2014 Winter Olympics

Yup they are skating both their Short and Free Dance over again in the Individual Ice Dance competition. What you saw earlier in the week was the Team competition.

I'm watching NBC Nightly News right now and they are going to air a pice on Meryl and Charlie at the end. Looks like a different package than they show during the Olympic broadcast.

I thought it was a very boring piece. I've seen much better ones done in the past.

However, I enjoyed the report with Johnny Weir and his clothing that was shown this morning. He said he brought enough clothes for a different outfit each day. I had a giggle when he said he uses a spreadsheet to keep track of what he wears on air each day.

Jenna Bush Hager just said that it is interesting that Meryl and Charlie train with the Canadian dance pair, but she doesn't know how that works. Um, isn't it the job of a reporter to find out?
So much of this coverage is just plain sloppy. I will add though that there is also a lot of good stuff.

Was the piece on Johnny Weir shown during the ice dance competition. It's the only thing I watch.

Yes I watched the whole thing live. Yay Meryl and Charlie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Both them and the Canadians just left me breathless. Too bad they couldn't tie for the Gold.

This tweet from US Figure Skating made my heart melt:
U.S. Figure Skating@USFigureSkating 48m
What did Charlie say when they hit their end pose? "I told Meryl that I loved her." A 17-year bond culminating in Olympic gold.

I know they are not a couple but the romantic side of me can dream right? :) Though I do think it's odd they are not a couple nor have they ever attempted to be.

I'm excited for Bob Costas to interview them tonight. It will also be fun to watch the NBC packages during the prime time broadcast.

Have they mentioned if women's skating starts tomorrow or not?
They haven't fixed the schedule at the US Figure skating site.

Ladies short program is Wed at 10 AM Eastern time if
you watch live on the NBC sports channel.

Hmmm, what about the judges???

Has the medal ceremony happened yet? I kept looking for it and never could find it.

Yes it was on at 12pm today. I'm sure you can pull up the feed online. I watched it live while I watched the first 10 minutes of Days. I was bawling my eyes out LOL.

I definitely think ice dance judges are biased. The Shibutanis should have scored higher than Chock/Bates and the French team should have won the Bronze. Also, Weaver/Poje of Canada should have scored higher. No different than Vancouver where Tanith/Ben were robbed of the Bronze by the Russian team wearing the ropes.:rolleyes: Anything to put a Russian team on the podium.

There were so many great performances yesterday. Too many to pick from.

Could not find the medal ceremony on line, but if it was held today, maybe they are saving it for tonight and then will put it online. ????

That is possible. I think I heard a rumor about something to that effect.

they showed a little part of it last night on NBC...Ray and I are so disappointed in the coverage....he said the other night that NBC needs to pass the baton onto another network...also...Is anybody else tired of all the giddy woman on the Today show....or is it just me?? But I love the Olympics....what will I watch next week when it is all over...I guess back to HGTV and the food network!

Back