12/21/2020 - Donuts and Frost

Old Cowgirl

Reaction score
Good morning. I'm happy for a new week. It's 27* here but it will get to 70* with sunshine and not much wind. Just about perfect weather for me. My plans are to go to two towns for errands and groceries. It's been well over a week since I've been to the grocery store and it seems better to get what I need to see me through until next week now, rather than in a couple of days from now.

I hope the day and all of this week will be good for everyone!

Good morning, OC, and everyone yet to check in.

I ended up having a cleaning day yesterday. Then I sat to read an entire book in one go while Netflix was on in the background. It felt good to take a break from the news and talking heads.

Must make a store run today for more baking powder. The only other plan is baking Italian butter cookies. The only difference from the German ones is the amount of sugar and vanilla.

OC, good luck with your shopping. Definitely smart to go today instead of later in the week.

Happy Winter Solstice.

Can someone let us know when we can watch the Jupiter and Saturn conjunction tonight?
I think it can be seen by the moon.

It's a sunny morning here. It will be close to 60.

This morning, I'm going to Crystal Bridges to see the Ansel Adams exhibit. I found out seniors
can go in an hour early on Mondays. I would have gone sooner if I knew that. The exhibit
leaves Jan 3.

Wishing everyone a sparkly day.

Good morning,

Last few days before Christmas and a short work week. Hope you're all ready and feeling good. Just in time for Christmas, we are expecting 20 - 30 cm of snow in and around Calgary tonight and into tomorrow so that'll be perfect for snowshoeing on Cristmas day. It is not supposed to be cold this week at all even with the snow. Our daytime high for Christmas Day is looking to be around 4*C (39.2*F) with full usn so should be a nice day.

Have a good rest of the week and stay safe and healthy.

Good morning, snowed during the night, not too much, just lightly, but the pines are all flocked again. Temp is just above freezing, which is better, I think, than my fridge, as it does not seem to be cooling as it should. Just what I need now, either repair or replace a big fridge just before Christmas. And try and find repairman?? I put an indoor/outdoor thermometer (all I have) inside the fridge to try and check the temp. Just the OJ did not feel cold this a.m.

Muzza, that will be a lot of snow, translates here to between 7-12 inches! Yep, perfect for snowshoeing.

Also have a few errands today, worried about the frig, do not need this with the holidays coming up. Heck, no one in this town even sells appliances any more!

Poirot, can you set the refrigerator to a lower temperature? Mine has settings
in the back for refrigerator and the freezer.

Good morning everyone!

OC, good luck with your grocery trip.

kat, enjoy going to the art exhibit.

Muzza, sounds like you will have a picture perfect Christmas Day.

Poirot, appliances always seem to have the worst timing for messing up.

I'm thankful this is a 3 day work week.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Well, I went to take a loaf of bread from freezer to defrost.......and it was already half defrosted! I did set to lower temps in frig when I noted items not a cold as they should be. Put a thermometer in there, registers 58. Definitely not good, tho I can hear the motor running. Will be going out , hope I can find something. This is a big fridge, (fills the space) more than I need, but it came with the place.

Good morning.

The Beast it at daycare. Class tonight, tomorrow I'm picking up Christmas dinner at Honey Baked Ham and then the grocery store for the sides and such. I'm not expecting a big run on frozen chopped spinach, but I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

Hope the video helps. They were really close together last night.

On to a Monday.

I enjoyed the special exhibit at the museum. Now I want to go out west and see
the National Parks. Since I've been there before, I didn't look at anything else.

I put the sunset time on my alarm. Maybe I'll see something later today.

robin, I hope you get a good view tonight with your new gift.

Muzzaman, enjoy your snow and Murry Christmas.

Poirot, good luck on getting a new refrigerator.

Afternoon Everyone,

What an exhausting day. So glad I only have 2 more days of work after today for the rest of the year. I'm looking forward to my vacation, even if we are just staying home. I feel like I'm living the final countdown, 2 more days of work, 14.5 days until the ex's sentencing, 21 days until my divorce hearing. 2021 will have a promising start, although this banking nightmare the ex created is not looking promising. But I'm trying to take it one day at a time, while trying to finagle myself out of being held responsible.

Sorry I can't reply to you all, too much work. Have a terrific afternoon!

manda, sorry to hear about bank problem. Can you close that account
so it won't happen again?

I can't close the account until we bring the balance back to $0, but they will soon if we don't get balance up to positive soon. I don't have $2400 to get the account out of the negative. I did close the other joint account so he can't do it again on that one.

I'm so sorry, manda. I hope you've told your lawyer. This might be important when the
divorce comes up.

:hug:

I'm still trying to see the conjunction. I thought it was supposed to be by the moon. Is it
supposed to high in the sky or on the horizon?

Thanks, I probably missed it then.

It has snowed all day here, lightly mostly, but heavy for short periods, but still snowing, thus........I really hope some of you get to see the night sky and can post a pic for those of us who are unable.

It has been an exhausting day for me, which was lightened considerably by a surprise pkg. outside my door, found by the men who delivered & installed the fridge. I felt like Santa arrived early, & brought me to tears.

I had to empty the other fridge, and while I did not think there was much in there, surprising to know just how much is really there, and how quickly a bag fills, and how heavy. I put them all on the outside patio, figuring it was cold enough, but we were 36 today, so below freezing. The delivery guys were super (wearing masks!!), installed, removed old fridge. No longer have ice cube maker or ice water , lol. They disposed of old fridge, thank goodness, installed, had it running, said about 2 hrs til freezer would be up to right temp. Well after 90 minutes, I began putting things back, took a while, tired me out, truly. I now have to buy ice cube trays, as fridge doesn't come with them any more.

And then I got a phone call, as hubby's medicare will end Wednesday, & will go on private pay! Yep, Merry Christmas, Barb. Long phone talk with daughter, no choice.

Back