Your very first Days memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first DAYS memory was from June 2010, just three months before I turned 15. I was writing something in the living room on the carpet. It was summer break in DC, so too hot and humid to do anything outside. DAYS came on, and Nicole found Brady on the pier, and comforted him. He was drunk, then they nearly kissed, but Brady beat up a cop that came by. Also, Chad was arguing with his mother about going to Salem U, and I think Sami had that picnic with EJ bu the river. I was really drawn in by Nicole's chemistry with Brady, but I wasn't able to watch again due to going on vacations. The next time I watched was when Rafe revealed the truth about the Sydnapping at the wedding, and Sami got together with Rafe. I've watched/read recaps ever since. Never missed a DAY (pun intended).

I only watched Days when I was younger when I was sick or in summer.
And only when my mom wasn't home.

My first memory was Mickey and Maggie on the farm. I'm not sure when
that was, but remember scenes with them. I'm sure I saw other characters
too, but don't remember now

I've been watching since '01 (I was 14yrs old) So, my first memory or at least what got me hooked was when Jan and Mimi were planning a prank against Chloe at the Last Blast Dance.

JS, you and I share much in common. But my mom didn't like me talking about the show. She finally gave up complaining about it when I was about 8 or 9, and just accepted that I was a fan of the show on my own by then. :)

DaysDegrassi - that's exactly when I started watching again regularly, after years of dipping in and out.

LOL, that's too cute, JS and Jason.

My earliest memory of Days is the very first day it came on as a 1/2 hour show. I was sick, so my Mom kept me home from school. She had me on the couch so she wouldn't have to keep going up and down the stairs to check on me. Dr. Tom Horton was dashing, and Alice Horton was dressed up with her pearls on. :)

It's kind of refreshing seeing other younger viewers around here...I'm 20 and my friends always think I'm crazy when I tell them I have to go watch Days. Or I can recap the entire year for them on a whim (I recapped it for one of my co-workers last week) My dad hates picking me up from school because the entire 2-hour ride back to home is me telling him who's still on the show, who is new and what his favorites are doing and he doesn't even care anymore. When Bo left, my dad lost interest even further.

*Would the "other high school poster" possibly be me? I was in high school when I first started coming around...I'm a junior in college now though.

OMG I can relate so much!! My family hates it when me and my grandma talk about Days in front of them! And when I was a 10th grader, I'd sit in study hall watching Days on my computer, and my friends all laughed and thought I was weird. I also recapped the year for some who were interested, but they never watched.

I say my first memory is a scene of Roman yelling at Sami...well, there's more to my viewing of Days of our Lives. My mother passed away in 1998. I didn't even think about the show for another 6 years and then my dad was watching it in 2004 (I was 11/12). And it was when Rex and Cassie first "arrived" and I was like "What the hell is this?" "It's Days of our Lives..." my dad grunted. And I was like "Didn't mom used to watch this?" and that's when I got hooked LATER in life.

I guess you can say this show really holds sentimental value to me...it's like, a piece of my mom's personality to hold onto. I don't think I would have cared much about it for any other reason.

Gloria Loring (Liz Chandler) and Judi Evans (Adrienne) are both blond and had very similar hair styles back in the 80's; could be why you think they look alike.

I also remember some of David and Valerie. I have no idea what years stories
were on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back