3/18/20 - Pre-empt again.....no show

David's not actually Clyde's grandson, right? Jordan was not his biological daughter if I remember, but he raised her and had Ben with her mother. I believe he also sexually abused Jordan in addition to being generally abusive to Ben and their mother.

David's not actually Clyde's grandson, right? Jordan was not his biological daughter if I remember, but he raised her and had Ben with her mother. I believe he also sexually abused Jordan in addition to being generally abusive to Ben and their mother.
You are correct. Jordan's dad died when she was about 5 or 6, then her mother married Clyde and they had Ben. Clyde raped Jordan, so it gags me when he talks of Jordan being his daughter (he often leaves out the "step" part) and acting like he cared for her. And yes, he abused Ben and their mother.

David is Clyde's step-grandson. While "step" doesn't matter in some families (like Marlena considering Brady her son, or Tate her grandson), since Clyde raped Jordan, he has no right to act like David is anything to him (just my opinion).

That's what I thought, and I feel the same way. The "grandson" line irritated me. Not that it makes a difference, but I think it was not a single instance of rape. He molested Jordan over a period of time if I remember correctly. For him to act like his relationship with Jordan was in any way normal (or for the writers to) is disturbing. As a character, Clyde is disturbing. I know they are maintaining how awful he is and not trying to make him a good guy, but I feel like they're also trying to make it seem he has a normal relationship with Ben, too. He does not. That is a psychotic man with twisted relationships.

This show needs to get its act together with the rape and abuse storylines or quit having them. I thought a similar thing with the scene between Eric and Kristen. Eric annoys me to no end, but a touching scene with his rapist? It's all too weird. These aren't rapes that they wrote in the '80s before we started waking up and saying, "You know, we shouldn't just use rape as a plot device and then pretend that character could turn around and be the hero." These were storylines in the last 10 or so years. I try to suspend reality and let some of it go. I mean, I'm pro-Ben now. But then there are certain things that rub me the wrong way.

Not that it makes a difference, but I think it was not a single instance of rape. He molested Jordan over a period of time if I remember correctly.
I agree; it appeared he did sexually abuse her over a period of time. I remember her screaming at him "IT WAS RAPE!" the time she held a gun on him.
I thought a similar thing with the scene between Eric and Kristen. Eric annoys me to no end, but a touching scene with his rapist? It's all too weird.
Yes! Brady expecting Eric to play nice with Kristen is outrageous considering she drugged and raped Eric, which ultimately led to him leaving the priesthood. Eric should've told Kristen to get away from him and Mickey when she showed up at the hospital the other day.

Thank you so much Poirot! Days seems to be in a time slot that NBC uses to show "BREAKING NEWS" here as well. I am lucky to be seeing a few minutes a day after the president gives his latest update. I haven't even seen the usual little notice at the bottom of the screen that tells when they will rebroadcast Days. It used to be when it was partially interrupted they would show it again at 2 or 3 in the morning, but haven't seen that lately.:huh:

It definitely is hard to deal with the inconsistencies of late on Days. It is a shame they let Sheri Anderson go because she was someone who REALLY knows Days history......tho maybe, since they like to ignore it, twist it, etc. it is why she is no longer there. ??

But, yes, Clyde sexually abusing Jordan, & physically/mentally abusing them both is why Jordan took Ben and went on the run for several years. Clyde's current attempts to bond with Ben are too little, too late in my opinion. It does seem Ben isn't buying it all either.

And I definitely agree about Kristen showing up in Mickey's room. I wish Eric had told her to get out, don't come back, he will call security. Shame on Brady for falling for her pity party. Ugh.

And they're back to "breaking news" again today. Sigh...

Is this going to be a daily thing? I swear nothing new is said during these press conferences, at least nothing that can't be covered on the news.

I think they're trying to make us feel better they are doing something since they started too late,
just my opinion

I have a suspicion this WILL be a daily thing, at least for the next couple weeks. If not daily, they may revert to every other day.........but they do not seem to be telling anything new. I want them to tell folks what to about getting essential items at the store, since the hoarders have depleted the supplies everywhere.

I think they're trying to make us feel better they are doing something since they started too late, just my opinion
But these press conferences could be streamed live online, with the important or new info covered during the news. To tie up broadcast TV for at least an hour a day, for days on end, turns it into white noise that people just ignore. I know as soon as I hear the breaking news music on the TV, I change the channel.

Walmart is cutting back hours from 7 AM to 8:30 PM.

From March 24 through April 28, Walmart's 5,000-plus U.S. stores will host an hour-long
senior shopping event every Tuesday for customers 60 and older, which will start one
hour before stores open (aka 6 AM)

Walmart also is temporarily shutting down its Auto Care Centers to "focus on the most critical
areas of the store right now," Smith said, adding the auto center employees will focus on
stocking and cleaning.

These are items they have set limits on milk, eggs, cleaning supplies, hand sanitizer,
water, diapers, wipes, formula and baby food.

How interesting, I just got back from our other supermarket, NO eggs, but I did manage to get one loaf of wheat bread (there were just 3 left). No white bread at all. NO toilet paper, and I looked, but no hand sanitizer. Now I knew a truck was arriving today, so waited to go so they would have time to unload. etc. Anyway, So much was gone already. My neighbor said she was going to WalMart, told her how empty yesterday, but she was pretty confident. I forgot lunch meat........sigghhhh.

Talked to my friend, she said cereal aisle completely empty at WalMart......(kids all home from school, so it figures)

I went to our small-town grocery store (only one in that town) yesterday. No eggs. Very little dairy. I wanted plain yogurt--only two there, both with expired dates. Flour tortillas gone. Very little produce. Paper products, mostly gone. Meat mostly gone. On and on.

So is Shawn still on the police force? He's been out of the country for a long time but it seems whenever he shows up in Salem, he does police work.

They have baby David wrapped in blankets and making baby noises in bed, like a small infant, but Evan and Orpheus kept discussing whether Evan should tell David he is his father as though Evan and David could have a conversation about it. :rolleyes:

I'm afraid there is almost no chance that Gina is gone. Any time there is something I really don't want to happen on Days, I can be pretty sure it will.

And we have more national jibber-jabber again today.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Back