12-2-2016 - Donuts and Toys

Interesting about the electronic gadget problems discussed here today. I didn't leave my mother's house until just before dark, lol. I was trying to let her do things herself and training her to use a touch screen, but she kept hitting spots on the screen over and over again if it didn't respond instantly, lol. The touch pad was way too sensitive for her as well, but I couldn't find a program to adjust it. I'll probably have to go to the Dell website and see if I can download that, but some other day, lol.

I did find out one interesting bit of information. My mother's old computer was running so slow (even when I brought it to my house to work on it) and today her new computer and my laptop both lagged out. She called the phone company, couldn't understand what the technician wanted her to do, so I got on the phone. Turns out their modem is a dinosaur and they will send her a new one. All in all, a teeth grinding day trying to get Mama to stop touching things without permission, lol.

Poirot, can you access online or phone help from Amazon? It may not be your modem. Couldn't hurt to try.

KT: good thing you were there to help your mother to interpret the phone companies representative. My brother helped me years ago understand why I needed a new modem when I cancelled my landline. Your mother will most likely adjust her touch to the screen. Good tip for Poirot too. Sweet dreams. :confused::)

Squirrel: good info on the Kindle for Poirot or anyone.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good evening everyone,

Sunny but chilly day today. I just had Spanish class today and no work, but I think both tomorrow and Sunday I have 7 hour-shifts. I have just a bit of homework to do over the weekend with my free time. Really looking forward to ending the semester.

OC--:sick::sick: to the rats. We had that problem a few years ago with mice, when I was still in San Diego. We had someone come take care of it.

Have a nice night, all.

Days: Happy you have less homework this close to holiday break. Besides work sure hope you have time for some fun too. Sleep well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Noel and Degrassi, one of the advantages of living in cities is that there are services available for almost any situation imaginable. My mouth dropped open at the thought of being able to call someone to clean up a rat's nest. If only..... Several years ago we had an owl get stuck down inside our chimney. I called everybody I could think of in three counties for help. Eventually, our county sheriff showed up but we had already gotten the owl out by then.

OC: when we lived in the Indiana farm lands we still had vets who would come on call to rescue animals and/or exterminate vile ones. So sorry you could not find anyone to help you with the owl. And now the rats, time for rat poisoning around the grounds?

Back