11/3/16 - Donuts & The Cubs did it!

Amanda, as the others have said, we're here for you.

You are not a quitter! You are a brave woman and wonderful mother for doing what you must for Gena and yourself. Living with her dad is not healthy for her, or you for that matter. It has to be taking an emotional as well as a physical toll on both of you.

Sending love and squirrelly hugs.

Manda, it takes a lot of strength to make that decision. This is not failure on your part, but his. You need to take care of yourself first or you won't be as much good to Gena or anyone else. My heart goes out to you and I pray for your continued strength to get through this difficult time. You can't change someone else, but have the power to change how you deal with him. Love and hugs!

Manda - you are NOT a quitter! You would be a quitter if you stayed. I'm actually very proud of you as most of the women I have worked with through the years stay because they are afraid of being alone! Your love for Gena shines through everything you two do together. We are here for you always!

Congrats Poirot on Cubbies winning. I actually was flipping between Survivor, The Country Awards and the game - LOL! And I'm not much of a TV person.

Noel - after your talking about the Hallmark movies I started watching that last night too! I really enjoy what I saw and can say I probably will be tuning in most evenings.

It's a gorgeous day here today - sunny and almost 60!!

Have a good day

I saw a few more shooting stars last night. This may be part of the ongoing Taurid meteor shower. It's not particularly prolific (5-7 meteors per hour), but well known for producing fireballs in the show. I haven't seen an especially bright meteor yet, but one can hope.

Eh, that airplane instead of shooting star thing happens to me all the time. Disappointing.

Kt, I've been reading about the upcoming full moon. Supposed to be closer to the earth and seem bigger, first time since, what, 1948? Hope we'll all have clear skies and a reminder when it gets time for it.

Good afternoon y'all,

Low 70sF today, and it rained earlier so it's still cloudy. We're going to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner, because it's my brother's 17th birthday. Hard to believe, as I still remember when he was brought home as a baby. Had a long day at work with not much to do, as not many customers arrived in the store until the last hour of my shift.

I do have some Spanish homework to do--we have to write paragraphs about our favorite (and least favorite) parties--given that my freshman year was in New Orleans, that's easy for me to do, lol.

Poirot and Red, glad y'all enjoyed/are enjoying your getaways.

Manda, I'm so sorry to hear about everything going on in your family. I have a few alcoholics in my extended family--I know it can be rough. But you're no quitter---you're a survivor, and you're doing the right thing for your sanity and Gena. Know that we are all here for you anytime and care about you. :hug:

Have a nice evening, folks.

Back