2014 Winter Olympics

Heather4CU

Reaction score
The Winter Olympics started last night with the Figure Skating Team Event and the Halfpipe. The USA is currently tied for 5th after the Mens and Pairs Short program in the Team Event. The Ice Dance and Ladies Short Programs will take place live tomorrow morning at 9:30am EST on NBC Sports Network or you can watch in primetime. I hope the USA will get to the Free Skate round.

Also, the Opening Ceremonies are tonight on NBC!

Heather, thanks for the info about the skating tomorrow.
I'm not sure if I have NBC Sports. I turned off all my sports channels :)
I'll tape Sat evening for sure.

I enjoyed the skating that was on last night.

I can't wait to see the opening ceremonies.

They have been live streaming at NBCOlympics.com as well. The skating was on live yesterday morning but I had to be on a conference call. There are 10 countries currently in the team event but NBC only aired 3-4 in each discipline during the prime time broadcast.

US Figure Skating also live tweets each event.

I guess NBC picked the top three plus the US to show. Canada and Russia
pairs were great :)

The US is actually a medal favorite in that event as well. However, Meryl/Charlie and the Ladies now need to skate lights out to counteract Jeremy's fall in order to get to the next round.

There is LIVE figure skating coverage on NBC Sports a Network until 2:30pm EST today. They are showing the ice dance short dance, ladies short and pairs free for the team event.

thanks for the info. I get the channel. I'm going to watch some of it now :)

I just finished watching the Ladies Short Program in team competition! OMG the Russia’s have a 15 year old that is amazing, awesome, and spectacular to watch and also Italy choice skated a beautiful program. They were fun to watch!

you were lucky sunny, I missed the dance skating. I hope
NBC shows a lot tonight in prime time.

I saw the most of the ladies and the pairs free style.
The 15 year old was awesome.

Now I have to watch the rest of the opening ceremonies
since I taped it.

Heather, I think they said more team skating tomorrow.
I hope you'll let us know when :)

Yes the conclusion of the Team Event is tomorrow. I'll try to find the schedule.

The USA has been mathematically eliminated from Gold Medal contention so it will be either Silver or Bronze if they medal.

Thanks Heather. I'm sure we can win other skating medals

I enjoyed the opening ceremony

The Ladies, Ice Dance and Mens Free Skates in the Team Event will be on LIVE tomorrow morning on NBC Sports Network from 10am-1pm EST.

I thought Sage Kotsenburg, the Gold Medalist in Slopestyle was adorable. I'm going to catch the Bob Costas interview with him later. This was the event that the Canadians tweeted about earlier in the week when Shaun White pulled out. They said he pulled out because he was scared. Karma is a beautiful thing.

Discovered yesterday that I don't get the NBC sports network. No idea why not, get a hundred shopping channels I don't care about at all. LOL
Watched skating, cross country a bit, some snowboarding (just not my thing). Don't think I will catch much today, various reasons.

Since I have so much to do today, I'm taping the skating this morning.

I taped the show last night since I missed the ice dancing. I just
saw Charlie and Meryl, They were wonderful. I hope they win gold later.

Heather, I really appreciate you telling us when we can watch
live if we can.

The info guide said it was 205??? Yep, just checked, and I do lhave 220, so have the NBCsports. Thanks. Wonder why the guide told me the channel was 205? (Direct TV, folks)

Back