04/10/2018 - Donuts and blueberry yogurt

M

Muzzaman

Good morning everyone,

Bright and sunny here today but some wet, heavy thick snow expected this week. It will fall and melt or accumulate then melt making a slushy mess, making streets like little lagoons.

Hope you all have a good day and just posting an apology letter to the Empress Hotel in Victoria, British Columbia, albeit 17 years later, but a pretty funny read!! Enjoy and have a good day.

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/2018/04/06/original-pepperoni-seagull-hotel-ban-letter/

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzA1NC8zNjIvb3JpZ2luYWwvZnJ5aW5nLWVnZy1zaWRld2Fsay5qcGc=

Good Morning. Frying an egg on the patio last evening at 5:05pm. It was 94F degrees in the shade. That's life for the next 9+ months now.

For those of you stuck in winter blizzards, cold rain, wind, and fluctuating temperatures, I hope your weather pattern changes to bring Spring warm breezes, birds singing and gorgeous flowers blooming soon.

Today seems basic enough routine with Hubs at home, kiddos at school. Once home this afternoon I need to pull dead weeds and spray lives ones so they die at root level. Then sweep front porch and back patio because dust accumulates every couple of hours in the desert.

Wishing you a great Tuesday.

Good morning,

Noel - please tell me you didn't eat that egg. Glad hubby is settled in at home until the doctor says he can work.

We received some bad new last night. My father-in-law, who's been living in assisted living for about a year and half, has been transferred to the nursing home unit and they don't think he'll live much longer. His health is deteriorating fast. My hubby is completely beside himself with grief and guilt as we haven't visited as often as he thinks we should.

We're planning to go down and visit this weekend, as there's just no way to get there in the evenings. And with his sun-downers symptoms, I don't think it would be good for Gena to see him at night anyway.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Manda: I remember when my Mom was in sun-downer phase and quickly deteriorating. It is beyond heartbreaking and leaves you with a feeling of deep hopelessness. All you can do is comfort them, watch, pray, and hope they don't suffer any more. Upholding your husband, father-in-law, with you & Gena in our hearts & prayers. :hug:

Yeesh, Noel, you're right. I would take one day of that heat which would likely melt our snow away. LOL!

Manada, so sorry to hear of your father in law. Hope you all pull together and comfort one another during this time.

Noel - sadly it's a slightly easier for me to deal with than my husband or Gena, as I was there with my grandma when she went through the same thing. But grandma was in a home a few miles from my apartment when she was first diagnosed with Alzheimer's and I visited her almost every day. Most days my grandma and I would just sit together holding hands watching Wheel of Fortune.

I know how devastated I was to see her suffer through that and I was in my late 20's. I won't put Gena through that at 8. Her heart is too big and it would hurt her too much if she doesn't remember her, as she just wouldn't really understand. Our plan right now it to take things one day at a time.

Muzz - the family has been so broken since my mother-in-law passed. Maybe this is what it will take to pull everyone back together.

Oh, absolutely, Manda, it is much more complicated for a child. Especially a tender-hearted child like Gena. You can be such a comfort to your husband because you have experienced this sorrow. After having lived through it, I know when to be silent, when to speak and definitely what not to say to the loved one watching their beloved fade away from Alzheimer's. You will be his rock of comfort. And, day by day to hour by hour seems to be pathway.

Good morning. Muzz, enjoy your bright and sunny while it lasts. I'm going to enjoy calmer winds today, while that lasts. Starting tomorrow we'll have wind warnings for the rest of the week. We do have sun though.

Noel, I've always heard of frying eggs on outside surfaces and I'm sure it would work in the summer here but I've never tried it. I'm glad your husband got the work issue settled. Hope he heals faster now.

Manda, my heart goes out to your family. I was dealing with that sundowner thing before my husband went to the nursing home. It is exhausting, both mentally and physically. I can understand your desire to shield Gena from seeing her grandfather that way. God bless all of you, and may the family be brought together as all of you go through this.

Guess I'll head for the nursing home again in a little while. Wishing all of you a good day.

Good morning all....tho really not all that good here, so Muzza's link to the apology letter had me laughing out loud (much needed for me) That truly was hysterical....and amazing that the windows did not have screens. LOL. Sure would not want to have been that maid. Egads.

Gotta say, the weather news this a.m. is so depressing. We were told about the 40s temps and sunshine for a few days this week, and now......yep, Snow, snow, maybe rain mixed with it, and as Muzza described, sound s like lots of slush, only temps will be in 20s, so that would mean ice. The sun was out briefly early this am. Now has clouded up considerably, grey, yuk.
Wishing you all much better.

OC: my son doubted we could fry an egg in April. Query answered in a few minutes. Nice that your weather has settled down somewhat and I hope that alleviates some of your allergy issues. Enjoy visiting with your husband and being out in the sun today.

Poirot: so sorry your weather news is bleak for this time of year. It would be nice if everyone just got 4 seasons within a reasonable timeline but Mother Nature seems to be very fickle nowadays. Hope your day ends better than it began.

I see Rew on FB quite often. Don't know anything about the others.

We here in the Pacific Northwest have several ways of describing that wet stuff that falls from the sky: heavy dew, mist, sprinkle, drizzle, light shower. Most of us wouldn't think about using an umbrella or wearing raincoats for any of the above. But what we have going on out there today is R-A-I-N. No other word for it! And I would get drenched if I tried to get from my door to the car without some kind of water proof protection! And I was hoping to do a little yard work. Hmmmm.

Muzza, I have been to the Empress for high tea, once. I wanted to say I had had that experience. Very pricey. Now I choose one of the smaller local shops for my high tea. Just as good but less "grand". That story you shared was hilarious! Thanks for the laugh.

Last edited:
Muzza: I miss some of our posters too and wonder if they are just disillusioned with the show. Hopefully they are healthy and happy.

Lil0: oh we call the wet stuff "liquid sunshine" because it seldom occurs, lasts usually only a few minutes and accumulates a whopping 16th inch a year. Hope it dries out soon for you.

DaysLady: your grandma is quite the lady. Wishing her a joyous Happy Birthday with blessings.

Hi everybody. Sorry that I haven't been here. It has been a crazy couple of days.

I have to leave work in a few minutes to go to quite a ways to a small town to work at their school's kindergarten registration tonight.

Muzza - Both Rew and Tropical Breeze are doing fine. I post with both of them on Facebook. Rew now has her real estate license besides teaching art at a high school.

Late morning/early afternoon all.

Today I got to leave the house at 6 am and drive to the airport and then drive around the parking garage for terminal 3 until we found Hunny Bunny's car. How fun does that sound??? Yes, not at all. But we have the car back. The guy he lent it to sent the exact parking spot, but the parking garage was a challenge as you could only get to half of it. We could see the car but couldn't see how to get to it. Grrr. But we did eventually get the car and I headed to work and he headed home.

Muzz - thanks for the fun apology letter.

If anyone cares, here is the link to the pictures of the show that I took. Waiting to see what Hunny Bunny has.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TjIsQPlhySjsU3lM2

Manda - prayers for what you are now facing. I do wonder how this was handled when everyone lived close to family, watching someone fade away. Tragic.

I've had to answer those questions in the deposition for my dad. "Why didn't your kids some see their grandfather??" "Well, it was supposed to be a 4 week stay and you were to rehab him" I wanted to add the "not kill him" to the sentence, by my wise attorney reached over and touched my leg, which was the agreed upon warning that it was time for me to take a breath.

Have a fantastic Tuesday.

@Muzza.......well, Sparkster took a full time job, plus had 2 babies; the Writer still comes here to read, but is taking a break, (I think A.Guy does the same about posting a lot, lol), Tropical Breeze also took on a full time job, a few of our dear posters are angels now, probably laughing since they know what is going to happen on Days wayyy before us. :)

Rew teaches, so only gets to watch during summer, then began teaching summer school...so, think she is one of those who may not be watching any longer. Also see her on Face book on occasion.

Back