12-13-2016 - Donuts & Eggnog

Thanks for all your well wishes.

KT: my diabetes aside, I always bake at Christmas for family-friends-neighbors and church. I make all goodies as low sugar, low fat as possible. It is partly a tribute to all the wonderful women in my family who taught me to cook, bake and make candy. I can say "no" to eating treats I love to share them with loved ones. I love Christmas!

Robin - glad you're home, but I bet Disney World was fabulous! Was it decorated for Christmas?

yes... as JS said the 4 parks I visited were all decked out in Holiday Cheer....
Sm tree Magic Kingdom.jpg

Main Street at Disney World with the Walt Disney Train Station to the left, Emporium to the right and the tree centered. It was cold, as in the 40's that night. And I made the tie dye shirts. We all had shirts.

I like it too, but just the plain way. I tried it with rum before, and because I'm not a big fan of liquor, I didn't care for it.

I'll pass on the eggnog then. I think the smallest in store is 1/2 gallon.

manda, has Gena read any Magic Tree House books? Those books look
interesting too.

kat - I haven't seen any Magic Tree House books come home yet. Every week she brings home at least 1 if not 2 Mo Willems Piggie and Gerald books, and if she only has one the 2nd book is about puppies, kitties, princesses, or ponies.

As for egg nog, I've seen pint size bottles of egg nog at Walmart too.

I haven't seen pints of eggnog here. I buy the quart size. It's funny how most people here talk about adding rum to it. I've always seen people add whiskey.

Kat, eggnog tastes like a rich milkshake to me, though not frozen.

Back