11-21-2016 - Donuts & Mulled Cider

Work today was ok...some rude customers but a lot of nice ones too (including a few I know). There were some issues though: we ran out of paper bags, and had to give away the cloth kind that we normally sell, so we lost a lot of potential money. Two of our cash registers are also broken and in desperate need of repair, and today was super crowded, so there were long lines and it was pretty busy.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow evening, by which time I can be relaxing and sleeping, as I have no school on Wednesday. But over the rest of the break I have two long papers to write as well, and have to do applications for grad school. I'm ready for January lol.

DaysD, does your store have plastic bags? Interesting you had to use the cloth bags
since you ran out of paper. The people in the US need to think and use cloth bags
more than the nasty plastic ones. Hopefully, everyone recycles the plastic
ones :)

Good to hear. I know some states and stores don't do plastic bags now.
I wish Walmart and the big stores would stop.

Last edited:
robin, that strange. It's sad to see so many plastic bags blowing around
because people don't know how to dispose of them properly.

I use cloth bags when I go to Walmart. I've had mine for probably 20
years now. I have other bags kept in my car, but at times I forget to
take them out.

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...-legislature-approves-ban-on-plastic-bag.html

State lawmakers passed two bills Monday restricting Arizona cities from banning plastic grocery bags.

Like I said wacky state. Tempe banned the use of plastic bags. Not sure what happened.

Sort of like the law on guns they passed. Cities can collect them if they'd like, to get them off the streets. But they have to sell the collected weapons. They can't melt them down. They have to resell the guns. So turn in your gun and get a free pizza or whatever and then after the city checks your weapon out they put it up for sale?? Because getting it off the street wasn't really why they were collecting them??

JS, I too reuse the bags for liners and Mr. Gus duty. But generally every 3 months we haul a HUGE bag of bags back to the store to recycle.

#1...My WalMart still sells those bulbs, too
#2 - Hughes Network is available via Direct TV....I would think the only problem would be if you lost your Sattelite signal (I do in storms)
#3 - Your electric company might have some sort of internet offering (mine does)
#4 - I know someone who has Hughes, has never mentioned a problem, and right now cannot remember who it is. LOL

The electric company provides internet? I'm pretty sure it doesn't here. The phone company does. Almost everybody around in every direction and in the surrounding towns uses it here. They have the high speed cables. But you have to be within a certain distance of one of their stations. They came out and tried it at our place and said it was too far. We are only about a mile from the last people in our direction who have it. I think there is only one other person in our community who doesn't get it, and they are on the opposite side of the community. Well, two people, now that my niece lives here. She is farther away from the station than we are.

I know Dish tv, which we have, advertises satellite internet all the time. Probably the same as Direct. I will do some reading about it.

Back