2019 Return?

Yes, Muzza said "speculation". I have thought perhaps he could be, but IF SO...don't want any kind of surprise being spoiled. LOL

Love that Paul Tefler (Xander) will be returning. Salem needs a villain and one that is a likable villain To me that is Xander and he nails the charm, the sarcasm, the dirty plans and revenge plots and nice to look at. I'm in for team Xander.
I can't stand him!!

And it is rumoured, at this point RUMOURED that Stephen Nichols (Steve/Patch Johnson) is back filming. IF this is true and I believe it is, with all of the backlash that was thrown at Days over him being let go, would anyone be surprised if was already back filming?? When he was let go I commented that he'll be back as he is one of the most popular characters, the legacy he has as part of a super couple and because that's just what actors who have been on Days of our Lives do, regardless of storyline or treatment.

Again, it is just a rumour with a little of my own opinion mixed in.

https://soapdirt.com/days-of-our-lives-spoilers-stephen-nichols-back-to-dool/

I'm pretty sure this is not true though I would like it to be true. He and I have some mutual friends.

I wonder if Patch/Steve Johnson coming back will involve the feds taking Stefan down. He was the one with the technology behind the bionic eye, not Steve. I can see Steve (since he is a detective) being part of a government plot to get the goods on Stefan. Of course, Stefan and all the DiMeras are made of Teflon so nothing will stick. You know, for once I would like to see a Salem criminal go to prison and actually serve his sentence. That is wishful thinking!

Oh, I know, Just Samantha! I was just doing a little speculating and wishful thinking. It is a shame that such a popular character was taken away the way Steve was. He is an important part of the show and I really miss him. I hope he does come back and is cleared of the espionage charges.

Operagirl - I agree wholeheartedly. It was a terrible idea to write him out, especially with everything that is going on.

I think great writing would be Steve comes back a year later after what happened and does Stefan in, the actor is leaving and another replaced him, it was said temporary probably for the exit. Plus bring back Joey with him as it was hinted in that warehouse episode with Nicole that A.V likely is Ava Vitali. The actress Tamara Braun of Ava even hugged and was smiling like oh I play your mother, we get to meet. Maybe they'll actually get along this time. Joey trying to kill Ava and Tripp trying to make Kayla seem like a negligent murderer. Though one thing, why would the DiMeras even invest in saving Ava from death? Rival I'm sure Italian crime mob families unless Kristen just wanted her there to destroy the Bradys.

Why would Stefan or Chad hate the Bradys? They are the only so-called "DiMeras" left, neither raised by Stefano, and in fact StefanZero never even met him.
The writers, over the years, have managed to do a good job of eliminating all 3 families. LOL

Back