3-16-2016 - Donuts and Happy Birthday

Not a good morning here, but wishing you all well and much better than we are getting. Yep, tis snowing, HARD, they are talking 5-9 in., maybe even more north up by Lake Superior. Roads to get very slick.........and it is 35. Was really hoping we were not going to see any more of this.......but ..heck, it is March in the north, and the snow always doesn't seem to want to leave. Yes, we are under a winter storm warning until 7 a.m. tomorrow! Ugh.

Laundry & some bill paying on the agenda.

For Kat....

Happy%20Birthday%20Wishes.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning. Kat, here's wishing you a very happy birthday! I'm glad you are a part of Salem Spectator, and Donuts in particular. I enjoy your thoughts and comments.

I need to get out and do grocery shopping and pick up a prescription today. Weather will be nice, but rain chances arriving tonight, along with a little cool down. Ditch is dug for new sewer line. Hoping he gets the new pipe installed today.

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Birthday Kat!!

Pouring rain here, but not one snowflake in sight. So sorry that you are getting tons of snow, Barb. We had a very nice troop meeting last night, worked some more on teaching the girls about taking care of pets, and how a taking care of a pet is similar to how they can take care of themselves. It was also nice for Gena and I to have something normal to do.

This afternoon I have a CPR training at work. I figure it will be handy to have at the office and also for Girl Scouts. Gena is going to hang out with my sister tonight. I imagine they'll have dinner and paint nails or play board games or something, they always have a ton of fun.

OC - best of luck with your errands

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Happy Birthday kat!
Crazy-Chocolate-Birthday-Cake-1.png-3f94f15b27-megacard.jpg

Sunny and 70 right now. Supposed to get to 82. Nice beautiful weather and I have to go to work at 3.

Stay warm and safe with that snow Poirot.

Good luck with your errands OC.

Glad the girls are learning and having fun with the Girl Scouts manda.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Good Morning my friends.

We are feeling a little better and a little stronger. Stilll, our routine is rest........sleep.........take meds.........eat a tiny bit.....and sleep some more. Are you bored yet just reading this routine> [wink]

birthdaykat.jpg

KAT: Happy Birthday sweet lady!

KT: wishing you a beautiful day!

POIROT: hope you've bundled up and at least enjoy looking at the snow.

OC: hope your errands go smoothly in fair weather.

MANDA: bravo to CPR training at work! It definitely saves lives. So glad Gena has some fun today.

JS: wishing you a great Wednesday.

RED: enjoy your balmy weather.

Take care all!

I started Donuts about the same time as Poirot, but I beat her by a tad, lol. I just wanted to comment on her would-be title. It was Donuts and S N O W. When I saw it like that, I had to come up with a phrase for the acronym, lol. So Now Over Winter!

Take care.

LOL, the way they are talking on radio, with the "forecast" being given every 10 minutes, I swear, I just may be snowed in here. And NO corned beef for tomorrow. LOL
I was counting on going into town tomorrow, have Dr. appt., but may not get there. It has just not stopped snowing for a minute. Oh, it lightens up, then gets blizzard like again. We keep losing our TV signal (Satellite) so not sure if I will get the show today or not.

You know I have to watch Days on the NBC website with bad video of the show, but sometimes the commercials are entertaining and usually good quality, lol. There is a commercial for Blue Bunny ice cream and the song they used is now stuck in my head. Fortunately, I like the song, since I have to hear it often, lol. It's an old song sung by Frankie Valli.

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. I don't have a lot of time to post now so
I'll post more later.

Today is Wed and I had my mahjong lesson. Next Wed, last class. Yesterday, I mowed
and I'll finish mowing yard this afternoon. So kt and A Guy picked out the right cakes.

kt, thanks for the song.

I hope everyone will have a wonderful afternoon and evening :)

Happy Birthday Kat - hope you have an awesome day!

Poirot - we had snow yesterday on and off but didn't stick! So sorry you're snowed in again.

Noel - so glad to hear you're some better! You would think all your sun & heat would help the healing!

Today's weather is so much nicer! A few sun breaks even. We're so used to the black clouds our eyes are having a hard time adjusting. Never complaining though!

Have a great day
Shannon

Here's the post about my day... Birthday is still going on. One of the Bible ladies
I see once a month, just called me and sang happy Birthday.

Thanks again for all the birthday wishes. I told myself I couldn't think about being alone
today. It's not fun any day.

My neighborhood friend called me last night and said she was coming over this morning.
She had to take her grand niece to school since grandma couldn't today. Of all
the days of her life she had to that...

Before she came this morning, I got a can lid stuck in the drain where the garbage
disposal is. I tried getting it out with a knife and that didn't work. The seal was too
tight. When my friend got here, she suggested a hammer and screwdriver. She wanted
to bend the lid, but it made a hole instead and then it came out. Not the best way
to start your day and it was easy to fix.

She couldn't stay long, but she told me she was shopping yesterday and met our
other woman friend. They shopped for my presents together. When she left, there
was bag at the door. Somehow my secret pal, got my present to my house in the dark
when we were occupied in the kitchen.

After she left, I found the below saying on Facebook page.. and yes that is how
god works. I wish he would do that more often when I have bad days. I guess he decided
to make my birthday an interesting one.

When I mowing my yard, the daughter next door came home. She finished mowing for me.
She did the hard part for me.

I hope everyone will have a nice evening.

I don't think there's no such.jpg

KAT I am delighted your birthday was a blessing. You have a caring neighbor & very thoughtful friends. God continually reminded you of His faithful love today through the people who love you. I hope you see how special you are today.

Happy birthday!

I had something in my eye since about four o'clock in the morning till about ten. I had to cancel my appointment because I could not drive like that.

After I dealt with that, I went to the back and loaded up my new shed. I wanted to do more but I was feeling a lot of pain so I had to rest once the shed was complete.

I have an invisible splinter in the palm of my hand and it is driving me crazy.

Good night all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back