2014 Winter Olympics

I like that idea because I need Sat to catch up on what I taped :)

Boy, I wish I could hook my VCR up to the Direct TV.....But, it just would not work. I soooo hate that TV had to go digital and we who live further away found our antennas useless.

Ice Dance starts 10 AM Eastern time on Sunday on the NBC sports channel.

O.K. that will be 9 p.m. for me. Thanks, Kat.

I just fixed my mistake. thanks Heather :)

Didn't US have 3 men figure skaters, what happened to the 18 year old?

Something about the Olympic coverage is bugging the heck out of me.

The local NBC station has a recap show for one hour before the Olympics come back on at 8:00 eastern time. They use one of their own reporters, and have her "interviewing" various Olympians. It is very obvious that there is no way that she did the interviews, and she is just standing in front of a screen where a video is being played of whichever Olympian is speaking. It is like there are two different conversations going on with neither side listening to the other. The biggest thing is.......I saw all of these exact interviews on the Today show the last two mornings.

I watched some of the men's skating this morning (was able to get the TV for a while, lol. ) and a few of the skaters had some bad falls. The Russian fav pulled himself out of the competition with a bad back. Another guy fell, rolled, hit the wall, and was not moving much. Don't know what happened there.

@lovin_safe The US only has Jeremy Abbott and Jason Brown. The way it works is that at the prior year's World Championships, the US skaters must have a combined total placement of 13 or less. If they do, they can send 3 skaters. If not, only 2 skaters. So in the case of ice dancing, you had Meryl/Charlie as World Champions last year(#1) and then 2 other couples placed in the top 10. That is why there are 3 US Ice Dance couples in Sochi.

@Poirot Jeremy Abbott fell on his quad in the Short Program. The takeoff was wrong and he was just too close to the boards. He did skate amazingly well after he got up as well as in his free skate. In fact he was the only man to skate clean tonight.

I hope to finish watching the men's short performance today.

I couldn't believe how the audience rallied behind Jeremy
after he fell. It was amazing and important since the
Russian skater withdrew.

I truly believe that had he not fallen so hard, he would have been in medal contention last night. He lost a bit of time and therefore some elements due to the fall unfortunately. But other than that, both programs were clean and well skated.

Just another reminder if you're watching skating live, ice dance starts this
morning at 10 AM eastern on the NBC Sports Network

NBC will show it delayed tonight and they will probably show most
of the ice dance late in their broadcast when Downton Abbey is on

Maybe you can see some at the end. They are now showing
other things in between skating. I taped men's short for over
three hours, but I didn't get it all since they downhill skiing too.

Tomorrow morning they should show the ice dance long form.
I'll post time when I see it.

The Free Dance will be tomorrow at 10am EST

Lots of questionable scoring today but Davis/White and Virtue/Moir were exquisite

Each season the Short Dance is given very specific guidelines so this year it was the Finnstep, and then Charleston or Quickstep. If you notice, most couple had similar steps. I think the American show tunes lend themselves to these steps.

For the Free Dance, you'll see a lot of Russian composers since the Games are in Sochi. Davis and White will skate to Scheherazade.

Back