11-16-2016 - Donuts & Stardust

And, hey, OC....for a temp ice pack, grab a frozen pkg. of something from the freezer, (I think pkg. meat works better than something frozen in a box), anyway, wrap in a small towel, washcloth, etc. and use that for an hour or so. It does have to return to the freezer, but, works

You left the board so soon after posting this a.m. I had a hunch you decided to brave it, and am truly sorry you are now paying for it. Follow Noel's advice, and definitely keep it up on pillows in bed. God Bless, girl.

Another pretty day here. It got close to 80s this afternoon. Days like today, I have
to be outside. I planted the last of the good pansies. Maybe a few will live through
the winter. Then I planted some iris. That was easy. Move the new mulch in the
side bed. Make a small hole and you're done. The ground is very soft compared
to what it was before I mulched it.

I never saw the moon in orange. I'm getting emails now from EarthSky news.
Tomorrow AM a possibility for a meteor shower. I have two notes for
reminders
to go out and look when I get up.

Noel, interesting to learn baseball still going on where you live. It makes sense
since you live in a warm state. I think the big baseball
teams practice in your area
during the winter season or is that Florida

OC, I hope your ankle doesn't feel too bad after walking so far. I hope the
your mail person will come to the door for you.

robin, I'm glad you figured something else besides eating pasta. Good luck
on your diet.

kt, how far is the convenience store since you ran to it :) Thanks for the
picture with Remmy.

I hope everyone enjoys their evening.

Last edited:
Noel, I wish I did have ice packs but I don't.

Poirot, I had to smile at your suggestion of the package of frozen food. Our Lovo used to tell that she always kept a package of frozen black-eyed peas in the freezer. She didn't like them and would never eat them but they were great to use in place of ice packs. Each time I've reached for my bag of ice, I have thought of her and her black-eyed peas. Now I think I will use some other vegetable that I have in there. Most of my meat is beef and it's too expensive to use that way! :rotfl:

Kat, I can't believe how hard you work. It sure pays off in your beautiful yard though.

OC the next time a home health nurse is ordered for care please ask her for a large wrap you can store in the freezer. Then you have one to ice arthritic knees, elbows or swelling limbs. Feel better my friend and rest well tonight.

Kat: just love reading/seeing all the beautiful flowers you plant in your beautiful garden. And the EarthSky alert that I might have forgotten about tonight. Hope you catch the meteor shower. :)

Good evening all,

Was sunny earlier but started raining this evening--cool too. I took my Spanish test this morning and presented my project in my other class. I still have a lot of work coming up in the next few weeks, but I'm feeling much better now rather than overwhelmed. It's hard to believe that December is almost here though!

I also made an OKCupid account. Time to get into the dating pool, hopefully with success this time.

Have a nice night, everyone.

I just have to share this. Today, my daughter was lunching in a restaurant, & saw 3 policemen, who were working on writing up reports while they ate. Spending their lunch break working. When she left, & paid her bill, she paid for theirs..& they did not know until they went to pay. She said she just wanted to do something kind for them. This was the Houston, Texas P.D.

Days: so happy one exam and project are completed and you're feeling less pressure. It good you are ready to date again and are feeling positive about the possibilities. You are a great catch.

Poirot: oh, I just love your daughter's heartfelt generosity towards those 3 Houston PD officers. I am sure that blessing made their day and hopefully the joy of giving brightened her day too. Bravo! You must be so proud of your daughter Poirot.

Last edited:
Kt, I've always wanted a telescope.

My telescope is almost 20 years old. I'm guessing a new one would be a lot easier to use. This one will let you zoom in on things (if it is properly set up) and give a brief description of what you are seeing or go to what you want to see by using a handheld control. Setting it up level, aligning it, etc. is the pain and takes a lot of time. I just can't do that every day, lol. I bet you could get one to work without much trouble now, with our fancy electronics, lol.

kt, how far is the convenience store since you ran to it :)

Is running to the store just a southern phrase? :rotfl:

Back