SPOILER !! 2017 Returns Teaser update

They need to inject Jordan into this somehow. Never even a mention of her reaction or a visit to Ben after it was revealed he was the killer. They were so close. Jordan and Ben (Ollie) might be a good time for her to visit Salem and mess up Rafe and Hope for a bit. I always welcome any return and am still waiting for Melissa Horton to return.

Actually I would like to see her more often. Was a good character. Nothing feisty here, Noel. Just seeing her more often, rather than only on holidays. She is still part of the old Horton life. I miss that, Noel. :hug:ShaSha

Who knows what is in store over the next several months? I think (but DO NOT KNOW !!) that we will be seeing visits by several different members of various families. It is impossible for budget to allow them to be on contract permanently, meaning for a year, two maybe.....so appearances now & then are a good thing.

However, I absolutely do not like the idea of tons of dead Salemites coming back to life suddenly.

Back several years ago GL did a clone story, with their biggest character, Reva Shane. She went from a tiny baby to adult but then, grew old and died. All in a short period of time. Not a fav story either for the viewers, or the actress. But she did a bang up job with the acting.

Guess I already have said my thoughts about "I see dead people". I understand and can probably accept a return from the supposed dead by those whose body was never found, or misidentified. Just not those in coffins, embalmed, buried in the ground. And that is just me.

Who knows what is in store over the next several months? I think (but DO NOT KNOW !!) that we will be seeing visits by several different members of various families. It is impossible for budget to allow them to be on contract permanently, meaning for a year, two maybe.....so appearances now & then are a good thing.

However, I absolutely do not like the idea of tons of dead Salemites coming back to life suddenly.

Back several years ago GL did a clone story, with their biggest character, Reva Shane. She went from a tiny baby to adult but then, grew old and died. All in a short period of time. Not a fav story either for the viewers, or the actress. But she did a bang up job with the acting.

Guess I already have said my thoughts about "I see dead people". I understand and can probably accept a return from the supposed dead by those whose body was never found, or misidentified. Just not those in coffins, embalmed, buried in the ground. And that is just me.
I agree Poirot, don't want the dead folks back!! I did read on the "grain of salt" site that Will was only back for a 2-3 month arc but he WAS DEAD!!

I'm happy for Eve and Billie. But question not like it matters, is Eve going to wear a wig, or keep her hair short, like say, Valerie? Eve's character always had long blond hair like Sami.

Not complaining Kassie dePaiva (Eve) can pull it off she looks tougher like Eve should be.

Last edited by a moderator:
No doubt Ben was brainwashed by the DiMeras into being the "Necktie Killer" and only thought he murdered all those people. lol.

I like this theory because it also leaves the door open for a Ben redemption storyline. Maybe the flashing neon lights were his trigger. I still think it may turn out that Serena and Paige are alive too. They can say the midwife got away and Ben just fired the gun.

They need to inject Jordan into this somehow. Never even a mention of her reaction or a visit to Ben after it was revealed he was the killer. They were so close. Jordan and Ben (Ollie) might be a good time for her to visit Salem and mess up Rafe and Hope for a bit. I always welcome any return and am still waiting for Melissa Horton to return.

I wasn't a big Jordan fan but I agree with you. I think she should come back to deal with her brother and potentially cause issues for Rafe and Hope. Curious to see Jordan with better writing.

Days ends the summer with Chandler Massey's (Will) return, and there's lots more to come!

21640929_996542363821371_8616942400967853415_o.jpg

Chandler Massey (Will) is the first of many returns planned by head writer Ron Carlivati and story consultants Sheri Anderson and Ryan Quan. Massey's interview with the New York Post this past weekend confirms that Will's death scene has been re-shot, meaning Robert Scott Wilson (Ben) will be returning (for newly created flashbacks at least). Alison Sweeney (Sami) and Kassie DePaiva (Eve) are back in October. William Utay (Dr. Rolf) will be back by Halloween. Eileen Davidson (who has played both Kristen and Susan) returns in a yet-to-be-announced role around November. Martha Madison (Belle) and Brandon Beemer (Shawn) return, along with newcomer Victoria Konefal (Ciara), before the year is done. Returning right around New Year's Eve is Louise Sorel (Vivian), joined by Daytime Emmy winner, and "Days" newcomer, Tyler Christopher. Lisa Rinna (Billie) will be back in early 2018. Be on the lookout for some other surprises as well!
Fantastic! I love all of these characters!! It will be great to see Billie again. I wish Bo and Billie's daughter would return too.

Jason: A question about Will's return. When this first broke several sites reported Chandler Massey (Will) returned for a few months, but later on, news came out that his contract was extended. With filming 6 months in advance, Days' current system would have Will airing until at least Feb. 2018. And if his contract is extended, does it follow that there is a reason Days is expecting NBC to renew them again? What, if anything, can you tell us about this?

The seeming uncertainty of renewals would be a valid reason why none of the soaps can really offer anyone a contract beyond their current contract term, but if Days follows their current manner of filming, they've got Will airing right around the "renewal decision" period and maybe a bit beyond it.

Perhaps Will originally was intending to only be in a few episodes, and then his contract extended to a longer period, which could be the 2 months? He definitely is not there permanently, I think he mentioned returning to school after the summer.

They did reshoot the strangulation scenes of Will's death, which is undoubtably a flashback scene. And that could be a "Ben" flashback perhaps.

But Jason knows FACTS better than anyone, so he will chime in, I am sure.

Last edited:
Back