her? Why should she have to leave everything familiar to her just because Will needs to be up Mommy's butt?

Sonny and Ari have both basically been an afterthought to Will. I guess since Sami's leaving, Will's going to take over her selfishness. Ridiculous.

Will is used to a "shared responsibility" approach to raising Ari. He works at home and cares for Ari (that is unless Sonny is home, when he is he takes over). Will is thinking he and his mom will help each other with the kids and they will more than likely have a nanny as well. Ari will be around lots of family. So for Ari it wouldn't be a bad thing.

Like I was saying there are plenty of actors and such that go away on set for a month or so. In fact Hollywood moms are getting to take their babies on set and spend more time with them more than if they were away at a 9 to 5 job.

The thing is if something were to go awry in Will and Sonny's relationship while Will was away and they don't have a formal adoption or otherwise iron clad legal agreement the case could be made that Will abandoned Ari. Another big story that could be written.

Also if Will were to have an affair and end up divorcing Sonny he could cut Sonny out of Ari's life unless there is a solid adoption. Then there would be a huge custody fight in which the court may just say Will is the father and he has physical custody so that is the courts final decision.

OK I am in the minority here but I can see some of this from Will's point of view.

He has always felt like he was not good enough for Sonny and a little backwater kid compared to what Sonny has done so far in his life. Sonny had been all over the world and had "grown up and was a Man". Will was barely out of high school/college when he came out of the closet and got married to Sonny.

Did Will go about telling and talking to Sonny badly, maybe, but he was looking at it like he finally can be a respected person and measure up to and be an equal adult earning a living too like Sonny and not be the "kept spouse" and he has a chance can earn a lot of money for his daughter's education.

The other day Sonny did say he thinks of the baby as his own too, even though she is not. Will talking to Gabi on his own was, I think, what he should have done, it gave them a chance to talk privately about their daughter. Some conversations should be private.

Now if Sonny was that upset he should be saying something to Will and not pretending he is happy and good with it all.

He told Will to go and take the offer after all.

I read somewhere (Twitter, maybe?) that the actor was going on vacation somewhere, I think Singapore, and requested time off.

At the time of the filming, I believe it was stated that the actor had gone on vacation to Australia. Heck, he may have been told Will was going to be "rested" for a bit, so decided to take advantage. We don't know.
I think Will & Sonny had some good scenes today (10/30 for "their" goodbye. I think Will finally realized that. being all wrapped up in his own excitement, he has NOT been paying attention to how Sonny is feeling.

When Guy Wilson (Will) was in Australia was the same time the entire cast was on hiatus. Maybe he took a little longer hiatus due to the story line.

Back