Winter preview 2021

Saw this on Facebook

2021 Preview!

Ben/Ciara
Ben, who is really at this low point, has some scenes with Claire and admits what he’s afraid to say out loud to anybody else. He says, “As much as I’m trying to move on, the reason I really can’t that deep deep down, I think Ciara is still alive. I think she could be out there somewhere and she needs me and what kind of person would I be, what kind of husband would I be if I didn’t do something about it?” But as the audience will soon see, it may not be totally crazy as he thinks it is.

Charlie/Claire
As some people have suspected from the outset of his arrival in Salem, he, in fact is the rapist. Its really sort of tragic for Claire because she always feels second-best to Ciara and now she feels like, ‘ok, I finally met somebody. I come first with this person.’ And we know she will soon find out that he’s not such a great catch after all, and we fear for Claire’s safety. So while that’s brewing under the surface, John and Steve join forces to try and clear Tripp.

Brady/Chloe/Philip/Kristen
On New Year’s Eve, Chloe overhears a phone call of Philip’s and she’s really on to what he’s doing with Titan. She brings Brady into the situation, so it becomes less about money laundering and more about the romantic stakes between Philip, Chloe and Brady. Also on New Year's Eve, Brady and Chloe end up at this party together and when midnight rolls around, they share a platonic New Year’s kiss. Unfortunately, for them, its published in the newspaper and Kirsten in prison see it and jumps to all sorts of conclusions. Kristen, not being the most rational person in the world, really starts to be fixated on Chloe, which can’t be good for anybody, especially Chloe.

Eli/Lani
From the moment we see the twins in the hospital, we see a mysterious person watching seemingly interested in these babies. When they’re finally ready to take the babies home, we see this mysterious person taking the babies out of the nursery, so the new year does not get off to a good start for Eli and Lani when they realize their babies have been kidnapped. Everybody rallies together, this is not just two parents but two cops, and they’re determined to get to the bottom of who’s doing this.

Allie/Tripp
Tripp gets to Allie and shares his theory that his father has, that maybe there could be this other person who did it. So she starts to have this little question in her mind and ultimately goes to Marlena. And asks her grandmother to try and hypnotize her to remember this night. So the stage is set for her to have the memories of what really happened.

Sarah/Xander
Xander and Sarah ultimately get the goods on Philip, and Sarah wants to proceed with caution and Xander is more of a hothead. He blows up the situation and he starts a chain reaction. By doing that, that pulls the mob into it and leads to some pretty deadly consequences.

Abby/Chad/Gwen/Jack/Jennifer
By New Year’s, Gwen sets the stage for Chad and Abby’s marriage to implode. But the big questions going into 2021 is, why is Gwen doing this? So coming off of what happens on New Year’s, we will find out exactly what that is and it will not only have big consequences for Chad and Abby’s family, but the whole Deveraux family. And then, of course, the next chapter grows out of that.

Kate/Gabi/Jake
The truth about Jake and Kate comes out and just as they’re going public as a couple, Gabi returns to Salem and she’s ready to pick up where she left off with Jake. But Jake is like, ‘I just went public with Kate and we’re in an actual relationship.’ And Gabi is having none of that. So I think its going to be a little more challenging that Gabi thought, but the sparks fly immediately between Gabi and Jake.

Steve/Kayla/Ava/Rafe/Nicole
Ava is in a very different position than everyone else in the Allie/Tripp story, so how she will react and what she will do when this comes out, remains to be seen. But she really ends up being threatened by Charlie, so she is in this dangerous pickle in the moment and it's actually Nicole that suggests to Rafe that he should take Ava in, that he should protect Ava until this crisis has passed, and he’s a little reluctant to get involved at that level. We have this friendship between Rafe and Nicole, and Nicole is trying to broker police protection for Ava, so it's early days, but you have to sort of see how that will develop.

Give me a break!! Kate is an old woman already. Time for the writers to get on board and hook up Kate with some her own age, like Roman. This woman needs to settle down and have a relationship that's real and complementary to the fans and the characters. Time to get rid of all the old-hat stuff on this show.

:beat:

Thanks, thelindaj.

I found the same the same thing on Twitter this morning. We've been told not
to post copies of the magazine.

Is the person who took the twins someone in Salem we know or a mystery person?

Is this the first time twins have been kidnapped in Salem?

Poor Claire, she's going to need to a lot of love once Charlie is found out.

Great news, the boys from Black Patch are working together.

How is Kayla going to feel when she figures out the DNA test she did wasn't complete?

Will Rafe and Ava fall in love? This story is sort of like Rafe and Sami when he had to protect her.

So, we find out on New Year's Eve what Gwen's big secret is. Should we care? Will she come to
a party wearing a big cape?

Xander, Xander, Xander. you to need to take a anger management course.

Is Ciara alive? Will she look the same :)

Is this the first time twins have been kidnapped in Salem?
Nope. Stefano kidnapped Sami and Eric when they were infants.
Is the person who took the twins someone in Salem we know or a mystery person?
I read a RUMOR that it's Vivian, getting revenge on Lani for shooting Stefan.

Heck, that's on all the soaps. I think it's a rule that every soap baby or child has to be kidnapped at least once.

Since we now know Sami became the Salem Screecher and Eric became the Salem Sourpuss, Marlena should've just let Stefano keep them as babies. :rotfl:

I don't mind Kate and Jake together as a real couple as long as the writers don't make it cartoonish. I don't like the sneaking around, though. They actually seem like nicer people when they're together.

There are a lot of couples in real life where the man is older, and nobody complains about that. As soon as the ages are reversed, people get all worked up.

I have known couples with the woman maybe 10-12 years older. But 25 plus is a bit much. But, to each their own. Kate is a great-grandmother, & Jake not even a father yet. (In real life, Kate is 67, Jake is 40)

And yes, many couples have the man 10-15 years older. It doesn't seem to matter much when younger. I think Bill Hayes (Doug) is a lot older than Susan Seaforth Hayes (Julie), and they are very very happy together, after all these years.

Ben/Ciara
Enough with the misery. Reunite poor Ben with Ciara and if the original actress isn't available after that, recast the role with a suitable person.

Charlie/Claire
Pity poor Claire. Her "perfect" new boyfriend is a rapist. Just like the old Claire, the new version can't catch a break.

Brady/Chloe/Philip/Kristen
If Chloe takes down conniving Philly K., she's going to get a rep as a dragon-killer considering that she also eliminated the dreaded Noodle.

Eli/Lani
As I said in another post, it would serve Lani right if her twins are kidnapped by Kristen.

Allie/Tripp
Why wasn't a session with Doc Evans scheduled for Allie long before now.

Sarah/Xander
Xander is his own worst enemy. Only Sarah has kept him from self-destructing.

Abby/Chad/Gwen/Jack/Jennifer
If the writers had any sympathy for the long-suffering viewers, they'd give them the New Year's gift of writing out the insufferable Gwen character.

Kate/Gabi/Jake
Jake now takes up with Gabi? If this keeps up, he going to get the reputation of one of Salem's biggest bed-hoppers.

Steve/Kayla/Ava/Rafe/Nicole
Ava moves in with Rafe to get protection? This sounds bad. All viewers with a good memory know what happened after Rafe moved in with Sami to protect her from the real killer of corrupt Mayor Marino.

Hmmm, I just read that last bit again about Rafe and Ava. You don't think they will try to pair those two, do you?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have known couples with the woman maybe 10-12 years older. But 25 plus is a bit much. But, to each their own. Kate is a great-grandmother, & Jake not even a father yet. (In real life, Kate is 67, Jake is 40)

And yes, many couples have the man 10-15 years older. It doesn't seem to matter much when younger. I think Bill Hayes (Doug) is a lot older than Susan Seaforth Hayes (Julie), and they are very very happy together, after all these years.

In real life though, some women and also some gay men who lacked a father figure really are attracted and into someone old enough to be their parent. Same with some heterosexual men who lack a mother figure, they go for much older women. In Jake's case, he wasn't raised with a mother. I think the storyline shows a real thing, not just Kate being the cougar since Jake is the pursuer not Kate this time.

Side Note: I also believe Vivian is the one who stole Lani and Eli's twins. With Vivian in jail, she and Kristen can plot against poor Chloe, lol. (just my speculation)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back