3/16/17 - Donuts & Moving Day (and a birthday)

It would appear, in their unwise efforts to make things easier, and work faster, the company (and others as well) instead has trippled or quadruppled the time it takes to use their "time-saving" programs. Ahhh, Progress. LOL

AGuy: great selection of cakes for Kat.

OC: hope you make it to Wal-Mart today and cross that item off your to-do list. The cookies will be split for the kids classrooms and hubby work tomorrow.

Robin: enjoy working at home and your Bunny Bunny at home tonight.

KT: nice choice of adventurous cakes.

Shan: March Madness is crazy in Indy too. Have fun.

Kat: how exciting to have your son visiting next month. It is like stretching out your birthday celebration. Hope you find a watercolor class on the fall class schedule. Thinking of you on your day.

Last edited:
I think Kat's son is coming in April, not next week.

Kat, my daughter took up watercolor, first doing it on her own, but then doing classes. She still is taking the classes, enjoys it a lot.

Red is probably going to be exhausted tonight, with all the moving, and getting things put away, etc. in the new apt.

OC......hope you got to WalMart (I thought someone picked up all your prescriptions for you??) and especially got to eat somewhere, not have to cook today. :)

Happy Birthday Katmouse!! Hope it was lovely! I always enjoy your Days memes/jokes!

Was cold but sunny today. Had an 8-hour shift today, and the store was mostly empty. It was to be expected, as Sunday and Monday were really busy due to the blizzard. Guess people still hadn't run out of food from then.

Hope all of you have a nice evening.

Happy birthday, Kat. I hope you had a wonderful birthday. I wish I knew how to send you one of those wonderful cakes that the others sent you, but I am sending you some good wishes.

It was a little cloudy today, but rain is supposed to come back in the next few days. We had been having some nice weather.

Yes, we made it to town but got off late and didn't get to eat until nearly 3:00 o'clock. Ate at McDonald's, whoopee! It's the easiest thing for eating in the car. Didn't get home until 5:45. This is almost a record for being out late. I can't get on track since the time change. Can't tell you how much I dislike having everything in my day running late! Worse yet, Wal-Mart STILL did not have one of the prescriptions! Yes, it needed renewal from the doctor but they'd had over a week to get it. Furthermore, when I called yesterday to check on it, I thought the automated message told me it was ready. Now I'm going to have to call the doctor's office myself to get something done. Grrr.

Poirot, I never have had anyone pick up prescriptions for me (except I think my niece did one time, when she was out and near Wal-Mart that day). I used to pick up prescriptions for my sister a lot but I've never had it done for me.

Squirrel, your method of signing in and out sounds too complicated for me. I'd be lost if I had to function in today's work world.

A. Guy your clock-out line sounded pretty creepy. The ladies in the one where I worked only threatened to dismember anyone who stuck out an arm out of turn. Ha ha! When one "authoritative" woman said, "If you want to keep that arm, you'd better move it," everyone believed her.

Kat, I wish I could have spent the day with you!

Back