11-16-2016 - Donuts & Stardust

Noel

Reaction score
Good Early Morning!

There is a soft twinkling glow outside my window this pre-dawn that makes me think of stardust gently falling to the ground. It is almost magical, and very unique in this part of the country. It reminds me of the first gentle snowflakes that begin to fall before a snowstorm. Ahhhhhhh.

My schedule is extra busy today with work, errands, evening baseball school games, and preparations for Thanksgiving next week. I knew there was a reason they called it 'hump' day. It's more like running hurdles than waltzing through a day.

Wishing each of you a lovely day with the type of weather you prefer. Take care. Be kind to someone else and make their day lighter too.

Well, I have the peachy/orange glow in the east over the trees, which I am sure means the sun is rising at last. However, last evening I was astounded, as the clouds moved out (light rain on and off all day), and we got blue skies just before sunset. Well, suddenly, after it was dark, I saw this super bright light, the moon, even had this weird glow around it. LOL, as I thought maybe it was my foggy window, but no, that reflection was in the water as well. The sky was sooooo bright, but it really was almost like fog or mist across the sky, only it wasn't. My son said hubby brought the telescope back from wherever he had it, but I have no idea where he put it.

Anyway, I am thinking that perhaps that kind of sky is what Noel was seeing pre-dawn. The moon was sure very very bright.

They are still predicting snow for Friday night/Sat. a.m. So guess I got my snowtires on at the right time. Hope sweetie got a good night's sleep, I sure do hate waking up so early (5 a.m. today) and being unable to get back to sleep, makes for too long of a day, and getting sleepy at times.
Have a good one, hope OC is taking it easy ...or perhaps easier than usual.

Good Morning,

I'm trying to picture what you both saw in my head as it sounds beautiful. That's what I'm imagining too. :)

Very cool and foggy this morning. We have snow in the forecast for the weekend also. Gena is excited. She's so antsy to get snow, as it seems usually only kids are. It's hard to believe that our city's Christmas parade is next week and the weather is still so warm.

Last year I think it was -10* for the parade. This year they are predicting much warmer, which is good and bad. Better for sitting on the curb, but it will also mean lots more people to have to share the curb with. Which is both good and bad, I suppose. I kind of like being able to get there an half hour before and still get a good seat, but I have a feeling that won't be the case this year.

OC - I hope you've been able to rest a bit more than normal to let your foot heal.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Poirot: amazing description of your night sky and moon. Sure hope KT and Kat saw it too in their area. It keeps you spellbound for a while.

Manda: count me in with Gena when it comes to snow. If it warms too much that would bring people in from surrounding areas. The joy of children at Christmas time makes everything brighter.

OC: hoping your ankle/foot is less painful, swelling is slightly better, and you were able to sleep well last night.

Morning all.

Feeling better today. Turned to exercise instead of pasta. While currently I believe pasta is better, I need to change that switch in my head it will take time but it will happen.

Poirot, the moon on your lake sounds beautiful. I've never spent anytime near a large body of water, so the thought of a moon picture on the smooth water is amazing.

Noel, good luck with all of your chores.

Manda, I'm with you on Christmas already???? Where did the year go???

Off to another fun filled day of work.

Good morning. I blinked a time or two and my little rain shower was gone. I checked the weather news this morning and saw we got a whopping 0.03 in. At least is was measurable by someone who obviously had some sensitive equipment, lol.

I ran to the convenience store around 7:30 this morning, so I got to see the moon. It still looked big. I couldn't see it from my house, because of trees. Poirot, I love seeing the moon halos. What a beautiful sight you had over the water! I would absolutely have to buy a better camera if I had your view!

Noel, I'm no sports fan, but didn't realize baseball season was still in. Locally, it's all about football playoffs and basketball.

Robin said: "Turned to exercise instead of pasta. While currently I believe pasta is better" :rotfl::rotfl:

Take care folks!

KT your rainfall amount almost equals ours this year. Happy you got to see the moon from a better vantage point this morning. And schools here have baseball til holiday recess in two weeks. It is a warm weather sport and this climate certainly meets that goal all year long. Have a good one.

Good morning. Thanks for all the good wishes about my foot. It doesn't look any better but it does feel better. I was able to sleep last night with only mild discomfort, and today I can actually walk (hobble) without a walker, for a short distance in a room. Yea, it's great to feel some progress! Now I have to make myself stay off it as much as I can because it does start hurting after a bit.

I love hearing about your beautiful skies, whether it is nighttime or sunrise or whatever. I've always wondered if stardust was a real thing, and if so, what is it like. Anyway, now I have the song in my mind. So many different weather and nature things going on with all of you. I guess it's that time of year.

Gena anticipating the first snow.

Kat needing rain badly.

Kt, you need it too. That 0.03" is so familiar to me. We often get rain in similar amounts. Yes, we have an electronic rain gauge.

Noel, with your perpetual hot and dry weather, having baseball games, when most of the country has moved on to other sports.

Poirot, you gotta find that telescope. (Long ago, my dad used to call it a "spy glass.") I use my binoculars all the time to look at the moon and stars.

Sweetie, I hope you are feeling better today.

Robin, I wish you could forget about pasta the way I do. It isn't very appealing to me. I think if it disappeared, it would be a long time before I'd even miss it or realize it. But I feel for you because there are other things I have trouble resisting.

I'm trying to decide whether to try to go to the mailbox. I need to mail a birthday card to my grandson. But I'd have to walk down the steps and all the way across the yard and and behind the shop to a shed, then get in the car and drive 1/4 a mile. I'd have to use the walker and it would be awkward but I'll probably do it.

Aww, Kt, rainbow splashed Remmy looks so pretty and sweet!

I would advise against it, OC. Call and explain you have the card all addressed, etc. but it will be late, and why. Really, girl, you will be doing yourself no good whatsoever by trying to do this. Maybe when your niece comes by, she can get it to the mail box. etc. Too bad your mail person can't come in. Ours does when there is a pkg. but when she saw that I was using a walker, and had the cast on, she came in every single day with the mail. If you called your post office do you think that might help?

KT: Remmy looks so alert and pretty in rainbow light. And really, who couldn't love that face?!

OC: so very relieved to know you had a good night of restful healing! Tender care will expedite healing. Spirit's counsel is wise and worthy of trust. Your grandson would want you to heal and not risk further injury. Just put YOU first for a few days.

Well after days of the weather people predicting snow we finally got this morning. It's almost like they will it to come. It was a real wet heavy snow but is gone off the streets but the mountains around us are covered. And that's where it can stay as far as I am concerned. I do admit it was pretty coming down. Kind of makes the holidays coming more festive.

OC - I'm glad your foot is some better but I would stay off of it as much as possible if I you were (easier said then done, I know)

Noel & Poirot - your view of the moon sounds beautiful. Ours was like that yesterday morning when I went out at 5:00 am. The evening before, when it was coming up, it lit the entire sky. It was like a harvest moon in the winter.

Manda - I love Christmas parades. We don't have one here. But in Seaside, or where we used to go all the time, they did and I miss it so much.

Robinsnest - I don't like pasta at all! I think it's a texture thing. However, I know what you mean about giving it up for exercise.

Have a great day.

So, that is where our predicted snow is coming from, Shan. LOL. Well, not happy myself, but Sat. is opening of gun/deer season, and they all will be very happy, although probably not too fond of the predicted gusty winds that are supposed to come along as well. :)

OC, I hope you are heeding advice and staying off your foot. I use binoculars to view the night sky, too. My telescope is difficult to set up and it takes too long to align (it runs on batteries). I'd miss the view, lol. If I had a place inside where I could leave it set up, I could do that.

I should have gotten back here and read all of your warnings before I went to the mailbox. I also have been in the kitchen a good bit today--and still have a mess that needs to be cleaned up. So my foot swelled more than ever and has hurt a good bit. I have it elevated. Need to put ice on it again. But guess what? That means getting up and going to the kitchen. I don't know how to not be jumping up for one thing or another.

Poirot, that's a good idea, to call the post office. I may even have our mailman's cell phone number somewhere. He is super good about being helpful. He took my sister's mail to her door for probably the last two years of her life, after she was shut in.

Shan, I thought I saw this morning that the worst storm of the season was coming into the northwest today and would be moving across the country. Sounds like that's what you had, and Poirot will get. We're supposed to get cooler days and into the 30s* at night soon. We're running at mid-80s* for highs right now.

Well, just now, the FedX guy came. He comes to the back door because it has easier access, so I had to walk to the back door. Aahhhhh!!!! Oh well, I stopped in the kitchen on the way back and got my ice.

Kt, I've always wanted a telescope. I had never thought of putting one inside, but with my big fixed-glass windows, I bet it would work. If I didn't have so many other things on my mind right now, I would give it some thought. But then I'd really need you here to set it up for me and to tell me what to look for. :rotfl:

Back