Xander

Wherever he hails from, I am glad he has an edge and is here to stir up trouble. Hopefully him being directly connected to one of Salem's main families and history being established means that he will be written for and interact with many characters and not just languish like the extra characters they keep trying to force down our throats that have no connection to our beloved VETS and additional family members. (I am talking to you Jordan & Ben. I think Clyde is doing a fine job introducing a new villain though.)

Very disappointing that he is not Justin's son/Sonny's brother. For once, I thought the writers had finally brought on a new character with staying power and I was really hopeful about the possibility of this character with Nicole and with the Kiriakis clan. I should have known this writing regime would mess this story up:angry:.

Can we can the rest of the stories for the next few months and let the new writers take over now? I shudder to think what is coming up in the next few months with the old writing regime

On further thought, I also think it's ridiculous that Brady didn't recognize his cousin. I've reconnected with relatives in adulthood before and there is always some type of resemblance to how they looked as a child. Give me a break!

The writers have really planted a doozy on us haven't they? They really want to trash this show before the new writers material airs. Anyhow, I don't see why they couldn't have made this character be Damon, Victor's hitman still. He could have still had a great storyline tied to Eric/Serena and kept the whole Kiriakis family connection out. I also am starting to see glimpses of Xander being the Andre DiMera of the Kiriakis family perhaps?

Heck, there is no reason Damon could not have remained the son of Victor's brother. However, Damon DID shoot Clyde, intending to kill him, and perhaps the writers did not want the Kiriakis family themselves actually killing someone.

Good body language, and facial expression from Xander. If I were his wing-man, I would advise him to tone the flirting down a bit, though... you too, Paul!

Here is an article even wondering who exactly this Xander is. They even talk about him being Justin's son since other family changes are coming up but after yesterday's show he seems like a totally different character.

So are they using distractions to surprise us that Xander is Alexander or is he really another new character?

How long will they drag this out? Hopefully it is cleared up quickly.

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/201...ander-cross-really-alexander-kiriakis-on-days

I'm not too impressed with this character - too smug. I don't want him hooking up with Nicole - she has already had evil Elvis in her past. I would rather see her with someone like Rafe who could cause sparks with their different ways of dealing with things. Xander seems like he will soon be the face of evil in Salem. He and Serena can ride off into the sunset together hopefully. I don't think the writers had a clue if they should make her evil with him or the victim of his manipulations, but they can leave together now.

All this Xander/Alexandros Alex/Alexander thing has done is cause confusion with the viewers. The onscreen explanation was flimsy and not detailed enough. If he wasn't going to be Justin's oldest son then why use the name Alexandros? I can deal with the writers playing loose with history to a point but it was specifically stated that Victor had one brother (who died in the 80's) who had one son, Justin. So either they're saying Victor had another brother who had a son or Justin had a brother, both being reinvented history. I feel like this is the writers way of giving the viewers the shaft. Everyone was super excited at the prospect of another Kiriakis, Justin and Adrienne having another son in town, Sonny a brother. Instead they invent some non-existant family member who also shares the same (or similar) name. I'd say this is the straw that broke the camel's back with these writers but there have been so many things. This actually feels like purposeful sabotage to me.

I kind of figure Xander like Colin's story will end up in a "who done it" murder storyline. We know Xander likes getting his hands dirty......murdered a guy and just got assault charges, and Serena knows he is not a man to mess with either.

Xander might be used in the Weston/Kiriakis war storyline. Oddly enough I see the same actor who played Damon "killing" Clyde, will come back in a different form as Xander going after the same guy we seen him kill months ago. (Ugh casting come on now, great actor but we still remember Damon) which gets me to believe that Xander may do a lot of dirty work unbeknown to Victor to try and win his approval over Daniel and Brady.

Daniel and Brady may have to team up against the evil cousin.

Back