Cox Subscribers/Peacock Deal

Today is the day you will have to start paying for Peacock Premium if you have Cox.

Time to get my credit card. I'm going to try ad free. If anyone sees a bargain price
on Peacock let us know.

I must say that I am using the Peacock app more than I thought I would. I’ve binge watched the entire Murder, She Wrote series twice, and just finished watching all episodes of Psych again (plus all the movies) before revisiting Monk.

revisiting Monk.
I just ran through Monk three times - faves first, then a fuller run, then a fuller-er run. I'm preparing to do a fourth run when I start working and actually watch every episode (even the ones I loathe).

Back to topic- has there been any news about how Days or Peacock are doing?

I have a really really really weird issue with Peacock.... I have close captioning turned on for Days it helps with language sometime and names... Okay the CC on my laptop AND Smart TV for TV shows is in English..... but for Movies, the close captioning is in Spanish....... and I can't figure out how come.... why are movies different?

I hate the interface and this is one streaming service I have that I haven't shared with kids......

Ideas??

I just got an email from Cox giving me $2 a month off the Premium price of $4.99 a month for a year. If you want the code, it is PEAAWRCRTXMECD. It's only good for current Cox customers. I don't plan to use it.

I have a really really really weird issue with Peacock.... I have close captioning turned on for Days it helps with language sometime and names... Okay the CC on my laptop AND Smart TV for TV shows is in English..... but for Movies, the close captioning is in Spanish....... and I can't figure out how come.... why are movies different?

I hate the interface and this is one streaming service I have that I haven't shared with kids......

Ideas??
Robin,

Agree with Jason about Peacock's funky interface.

I watch on my laptop.

See the snip below and look for the little yellow square box.

When you click on it, you will have the option to turn the subtitle off, and the only language that I see offered is English, vs other streaming services like Netflix, which offers several different languages.

I hope this helps!

1674067751335.png

I watch a lot on Peacock, including Bates Motel, which is excellent, by the way. It is confusing, however, when I watch Freddie Highmore in this and The Good Doctor at the same time! VERY different characters, and he is perfect in both roles.

But I digress...Another issue with Peacock (and Hulu, as well) is the difficulty removing shows from both your list/your stuff and continue watching, for shows, not movies.

With movies, you just scroll through to the end, there is a commercial break to get through, and then it ends, and it disappears.

But with a show, even if you hit remove and confirm, the show returns. So if there is a series that has 50 episodes, you would need to do this on all 50 episodes. They just won't go away and clutter your screen. Very annoying. I don't know if the same issue happens on a phone app, but it does on my laptop.

And on Peacock, there is a category "my stuff" and *I could click on it, Days was there and bingo, I could watch. Overnight a couple weeks ago, Only the Beyond Salem appears, I have to go into browsing and then TV shows, before I can get regular Days. Watch on desktop computer. Something else I truly hate.

Sometimes I have to hit Peacock at top and hit account holder to make "my stuff" and show "continue watching"
on my computer.

The closed captioning is strange. I turn it off on my account, but it still shows up on my TV. That's why I
have it twice.

my older sister in Glendale, CA doesn't know what she's doing 98% of the time with her electronic devices..... good thing my boys or I stop by frequently to take off the 3 closed captioning or the 4 search bars she installs on her computer making a 15 in screen almost impossible to use..... I haven't started the idea of streaming with her.... I don't have the patience.....

That being said COX sent me an email today with a special price for continuing Peacock through them so if you have COX check your email and or spam for your special code.

And Peacock is without a doubt the worst interface of all systems I use, even if I ignore Spanish language closed captioning with it.

Yes - the interface is glitchy. Not as bad as HBO Max, but nowhere near Hulu or Netflix.

We're never going to know the real numbers for the show now. Maybe they'll make something public for advertisers, but my guess is the whole thing is now behind the wall of private business unlike the over-the-air ratings.

I have been receiving Peacock Premium Plus through Cox for the last year. After January 15, 2023 I went to my Peacock account and it said that my account is now billed through Apple iTunes, which I did not do. I contacted Peacock and they said I would need to contact Apple Support. I contacted Apple Support and they said they have no record of a Peacock subscription from my Apple ID. I contacted Cox and they said I was still receiving Peacock through Cox because I am a Cox internet subscriber. I am thoroughly confused.

Sounds like their left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing........lol. Did Cox perhaps say why you were told something different from Cox itself just a bit earlier? No, of course not.

Have run into different answers from same company in other cases. I guess you will have to just wait and see where it shows up.

Don't know if you pay monthly or annually, perhaps that makes a difference. ????

I have no idea what to tell you, gscottar.

Last Wed, my Peacock account showed I lost Peacock Premium because Cox took it off.
Other cable companies are still letting subscribers have Peacock Premium.

Do you have Apple iTunes? Maybe Peacock is free with that.

I don't know if anyone at Cox can help unless you talk to someone in person. They have
a lot of employees overseas. You can ask them on phone to talk to someone in US.

Welcome to the board, gscottar.

The person at Cox said that the email I received stating that Peacock would not be available after January 15 was a scam. I doubt this is true since it has been publicized on many reputable outlets that the promotion was ending. I have no idea how or how often I will now be paying for Peacock.

Back