Your Favorite Super Couple!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had forgotten about Chris and Savannah! That was some good times, back then. Didn't Chris own some type of bar/club?? Cant remember the name. Savannah was a Bad sometimes good girl.. If I remember correctly.

Caliope and Eugene

Steve (Patch) and Kayla were probably my overall favorite, but Caliope and Eugene were different and that made them great!

I had forgotten about Chris and Savannah! That was some good times, back then. Didn't Chris own some type of bar/club?? Cant remember the name.

Chris was manager at Shenanigans. Don't remember who owned it.
He also owned The Body Connection (a health club) I 'think' with Josh Fallon. (Nick's father)

Wow... Can always count on you genehunter for the info! Thank ya!! Yep, I do remember Shenanigans, Body Connection. But I am having a hard time remembering Josh Fallon... (Wasn't Body Connection the place Megan was trying to kill Hope, but ending up accidentally killing herself?)

(Wasn't Body Connection the place Megan was trying to kill Hope, but ending up accidentally killing herself?)

Actually, she 'was' trying to kill Hope, rigging the electric in the hot tub.... but wound up being killed instead.

BTW, do you remember that Megan Hathaway was actually another of Stefano's off-spring?

More details at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megan_Hathaway
(includes picture of actress, for those who need their memories jogged.:))

and
http://soapcentral.com/days/whoswho/megan.php

how about
Owen and his magical hairbrush...now THAT was a super couple!

:rotfl: Oh Rew, you do bring a smile to this face of mine! That's pretty classic.

I don't know if I have a favorite super couple... hmmm Jack and Jennifer is one.

I won't limit this to a poll, because there a several to choose from, and I may not think of one from the distant past. It seems that they way things are going on Days now, we are losing our Super Couples. Way back when, you could SEE and feel who was going to be SUPER! I just don't see it happening now, the way the couples get paired QUICK, and have problems before they even get started. In honor of great couples past lets remember them.

I have several favorites: (in no particular order)

Bo and Hope (they are still super, just victims of a bad storyline right now.)
Kim and Shane - True love. Great love songs. Their love scenes made you believe they were in love.
Kayla and Steve - They had it all. Adventure, great love scenes. Humor. And also great love songs. I love how "The Rose" was such a part of them.
John and Marlena - More inspiring way back when. Still, I'll always love John!
Doug and Julie - Handsome couple! Then, and NOW. Too bad we don't see more of them.

Ah, Kim and Shane I always loved too! Great chemistry. ;)

Hmm..let me think back ...

Bo and Carly-(back in the day and now, they were amazing, they went through alot together.)

Maggie and Mickie- (now there is a couple i used to love:)

Sami and Rafe-( well i hope so when this gone-on-to-long baby storyline ends)

Well i have more but they are probably my top three:)

Jack and Jennifer were the reason I got absolutely hooked on Days. Matthew Ashford was the main star in many of my junior high dreams! ;)

John and Marlena (I would just like to have John back even without Marlena, just for his way of handling things)
Bo and Hope w/decent storylines
Belle and Shawn (original Shawn)
Sami w/Rafe

Could never get into Jack and Jennifer - he was just so childish and dumb
I liked Jennifer better with Frankie

I'm going to have to go with Bo and Hope, they always find their way back to one another.

I looooved Rex and Mimi back in the day! Was so sad when they broke up and Rex scooted out of town.

I love love loved belle and the original shawn. they were my favorite.
Otherwise, it's John and Marlena and I also loved Philip and Chloe together. I hope their recent interactions together is going to bring them back together further down the road.
And I really liked Bo and Hope back in the day, but haven't liked them for the last couple of years. B-O-R-I-N-G!

I was kind of hoping that Nathan and Melanie would eventually turn into a supercouple, but am not getting bored of their storyline together.

Oh,and who can forget Patch and Kayla!!

I loved Jack and Jennifer
But prefered Jennifer and Frankie
The old Bo and Hope
John and Marlena
The old Shawn and Bell
Mimi and Rex
The old Brady and Chloe
Steve and Kayla
Brandon and Sami
EJ and Sami
Rafe and Sami
I never really cared for Sami and Lucas

I personally love EJ and Sami together and think they are the best couple.

Hmm. I have pretty strict standards about which couples qualify as supercouples and there are definitely some mentioned in this thread I don't feel are supercouples. My own definition of "supercouple" would be "popular couple who was always written as the rooting couple despite obstacles and interlopers." Of course, this is all subjective; for example, I do not believe any Sami pairing has reached supercouple status.

Since I started watching in 1987, these are the couples I would qualify as true supercouples:

John and Marlena
Steve and Kayla
Jack and Jennifer
Bo and Hope
Kim and Shane

Of those five, Steve and Kayla were my favorite. I also enjoyed John and Marlena in the '90s (I didn't watch about half of the '00s). I loved Jack and Jennifer back then, but they did not wear well with time for me. Looking back on it I wouldn't like them if they were a new couple today. Bo and Hope I neither love nor hate; they're just there for me. I liked Kim and Shane a lot but I don't remember much about them, and honestly I think they maybe belong in the next tier down.

These are the couples I think are probably supercouples but were before my time so I can't speak much about them:

Roman (Wayne Northrup) and Marlena
Tom and Alice
Doug and Julie
Mickey and Maggie

Then there are the couples I would classify as something below "super" but still popular:

Tony and Anna
Justin and Adrienne
Mike and April
Austin and Carrie
Philip and Chloe
Brady and Chloe
Bo and Billie

I never liked Tony and Anna. I liked Justin and Adrienne a lot, ditto Mike and April. Never could stand Carrie, or Kyle Lowder's Brady. I still think Philip and Chloe could have "it." I really liked Bo and Billie before Hope returned.

Sad, isn't it, that this era really seems to be gone? There's really nobody left to root for from a couples standpoint.

Kimberly and Shane
Bo and Hope....oh well.:(
Steve and Kayla

\My all time favorite is EJ and Sami, followed by Shane and Kim. I liked Steve and Kayla and Bo and Hope too . I really loved Patrick Muldoon as Austin and Christy Clark as Carrie. Did not like newer Austin at all. Jack and jennifer were great but none hold a candle to the chemistry of EJ/Sami for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back