10-31-2016 - Donuts & Boo!

Noel

Reaction score
Happy Halloween!

haphaltag2.png

Wishing each of you a safe and happy trick-or-treating day! Enjoy the adorable children dressed in costumes and if you are attending a costume party enjoy every moment.

Just received a call-in for a double shift starting at midnight. So this is posted a little early, but this is a surgical rotation so I have no idea if I will have to time to post later today.

Take care everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Day to all. I'll be home today cleaning and getting other things done since I'm gone
most mornings. Goldie and I already had our walk and I'm washing a sheet so I can
hang it
outside. I'll do candy until around 7. It's a school night and I have things to do in the evening
besides passing out candy.

JS, I'm surprised the police aren't trying to stop the mayhem before Halloween. I know
in big cities they have. Halloween used to be fun, now it's not.

Poirot, I'm glad you checked in. I hope you have a great visit.

Noel, I hope you have a nice evening after your busy day.

I hope everyone gets plenty of treats and no tricks :)

Surprise -- I have 5 minutes between surgeries to check in at Donut.

Poirot: so happy to know you are safe at your destination and took the time to let us all know. Hope your Halloween night visit with your friend is a great one.

JS: Yes, we had 'Devils Night' in Indiana and here. Most young children do not walk neighborhoods in my section of town, but attend family/church/community parties. The gangs - especially illegal MI-6 young members - rule the streets at Halloween. Great plan to protect your mother, pets and yourself to stay inside and watch a flick.

Kat: hope you have some cute little trick-or-treaters as they are the best prt of Halloween. Goldie will be glad you are home this morning too.

Don't eat too much candy everyone.

Good morning. So glad you made it okay, Poirot. Thanks for checking in to let us know.

It is too bad that old customs have been trampled by the trouble makers in so many areas. Aside from that, it is interesting to me that so many older teens and adults now participate in Halloween. Maybe they always did in some places but when I was growing up it was mostly a thing for younger kids. I just hope everyone stays safe, whatever is going on around you!

Our little group showed up later than expected on Saturday night, well after dark. That scared me because I do have a porch light but no light at the end of my walk, where people drive up and park. I tried to go out and meet them with my flashlight but those little ones and parents too came racing up all over the grass. I was holding my breath and praying there weren't any rattlesnakes out there. The weather was warm so that was a real possibility.

Noel, double shift, :eek:, I hope you can stay awake, after all your insomnia.

Good morning and Happy Halloween! We had the school's fall carnival and Hubby's work Halloween party so the girls have already had their trick or treating fun. We have new neighbors to our north with 4 kids, so I'm not sure if they're going to trick or treat in our neighborhood tonight or not. I have some candy for them just in case, otherwise we don't get any trick or treaters our way. This should a be a quieter week at school without any major activities, thank goodness.

Ava as a "pretty witch" and Annabelle as Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas
Halloween2016.jpg

Good morning. I haven't lived anywhere in most of my adult life where I had trick-or-treaters. I prefer as rural as I can get, lol. My highlight today will be the annual trick of putting on a scary mask just to tease Remmy and see her reaction. Maybe I won't get attacked, lol!

JS, I just watched Corpse Bride a few nights ago on Netflix. I'd never seen it before. It was fun!

Poirot, I'm glad you had a safe trip and were able to check in. Enjoy the time with your friend!

Take care and have a safe, though dark and scary night, for Halloween, lol. No moon out for the kids.

Happy Halloween,

Halloween is pretty quiet in my city. I guess it helps the the police and local National Guard Unit patrol the streets in Humvees. Not that there's a lot of issues anyway. There was some gang activity about 20 years ago when I was in school, but for the most part that's all gone away now. We don't pass out candy. We've tried most years, and we're lucky to get 1 or 2 kids. It's hard to see our light from down the block and not 1 of my neighbors hand out candy. So nobody bothers to come up the street. We take Gena out and wander towards her school. So many more houses have their lights on in that direction. This year I believe our grandkids are going to walk with us, which will make it a lot more fun for Gena.

Poirot - so glad you reached your destination safely.

Noel - good luck with the double shift.

JS - yikes, I don't blame you for not handing out candy, scary.

Kat - enjoy the kids in costume

Rocks - the girls look great

KT - enjoy your quiet night.

OC - glad your visitors didn't encounter any snakes.

Wayne - love the kilt!!

Have a great day everyone.

Happy Halloween.

Ahh, let's see, it's been a busy few days. The Harvest Festival was fun, if a little damp. It didn't rain, it sort of misted for a bit. The kids in costume were cute. Lots of Star Wars and animals in the lower grades, and witches and zombies in the older kids. Even an older, maybe 5th-6th grader, in a tux with tails and a top hat.

The teachers were all in costume too. You could play ring toss with pumpkins with large stalks. Toss the ring over the stalk. It was fun and they had lines for players ages. My grandsons went as vultures. At the Halloween party, Mom and Dad went as bird watchers. For the past 5 years they've done a family theme for the party.

small vultures.jpg

Saturday I picked up the daughter in law and we headed to the bonsai convention. We signed in, received our packets and headed to our class to make our tree jewelry. It was harder than I thought it would be. But I did a good job and will be happy with the final project. The man is taking the created items home, will silver them and then they will be returned via mail. We saw lots of nice trees and stones. I saw lots of members and friends and had a great time.

Sunday was a pleasant 12-1/2 hour drive through the heartland of the California valleys, Los Angeles, Palm Springs and finally getting to Arizona where traffic came to a complete stop for several minutes. Then a nice fun less than 5 mph crawl for miles, eventually getting home. I have today off to rest and recover.

Rocky - love the costumes. Annabelle rocks the Sally costume. And Ava is a very pretty witch.

Wayne -I can't believe they don't allow you to wear that daily. The kilt is great.

Devil' Night sounds like a horrible idea.

Happy Monday and may the Trick or Treaters be kind.

Good afternoon everyone. Just a quick drive by post since we now have to log out for lunch on an ipad that is at the receptionist's desk. Yep, we're all wasting 5 minutes lining up before and after lunch. Plus no way for some of us to do it when on the road. If you work, you already are or will be dealing with this (stupid) federal mandate. Is it bad for me to hope the 29 states that sued prevail, and the US Supreme Court throws this junk out?

No trick or treaters in my neighborhood so I brought candy to work for our side of the building.

Oh my goodness, the kids look too cute! Thank you to everyone who shared pictures.

Wayne, the big kid is looking good, too. You should wear your kilt on St. Patrick's Day.

My Irish clan tartan, that of Laird Shane ONeill, is midnight blue and forest green. My name last name actually comes from his castle that has been used for filming parts of Game of Thrones. (Never saw the show.)

I already have to keep 5 different time sheets with 13 categories on each of the 3 for my 3 contract counties, 2 time sheets with 7 categories for billing for 3 other counties that I supervise, plus one new time sheet that is broken down in very strange ways for the new federal mandate.

I'm supposed to log in and out on the ipad up front every time I change what I'm working on or make / receive phone calls pertaining to different counties. I already told my boss that is a waste of my time. It takes longer to get to that part of the building than it takes for most phone calls. These are just the problems when I'm working in the office all day. The problems with it are worse when I'm on the road.

Remmy wasn't very impressed with my scary Halloween mask today. I think she must be mellowing out, lol. Sparky, on the other hand, doesn't even like it when I change my hairstyle, so he bowed up at me, lol. He did let me pet him, though. I guess the mask isn't as bad as as the eyeglasses, visor, hair, etc., lol.

Good afternoon all,

Sunny but cool today--we had a big thunderstorm last night that brought an end to our unseasonably warm weather. I only had Spanish today, and finished up the midterm as well as taking the quiz I missed. Our teacher let us out early for Halloween. I don't think we're handing candy out though.

In 2014 we had just a handful of trick of treaters, and none last year. Probably because we live on a busy street in a neighborhood of mostly older people. My parents just drive the kids to another neighborhood and take them there.

Neat kilt, Wayne.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Back