11-30-16 - Donuts and Goodbye November

Hi all, grey & dismal out there again. 34. They were predicting rain, or rain mixed with snow, but yesterday I vaguely heard something about all snow. Will have to listen close today, radio not on yet.

Watched Rudolph last night, had not seen it in several years, though for some reason I thought I had. LOL. Then came This Is Us. Gosh, that show is just soooo good.

I'm thinking about taking the pickup truck to town today to get it inspected, since it runs out today. In Texas we now have to get the inspection and license renewal at the same time--meaning I can't get the license renewal until I get it inspected. I have caught a cold and don't want to go out but I need a couple of prescriptions also. This town is only 25 miles (instead of the 40 I go to Wal-Mart). The license renewal is in yet another town, the opposite direction, but I will wait until another day to get it. I can go there in the car for it, so it won't matter if the sticker is expired on the truck. But then I may chicken out and stay home today altogether! Should I stay or should I go? :) Does that get a tune going in anybody's head?

Poirot, I remember when Rudolph was still pretty new, and very popular. I was in love with him! I got a stuffed toy Rudolph with a nose that was battery operated to light up. That was sort of a big deal for a toy back in those days. My sister got a little Rudolph record player, with the record by Gene Autry, and we also got a metal "piggy" bank, only it was a Rudolph, lying down, and he too had a nose that lit up whenever a coin was deposited. Such fun toys and good memories.

I never heard of "This Is Us."

Some of you were talking about the movie, Funny Farm. I have never seen it. If you ever hear of it coming on Dish TV, would you please let me know? I'd like to watch it. I don't do NetFlix or watch anything online, etc. Not really interested in doing any of that. I rarely watch movies anyway.

Another cold morning here. It will colder tomorrow morning and I'll be walking earlier
than I did today. Long story.

Fall finale usually means it will be on again after the holidays. Usually January.

I hope everyone in the stormy weather will be ok today. Tornadoes hit last night.

OC, good luck on your decision about going or staying at home.

I've got to dash and get ready to go to school.

I hope everyone will have the best day possible.

Last edited:
I think This Is Us will be returning in Spring. A lot of shows are now doing "split seasons" because of all the specials for holidays, sports games, that pre-empt regular programming. Probably in April.

OC...it is on Tuesdays at 8 p.m. ....but a show that goes back and forth in time. This couple has triplets, one dies at birth, same time a fireman brings a newborn abandoned baby to the hospital. The couple take that baby as their 3rd triplet home, raise the kids together, and there is never any difference between any of the children, (two are white, one black). Story goes from the triplets grown as adults, back and forth to being little kids. The one boy is an actor, the girl very overweight with problems because of it, and the 3rd one very successful, aced college, MBA, is married, children, & decides to find his bio father, which he does, and invites into his home. Each actor is just wonderful, the family dynamics are fabulous. But....that is just my take.

SNOWING here, did the laundry yesterday, have just one more "towels" load to do. And yes, decluttering, which is taking forever, mostly as the more I get rid of, it just seems to reappear. LOL Have a good day, my friends.

Morning Everyone,

Getting here late, as Gena had her concert at school today. The children sang a little bit of everything, fall songs, patriotic songs, Christmas songs, folk music. It was very nice and she was super excited that my mom was able to attend too.

Super nervous about my exam today. I didn't get as much studying done as I would have liked. Tried to "cram" a little this morning between dropping Gena off at school and the start of the concert.

OC - good luck with your decision. If you decide to go, safe travels.

Poirot - I recorded Rudolph. Gena was watching it again this morning. :) Good luck with the decluttering.

kat - good luck at school

Prayers for everyone in Tennessee and Alabama this morning

Good afternoon all,

It's in the 60sF today, but a bit breezy and raining. Of course I got caught in the downpour when I was walking to Spanish class--I got pretty wet and am still drying off. Didn't bring an umbrella because they said it wouldn't rain until much later, and not even that much.

I slept for two hours last night, and am finishing up the rest of this paper now during my break in between classes. Luckily, after this is done, I only have one more shorter paper for senior seminar and then can just devote all of my attention to upcoming Spanish quizzes and the final.

I think I'm going to quit my job in April. Retail is just not for me, but I also want to have time for get some kind of job or internship in the field that I'm majoring in. I've decided April because that'll allow me to say on my resume that I've been there for over a year, and it will also give me time to save up. I'm glad to have gotten the experience and probably will keep stopping in and all, but I think it's time to start thinking about moving on in the direction I want to move in.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Hi everyone!

Good luck with your exam manda!

Daysd, if you can get out of retail now do it before you get sucked into and end up being a manager with no hope of escape.

Hope you feel better soon OC.

Off to work in a few minutes. Tomorrow we start accepting Tricare again. My store will be the most impacted by it in the district and 12th in the entire company. We did almost 700 prescriptions Monday. 500-600 is normal so we'll have a slight increase over that. Should be fun.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Good morning,

Our temperatures are lovely today. My friend from Mynamar will be here late Sunday so I am hustling to finish decorating the house/start the tree before arrival time. My to-do list is constantly being revised, but I am one determined Christmas Elf.

OC: it is good to see you first this morning.:) And into a merge-free lane. Thinking of you and hoping your foot continues to heal with less pain daily. In Arizona you must also have the inspection to renew but we have 30 days to comply. Please stay off that foot as much as possible. A late fee is better than a broken foot.

JS; hoping your middle of the week is proving to be a very good one.:) I love all the old classic Christmas specials, including the newer one, Prep and Landing. They are part of my childhood Christmas memories. I watched Rudolph last night too,

Poirot: I stopped decorating last night to watch Rudolph too. Who can miss Burl Ives singing "Silver and Gold" or "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer"? :) I have not seen This Is Us so guess I will try again in the Spring. Thanks for the recommendation on a good show.

Kat: so glad you were safe from the tornadoes in your area. Maybe when you & Goldie take your early morning chilly walks you can see stargaze at the same time? It is clearer here early morning so I am hoping that
is your situation also. As you give your time to school, I hope you have an extra good day.:)

Manda: You will ace the test, I predict, because you know more than you think do about this subject. A professor of mine always gave that antidote to test anxiety and it always relaxed my tensions. Looking forward to hearing your test results. And Gena will be so proud of her smart Momma! :)

Note: my cell phone limits length of postings so I must start a new thread or this one will be deleted. I apologize to our speedy moderators who now have 1 more job to do. I appreciate you!:clap:

Days: continuing positive thoughts on your papers and exams. You always report such excellent scores so I have no doubt you will excel this semester too.:) A wise choice to wait until the one-year mark to quit your job. It definitely shows commitment to work after that time period. I worked retail during college and it was more than enough for me. Finding where we do not fit is almost as important as knowing where our passion lies.

Red: hope your TriCare workdays are only as much 'fun' as to keep you smiling. Love your wit.:) Sure hope your work schedule today is light and easy. That sounds like a lot of prescriptions to me.

Oh, and would someone get those gremlins out of the hospital nursery?!:wink:

Ahhhh, I passed. Not sure of the score, but I don't really care, as long as it's a pass. I believe I can check the actual grade tomorrow. I know we have to get 70% to pass, so it's at least there. Had some really tough questions on this exam, on material I don't remember reading in the book. I just tried to logic my way through the questions that I was unsure about.

I'll never know which ones I got right or wrong as we don't get to see the actual test again. Although, they'll break it down by chapter on the grade report so I'll be able to see which chapters I know better and which I should brush up on (if I so choose.)

Has anyone heard for KT? I've been worried about her knowing that tornadoes hit Alabama last night.

Red - good luck at work with the influx of more business.

DaysD - sorry you got drenched. Good choice to stay for a year at 1 job. It looks better on the resume for sure. Best of luck trying to figure out what direction to go next.

Snow & rain here but I'm not complaining since I talked most the night to my best friend in Decatur, AL. Wow what a storm they had. Here in the pacific norhwest we do not have heavy rains and tornadoes or the bugs. I will stay right here and make it through the cold and dark. It only lasts a few months!

We went with our daughter and family to the North Pole last night and had a great time. It's a cruise boat on Lake Coeur d'Alene that takes you across the lake with over a million lights along the way. When you get to the other side (North Pole), Santa is sitting there and reads every child name off the good list.

Rick and Hector took Ember up on top of the boat and Ember was in awe. When they came down, she wanted me to go outside in the front of the boat. When we got outside, she said "Nana I was on the good list and so was Harlow". Her little face was just lit up and I thought oh, to be young again.

OC - if you go into town take it easy. We don't have to have our cars inspected.

Kat - I'm glad your weather is still nice enough to take your morning walks.

Manda - Big good luck on your exam.

Noel - good luck with your to-do list. I have all the faith in the world in your - you're a good elf.

Days - good luck with getting all your essay done and easing into the last few weeks of the quarter!

Stay warm everyone.

Congrats, Manda! We knew you could do it! Very proud. It's not easy to study, work full time, raise a child and be a Girl Scout leader! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Amanda! Logically dissecting a question usually works well on exams. Just so proud of you. Your girl scout group has a great model of leadership in you. :clap:

Shan: the North Pole cruise sounds like great fun. What child wouldn't rejoice to hear Santa read their name on his good list?! You also created new family memories to last into Christmas future.

Good afternoon. It rained(?) a couple times earlier, for about a nanosecond, but it's coming down now. Yippee! We are under a severe thunderstorm warning until 2:30pm and tornado watch until 5:00pm. The rain is cooling things off quickly (it was 74* when I got up early this morning), but it smells so refreshing! I'll take the colder temperatures that will come.

Manda, I knew you'd pass! Congratulations!

OC, what did Simon say to do today? LOL

Shan, your trip sounds like lots of fun and beautiful! No vehicle inspections here, either, fortunately.

Take care everyone.

Congratulations, Manda! I'm glad the test is over, so I can imagine how relieved you must be. Do you ever get to quit taking tests?

I'm glad you'll soon be getting a break from your tests and papers, Degrassi.

I decided to compromise. Just didn't feel like wrestling the truck or going through the inspection, so I went to town in the car and got my prescriptions, went to the post office (drove through and dropped--the memory of walking out of there and falling two and a half weeks ago was too fresh in my mind to go inside), and the bank drive-through. The small town drug store doesn't have drive through pickup or I would have done that too. Then I got us flatbread Philly cheese steak sandwiches from Subway and came home. That's the only thing I'll eat from Subway, but my choices in this small town are very limited so I do that once in a while.

Back