11-25-2020 - Donuts and Thanksgiving Prep Breakfast

LOL, Nanahl, and I just answered it in that other thread. meanwhile, I also did prep stuff for Thanksgiving Day, tho just my youngest son & I will be dining together. Turkey defrosting since Sunday, but doesn't seem all that defrosted yet. Never had to do the "turkey prep" as hubby always did, so something new for me. He is failing, & he knows it.

I truly hope you all have a lovely day. Understand Macy's will still be having their parade, something I always would watch, at least part of it. My family is spread out all over the U.S. now, so....impossible to have family get together any more. Makes one appreciate the times when we could.
God Bless you all, and thank you so much for all the much needed prayers.

IamRed, helicoptor hunting is legal and most of the people around me allow it. I see your point about the deer. I know how obsessed hunters can get with wanting the biggest buck or the most points. The purpose of allowing hunting should be to keep deer populations under control.

Manda, helicopter hunting doesn't seem very safe to me either. My biggest concern is for my cows.

Poirot, I don't recall hearing you tell of that Thanksgiving before. It's the kind of thing that should be in a book of meaningful Thanksgiving stories. I'm glad your son will be there to share the turkey with you tomorrow. I agree about remembering the good memories of the past and appreciating.

Nana, whew! You must feel overwhelmed to have so many people with serious health issues looking to you for support, even if they aren't nearby physically. I hope your visitors tomorrow will make things as easy as possible for you. Be safe and well, and enjoy your family.

Well, having company for the Beast so far has turned out to be a disaster. She is terrified of him and he is scared of her. He simply barks at her. She tried playing a running game and he ran so fast while yelping in panic that when he jumped into my arms it was with great force I almost fell down....
I'm sure that by Saturday they will be friends... it's just getting there that is difficult.

If you get a chance tonight I watched PBS' Nova Rebuilding Notre Dame, it was really good. I had no idea that was tonight's topic and I thought if I watch one more hour of talking head news, I'll need to be carted off.

On to Thanksgiving... it's just hours away.

robin, sorry the dog visit isn't going well. Thanks for the info about Nova. I need
to look for that since I have PBS passport. On Nature they had an episode

about the Australian fires. That was awful to watch

Back