1-11-18 - Donuts and Weird Weather

Our temps are down to 34* now and the rain started about an hour ago. I received a call that all after school activities for tonight are cancelled, so that's not a promising sign of things to come.

Yikes, glad my mailbox doesn't freeze shut. Although there have been plenty of days where it's gotten filled with snow if something big was in the box and it wouldn't close. Of course I remove the mail, slide it off the screws on the porch wall, and dump out the snow.

Robin - I hope you're freed from your meeting soon.

The precipitation missed us completely. The sun came out this afternoon. Only the wind remains. We're in drought and are under a wind advisory. But it is supposed to calm down by tomorrow and the next few days look to be chilly but nice. Lows around 20* with highs in the 30s* and 40s*.

I saw something that said you could easily remove ice on car windows by spraying a mix of white vinegar and water (2 parts vinegar to 1 part water, I think) on it. I have no idea whether it works or not but if it does, I wonder if it would work on other things too, like mailboxes and door locks.

Manda, a ranch in the middle of a city is a fun concept. That might even have some appeal to my kids. I can't blame anyone for not wanting to be as far removed from conveniences as I am. You've got me wanting some Girl Scout cookies. If I've ever had any, I don't remember it. Everyone seems to love them.

Noel, no way to shovel the sun--now there's something different to think about! I've often day dreamed about having shaded covers over houses and all parking areas.

Shan, it's always such a disappointment to have a cold when a family event is happening. I'd like to think you'll get up feeling all better (and no longer contagious) tomorrow. Happy birthday to Ember!

Poirot, my pet peeve about meats is it's hard to find any with bones. I think things like steaks and roasts have more flavor and moisture with the bone in. I don't care much for boneless chicken either.

All of your nice comments will likely result in more cow stories. At least I'm hoping I can take a few days off now and then to help my niece with the feeding. At this time in my circumstances, it is my best happy place.

Lil0, the cost could be a deal breaker for me on the laser surgery too. I've read it requires out of pocket extra cost but the few estimates I've seen haven't been consistent and none are specific. Some say a few hundred dollars per eye. Your appointment is only days before mine. Mine is the 22nd.

Robin, ugh, I hope that crud gets out of your home in a hurry.

IamRed, I get what you are saying about the migraines. Also the curly hair. My daughter and two of my granddaughters have very, very curly hair. I like your avatar with the palm trees in the snow.

Well the meeting FINALLY ended. It started at 1pm Mountain time ended at 3:37pm Mountain time. For those on the east coast, that is 3- 5:37. It is every single freaking day we have this meeting. It is a "scrum" call which are supposed to be brief, short meetings. Over 2 hours of this meeting where the boss and the team lead trying to figure out a 3rd party software product. Today was just tortuous.

And I was told today that Mondays meeting will be at least 2 hours. So I'll make sure to have lunch at the desk. But the bathroom break will be a challenge, if one needs to have one.

I'd give anything to have to spend the day taking cubes out to the cows, at least for a week.

Back