You think you had a bad day????

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi folks, I am back, at least I think I am, hopefully the internet problems are finally solved. So I came home yesterday, to find no internet, called the server, heard a message to pull the plug on the modem, blah, blah, did it all, still nothing. Called again, finally got the live person, (with NO accent! lol) who had me doing all those little additional mysterious things in places I did not know existed...but still no internet, so he tells me he is going to send a repairman out on Thursday, and then was going to send me an e-mail. Told him I was not going to be able to get it, cuz......I DON'T HAVE INTERNET! Egads!

So, this morning, when I finally get my computer turned on, voila, I can get the internet. But gol dang, it is pretty slow. Well, being as it was 10 below zero last night, I again did not get Days, but thought I would download it from the gal who has been letting me do this.....so I could at least see today's show. Well, instead of the usual 35 minutes.......it was taking an hour and a half, and then........I am notified the file is corrupted and invalid! I decide to wait for the repairman, as something is wrong. But I figure it is so late already, might as well watch Days today in real time. I turn it on the TV. guess what? Pre-empted here for high school hockey! sigghhhh.
The repairman calls me, asks if I have my internet back, tells me of some big traffic jam glitch down in Alabama, and another in LaCrosse (WI). I tell him of the slow going, he is surprised, but mentions he, too, AT THEIR OFFICE, was downloading something and it took forever instead of the usual few minutes. Also that they did not even know their internet was down until the tech help desk started getting all these calls. LOL. (Don't you love technology?)was Well, he had me check a few things, was not going to send anyone out unless absolutely necessary, and so I tried the download again....it was coming in faster now. Hey, yippee, I will get to see Thursday show. Finished downloading a while ago..and guess what....still was corrupted.

Oh, did I mention the GPS gizmo (Garmin) which has not been used since received at Christmas, got taken to town to finally try out, and kept shutting off after just being on for a few seconds??? So much fun. I am coughing and beginning to run a small fever with the cold.

It is supposed to be below zero again tonight, so probably will not get the show again, and the gal who downloads the show onto a site where I can download it...is leaving on vacation tomorrow.....so.......that will be that. Keep your fingers crossed.

Here is some good news. We are supposed to warm up this weekend, and get up in the mid and high 40s.....so....hopefully, Day Ahead will be a go on Monday.

Poirot. Sorry for all the problems you are having. Don't you worry about the day's ahead. Get lots of rest and fluids. Don't want you getting sick. I will put Thurs/Fri show up after I have watched it tonight.

DJM is such an angel to pick up Poirot's slack when she's down or sick or her internet won't work or something else goes wrong.

Bless all of you for the efforts you make to bring us our daily DOOL "FIX". LOL

Without you, we wouldn't know what was going on. Some of us don't have DVR or tape or any of those gadgets.

Again, thanks for all that you do.

Awwww, Donna, that is very kind of you, my goodness.

With Wayne out of town I could not even cry on his shoulder, LOLOL. Sami is one lucky gal that Rafe is so handy. Ha. Did I mention there were 3 more spammers trying to become members? I wrote Wayne earlier this week, that nearly every day there is one or two. He is going to look into it.
Sent my hubby out for cough drops, was specific. He brought one correct one, one incorrect.

I am drinking green tea as I type. Trying to catch up around here....It may have been just 2 days, seems like sooooooo long. LOL

:idea: Maybe God knew you needed a rest and tampered with your Internet. :rolleyes:

I hope you feel better soon. There is nothing like some Jewish Penicillin (Chicken soup) and tea with lemon and honey. My aunt swears by a hot toddy made with a heaping tablespoon of honey mixed into a cup of hot grapefruit juice. I think she left out the shot of bourbon though. :D

Cepacol is my favorite throat lozenge. I keep the Tylenol on hand too. Depending on how the cold is going I will also do the Vick's vapor rub and Nyquil. I throw in Echinacea, Zinc, Vitamin C and Goldenseal to boost the immune system.

Hi folks, I am back, at least I think I am, hopefully the internet problems are finally solved. So I came home yesterday, to find no internet, called the server, heard a message to pull the plug on the modem, blah, blah, did it all, still nothing. Called again, finally got the live person, (with NO accent! lol) who had me doing all those little additional mysterious things in places I did not know existed...but still no internet, so he tells me he is going to send a repairman out on Thursday, and then was going to send me an e-mail. Told him I was not going to be able to get it, cuz......I DON'T HAVE INTERNET! Egads!

So, this morning, when I finally get my computer turned on, voila, I can get the internet. But gol dang, it is pretty slow. Well, being as it was 10 below zero last night, I again did not get Days, but thought I would download it from the gal who has been letting me do this.....so I could at least see today's show. Well, instead of the usual 35 minutes.......it was taking an hour and a half, and then........I am notified the file is corrupted and invalid! I decide to wait for the repairman, as something is wrong. But I figure it is so late already, might as well watch Days today in real time. I turn it on the TV. guess what? Pre-empted here for high school hockey! sigghhhh.
The repairman calls me, asks if I have my internet back, tells me of some big traffic jam glitch down in Alabama, and another in LaCrosse (WI). I tell him of the slow going, he is surprised, but mentions he, too, AT THEIR OFFICE, was downloading something and it took forever instead of the usual few minutes. Also that they did not even know their internet was down until the tech help desk started getting all these calls. LOL. (Don't you love technology?)was Well, he had me check a few things, was not going to send anyone out unless absolutely necessary, and so I tried the download again....it was coming in faster now. Hey, yippee, I will get to see Thursday show. Finished downloading a while ago..and guess what....still was corrupted.

Oh, did I mention the GPS gizmo (Garmin) which has not been used since received at Christmas, got taken to town to finally try out, and kept shutting off after just being on for a few seconds??? So much fun. I am coughing and beginning to run a small fever with the cold.

It is supposed to be below zero again tonight, so probably will not get the show again, and the gal who downloads the show onto a site where I can download it...is leaving on vacation tomorrow.....so.......that will be that. Keep your fingers crossed.

Here is some good news. We are supposed to warm up this weekend, and get up in the mid and high 40s.....so....hopefully, Day Ahead will be a go on Monday.

We have had that problem with our Garmin too. You need to take the silver face off...there is a little notch somewhere there and press the reset button.

Barb ~ do not know if you are with Comcast -but they were down and did not know it till my neighbor called it in this morning - the men that work from home around here were fit to be tied... someone dropped the ball there...

Sorry everyone. I just went to watch the show. I got the opening hourglass then their was a big helicopter accident in newfoundland where I get the day ahead. I can give a summary of the news report. 18 people on board. One found alive another found dead and 16 missing. No sign of the copter.

Oh that is sooooo sad. You know what DJM the summary doesn't matter. Those poor families need our prayers. That is more important!

Oh, my gosh........DJM......that is horrible. And mystifying. No sign of copter, 16 people missing but 2 accounted for???

Hey, can't tell you how much I appreciate your willingness to help out in the pinch. Just take care. Our readers here are just wonderful.

Barb, I hope you are feeling better soon! I also am looking forward to a warm-up here in the upper midwest! Thank you for all you do for us, and all you go through to do it!

Poirot - hope you get to feeling better soon. When I had pneumonia a couple of weeks ago, I took the Zicam liquid for day and night. You can even mix it with something to drink if you want. It tastes horrible, but it sure helped.

DJM - thanks for trying!! Just goes to show ya that the news doesn't stop for DOOL!:wink:

The families involved in the plane crash are in my prayers.

Barb, hope you tart felling better. Don't worry about the show just get better. You need your rest so don't get up in the middle of the night to check things out. JUST REST! We'll get by for now.
DJM thanks for you efforts in trying to bring us our fix. Better luck tomorrow.

Poirot, sorry to hear about your bad day. I am glad that your internet is up and running again. I hope you feel better real soon take care of yourself.

Isn't it funny how we can get so caught up in Sami, Hope, Bo and all our Days stuff but while we are all in Salem there is real life going on. Sad things, good things as the world moves on. Thank you all for watching and reporting so when I can't I am still in the know. Your kindness in this shows me you all are good people out there in the real world.

** lifting up prayers for my Days family**

Hey Barb,

You get some much needed rest and don't worry about doing the summaries for us. Your health is way more important than that.

DJM - Thanks for offering to take up the slack for Barb while this cold and fever has her knocked down a bit. I appreciate all you do to help her out and for letting us know about the helicopter accident. They're in my prayers.....

Nurse Hamster - I too believe in the VICK'S vapor rub! I've put it on my feet and put socks on afterward and it does, believe it or not, help with the cough so you can sleep at night!!!

Oh this morning they have found part of the helicopter, but no more people. They were on their way to an off shore oil rig to work.

Back