12-28-2016 - Donuts & Confetti

Noel

Reaction score
Good Midweek Morning,

It is warm here and feels more like Spring than our very short Winter. 70-76 or higher.

Today work is a slow morning so nurses are hand making confetti. Those who work New Years Eve/Day will use it in the break room. It is the only way to celebrate other than food goodies.

Wishing each of you a great day.

Good morning everyone!

Yesterday at this time it was in the 60s. This morning it's 38 degrees. Welcome to Virginia, Don't like the weather, wait a few hours:rotfl:

Noel, I'm guessing a slow day is a good day where you work.

I'm supposed to work 10-6:30 today but will probably get off a few minutes early because I'm 17 minutes over this week and today is the last day of the week for us.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Good morning. I still feel woozy when I try to do too much, but doing better.

I gave Remmy a bath yesterday, which she can't stand and acted pitiful. She thinks she is tough, but is really prissy about some things. She doesn't even like getting her feet wet or being rained on, but she will dig in a mud puddle. I guess that's a different ballgame?? LOL

Take care, everyone.

Red: It is a nice moment when you get off work early due to your diligence. Kudos. :clap:And yes, a slow day in NICU means babies are peacefully sleeping without a crisis issue.

KT: that is some virus you have to still cause vertigo. Sorry it has interrupted your Christmas-New year holiday week. Remmy sounds like my cats, both hate bath time and the rain. :)

A cloudy and warm day here. I wanted to wash and hang things outside.
Maybe tomorrow.

Noel, I hope your day remains slow until it's time for you go to home.

kt, I hope you're feel better soon. It's hard for me to figure out what
to wear with the up and down temperatures.

red, enjoy your time off the rest of the week.

I hope everyone has the best day possible and without pain.

Good Morning Everyone,

Of all the weird things to happen in my tiny little city, we had a gun scare last night at our local mall. The police put the whole place into lockdown. Gena totally spazzed out when she heard it on the news because she knew my mom was going to the mall last night. Made me call her at 6:45 in the morning to make sure she was okay. I tried to convince her that she'd be seeing Grandma in 45 minutes, but she still wanted to call her. My mom just gave her a great big hug when we got there.

Tonight we go Christmas caroling with our church, and maybe some of our Girl Scout. I invited them all along, but I don't think anyone besides Gena is actually going to go. We will have fun all the same. The church rents a mini bus so we can all ride together. :)

Noel - love on those babies for me.

Red - hope you can get out of work early.

KT - hope you're feeling all better very soon.

See you all later :)

Kat: thanks for the wishes. There is nothing better smelling than clothes dried outdoors on a line. Hope you get the weather to do just that this week. And have an awesome Wednesday.

Amanda: Gens is precious the way she cares about your Mom. Enjoy the caroling tonight. It was lovely of you to invite the Girl Scout members along on such a fun event. Enjoy.

Good morning all! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. The girls got quite a lot of new things, so we're going to clean today to make room and to take down our Christmas decorations. It will be in the 60s today, so they'll get plenty of time outside this afternoon while I try to clean floors and the kitchen to get ready for our New Years' party.

I had decided to take some time to catch up on my to-read list of books, so I've been keeping so busy with that I've stayed a full week behind on Days...but I caught up yesterday. I'm hoping after the first few weeks of January to be able to get back on a schedule to pop in here more regularly. Hubby should be going back to his regular schedule soon, so that will make it easier to find time to sit down and read Donuts with my coffee in the mornings.

Good morning all, mostly sleepless night for me again. Grey and gloomy out. Last night Arsenic and Old Lace was on Turner Movie Classics. Such a silly, slapstick movie, but so enjoyable. Had not seen it in some time. Earlier, Casablanca was on, hubby watched that one, but I had seen it about a month ago. Had to laugh, as the host of the show said Cary Grant hated that movie, and always said it was his least favorite movie. LOL, he was so good in it. Ha.

kt, you could possibly have an imbalance in your inner ear causing the vertigo, (been there, done that, you would not believe all the tests I went through to rule out other causes, lol)

kat.......I do envy you any time you can hang sheets, especially, outdoors. Gosh, they smell so good when dried and brought in. It was 16 this a.m. when I got up at 6:15, unable to go back to sleep since 5 a.m. and never falling asleep til around 2. Sigghhh. Anyway, now it is 22, which is surprising with no sun.
Take care all.......

RF: It is delightful to hear from you. You have been missed. So happy your Christmas was a great one. You are industrious to be planning a New Years Eve party. I hope it is a wonderful celebration.

Poirot: so sorry insomnia continues to interrupt your sleep cycle. I adore Cary Grant and watch his movies any time possible. I did not know he hated Arsenic and Old Lace. He was fabulous in that slapstick role. Wishing you energy to fulfill your day and a good night's sleep later.

Good morning. Manda, I kept seeing on the news about brawls in malls all over the place, with some gun shots. It's scary when it hits close to home, especially in a small town. I have no sympathy for the creeps who cause such disturbances.

I hope I get to go to Wal-Mart today. Need to pick up four prescriptions for the husband, but two of them needed calls to the doctor for renewal so I have to check first and see if they have them ready.

We're supposed to reach 77* today, with sunshine. I welcome the warmth but I'll definitely BOLO (be on the lookout). I'd better get busy. Hope everyone has a good day.

Ooh, it just now showed up on my tv screen that 8 teenagers were arrested in a mall in Illinois. Sounded like the one in your town, Manda.

OC: Wishing you a pretty and warm day. Hope your hubby prescriptions are ready for pick up and you enjoy the trip into town. Like you, I find these mall crawlers exasperating. We have too much terrorism in the world already.

I think those teens arrested in Illinois were in a brawl at a mall in Aurora, IL. (Mandie lives in Wisconsin), however there were riots, disturbances all over the country on Monday. What the blazes was going on? I thought they were due to arguments over sales, but heard that many were gang related, or just looking for some trouble/excitement.

On Christmas weekend, in Chicago, 53 people were shot!! Unreal. 11 dead, others critical, etc. And the death toll in that city for 2016 from that kind of violence passed the 700 mark in early December.

Hey Manda, how fun to go caroling Christmas week. It will be so welcomed and unexpected by the folks who are lucky enough to see and hear you all. Have to say it was rather jarring on Mon. morning to turn on the radio and back to regular music, especially the drum beatings, and screaming of lyrics on some songs. LOL I do miss being able to play several albums/CDs, one after the other without having to constantly get up and change. Was nice to be able to put on 1/2 dozen or so. Once upon a time. LOL

I read about those, they were sad and scary. Our mall thing has been reported as a guy threatening to shoot himself.

Poirot - we'll be caroling to the church member who can't make it to church anymore, and also at a couple of nursing homes. It should be fun, although nursing homes always make me a little sad too.

OC - good luck with your errands.

Rocky, good to see you back.

Good morning all.

Day started off with me over-sleeping. Yes, I know I'm on vacation, but had a doctor's appointment I almost missed. Boo.

We had a mall thing here in AZ. Cops were arresting a young miscreant who picked up a chair and threw it. When it landed, it made a noise and folks thought that was a gunshot so they panicked and ran screaming about gun shots. The screaming panicked more people who ran, and pretty soon it was a serious stampede that could have injured someone. Herd mentality.

My new avatar, for anyone interested is a dancing frog that Hunny bunny got for Christmas. It is an outside ornament. I think he is quite cute.

So much to do today and no desire to get any of it done. But the adult in me will get it done, or most of it anyway.

Robin: yes the mall disturbance quickly morphed into real fear for many customers here. Your frog avatar is cute. A real keeper. Enjoy your much-too-busy vacation day.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a cute, happy frog, Robin. I like frogs!

Thanks for getting me straight, Poirot. Now I remember that Manda lives in Wisconsin. I get it mixed up with someone else (JS?) who lives in Illinois.

Someone threw a chair and someone else tried to shoot himself.....it's sad in today's world we are understandably conditioned to be jumpy about anything out of the ordinary, especially sudden noises, in places where there are crowds of people.

I called Wal-Mart Pharmacy. They did not have the two prescriptions that needed the doctor's ok. Frustrating because I ordered online on Sunday, thinking by today there would have been plenty of time. Maybe tomorrow. Meanwhile, my niece came over to help me do a few things. I'm trying to get water to the cows. They can get water from the tanks (ponds) but they have to walk a long way to get to them.

The new well pump has not been used and has been shut down since I had it installed a few months ago, since there were no cows over here to use it. I wanted to prime the pump and get it going but did not want to be so far away from the house all alone when removing the cover, which is an igloo dog house. There is a heat lamp in there and it would be a perfect place for a snake to be hanging out. I can't walk well (bum foot) on the rough, uneven ground, and easily lose my balance in those conditions.

Well, there was no snake in there but there was a dead rat and a big rat's nest of dead grass, right under the heat lamp! Also was a dead armadillo nearby, outside the pump cover. The rat had chewed on the electric cord, but I don't think that's what killed it. The water "pipe" or hose on the pump had kinked and torn, so needs to be shortened. I think we could fix this stuff but I will probably call my fix-it guy who installed the pump and ask him to do it. I don't need this kind of a hassle right now.

Back