Your very first Days memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sunnydaz

My very first memory was when Doug and Addy were married she was sick and her daughter was Hope....Addy died.....Doug remarried and Julie adopted Hope....I'm not sure if i'm correct but that is my very first memory of Days.

I was 12 and watched with my Nanny.....the next very first memory was Doug's Place.....he sang and Liz (i think was her name) was a singer also who worked for Doug.

I know i'm aging myself but i dont care.....i'm who i am, i'm older then many of you........but i don't look or act it LOLOLOLOL ZAAAZAMMM

When I was young my mum always watched but my first memories were of Bo and Hope she was about to marry Larry and he came and kidnapped her and took her on his bike and they were running around the park,Good Times back then.I remember pretending to be sick from school so I could watch their wedding we didn't have anything back then to record it.

I remember that.....Bo (Peter Reckell) was so HOT with his longer hair and beird......Bo and Hope had such chemistry, its very sad that this regime has ignored/been blinded or doesn't give a hoot or a holla that fans wanted them to survive and keep their supercouple status.

deleted comments about actress' appearance...JS

Talk about showing my age: I watched from a young age because my mother and grandmothers watched. I remember when Julie was a teen and what an absolute brat she was! LOL, knowing the kind of trouble I'd be in if I did stuff like that, whoa!

Early memories can get all mixed up, since so long ago, but when I began watching there was no Peter Reckell, it was Robert Kelker Kelly playing Bo, Hope was "dead", Marlena was also "dead", John was raising the kids. But it was the sexy guy with the eye patch, rough around the edges, getting involved with the quiet nurse, Kayla that I remember the most, as one glimpse of him, and I became a Days watcher. I remember Carrie having her own little apartment, with that piano player Austin across the hall, who was paying for and supporting sister Billie's stay in rehab. A couple different actors portraying an ill Jack, who just arrived from Hawaii, and was hospitalized, with Kayla taking care of him.

When I was young my mum always watched but my first memories were of Bo and Hope she was about to marry Larry and he came and kidnapped her and took her on his bike and they were running around the park,Good Times back then.I remember pretending to be sick from school so I could watch their wedding we didn't have anything back then to record it.
That is my first memory as well and I pretended to be sick the next day so I could go home and see the continuation of Bo/Hope in the park.... I was at school and had just finished my only exam for the day, then I suddenly pretended to have stomach cramps....It was toward the end of the school year.
I had been exempt from exams the day before and saw Bo riding his bike to the church with "I Need a Hero" playing in the background. And that's how I knew that I needed to play sick the next day.....lol
I think it was 1984.

My first memory is...well...I'm not sure what was going on but I seem to remember Roman yelling at Sami...that could be any number of times. I'm sure I saw Marlena at some point and Bo and Hope but the way the argument was happening was enough to make me turn to my mom (I was a young child) and ask "Mommy, what IS this show?"
It was between the years of 1995 and 1997....

If I am not wrong....(and I could be, wasn't watching then) Marie fell in love with this guy, was engaged....but it turned out to be her brother Tommy, who had been injured in the war, facial reconstruction, and of course, the old reliable memory loss. This is why she went into the convent and became a nun.

Patch & Kayla's love affair had me glued to the TV every day. And of course he & Bo had adventures together, Mike Horton being played by the oh, so handsome Michael T. Weiss. Those were definitely THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES back then.

My mother and sister watched Another World and I believe Days came on first so I remember seeing the last few minutes of the show and that gave a vague idea of the storylines. I think I vaguely remember them talking about Addy and I remember Marlena and Roman living next door to Alice and Tom. I also remember that in one swoop they fired a bunch of the older actors to focus on younger characters. However my first spark of interest was when they brought in Stephano on for the first time and he had Andrea in a cave wearing an iron mask. I remember thinking that this was the most evil person I had ever seen. I also remember that he had an evil maid who he would speak to through a TV monitor. Years before skype.

O.K. yep, that was Tony Merrit, he broke the engagment because of an illness (leukemia?), Marie was depressed, Tony's dad Craig was kind and helpful. They married. And then Tony lived with them for a while and Marie was quite torn between the two, but remained faithful to her husband.

Marie was engaged to Tony Merritt; he broke off the engagement (said he didn't love her) and she went into a deep depression and tried to kill herself. Later she met Craig Merritt (his father) and married him. Later, Tony came back to Salem and admitted her only told her he didn't love her because he had a serious illness. Craig realized Tony and Marie were truly in love and bowed out (after she had miscarried his baby). Tony and Marie tried to make a go of things, but it didn't work out.

Then she met Dr. Mark Brooks, who turned out to be Tommy Horton.

Lilo, I think you are think of Tony & Craig Merritt. Tony broke off his engagement to Marie. She became depressed & tried to kill herself. His father, Craig, was there for her & they fell in love.

I can't really say my 1st memory because it's been so long. My clearest early memory is Bill/Laura/Mickey just before Bill left when his hand issue kept him from being a surgeon. I loved the Salem Strangler storyline too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back