3-30-2018 - Donuts & Good Friday/Passover

Noel

Reaction score
images
images

This Holy Weekend wishing each of you a Friday filled with love, joy, hope and peace as you gather with friends & family to observe your holiday.

Thank you, Noel, don't know how much joy. We are under a winter storm watch, with snow beginning this afternoon, 3-7", they say, and it is 100%. Yep, Mother Nature really enjoys Easter being on April Fool's Day. Wish she would get over her PMS. Hope everyone everywhere has much better weather for their Passover and Holy Day observations.

Morning everyone.

I'm hoping for a quiet day at work. A lot of schools seem to have part, if not all, of today off for Good Friday. I can get caught up and ready for next week when I will be by myself Monday-Thursday. That's what I get, I guess, for taking a vacation.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Poirot, that seems like a bit more than the kind of "Easter snap" we often have here. :rolleyes: I'm sorry for both you and Noel, with your extremes. I saw where Squirrel was already having snow. I think it will be pretty decent weather here. Wish I could spread it around.

Robin, I hope you have a peaceful day!

Poirot, Noel has asked about your son who has/had the flu. I've been thinking about him too. Is he about over it? I felt bad for him, being all alone in his misery.

Ugh, a crop duster has just started spraying the field right off the hill from my house (NOT my field). I understand why they do it but I'm not fond of it. Impossible to ignore it while he is buzzing back and forth over my house every two minutes to make his turn-arounds. I think if I were standing on my roof I could touch the plane as it comes over!

I'd better get off my computer and get dressed for the nursing home. Wishing all of you the best day possible, under whatever your circumstances may be.

Robin: hoping your work day is peaceful, quiet and very productive. Wishing you a lively relaxing evening at home or about town.

OC: hope the crop duster finishes in 30 minutes as usual for most and your visit with your husband is an enjoyable blessing for you both. May your evening be relaxing and restful.

Morning everyone,

Still not feeling well. And while my voice comes and goes, I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to sing for 40 minutes almost straight tonight. I fear that if I even try I'll end up having a horrible coughing spell at a most inopportune moment. I'm still planning to attend church, just I just won't be able to sing.

Noel - I know whatever you decide for you son will be with his best interest at heart and that's all we can do as a parent.

Poirot - hope you don't get too much more snow. We have it in our forecast for tomorrow also.

Robin - here's hoping you have a peaceful workday.

OC - I hope those crop dusters move on quickly so they stop bothering you. Since you've been asking about what our cities are like, my city has about 80,000 people, 5 high schools (which includes the 2 private schools), 5 middle schools, and more elementary schools than I'd even try to count.

However we have many other slightly smaller cities within a 10 or 15 minute drive, all of which also have many schools. Shopping is abundant within the area, with a delightful mix of big box stores and little mom & pop style shops. We have our own performing arts center, a brand new expo center, and several museums. If I want to travel 30 minutes, I can drive up to Green Bay. I'd love to tell you more, but don't want to ramble, so let me know what you'd like to know more about. :)

Have a wonderful Friday and enjoy whatever festivities you have planned for the weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Manda: what a disappointment for you to still be struggling with not feeling well, coughing and intermittent laryngitis. Just being at church will bless both you and other members! Sure appreciate you describing your town area as it sounds like a very good place to raise a family. Enjoy your Easter weekend and heal quickly my friend.

Well, the snow that was not supposed to start until "late" this afternoon, began flurrying around 8:30-9:00 and then began to increase, so tho I intended to dash out to the store this afternoon, it looks like better earlier. So I threw on clothes, dashed out the door, over to the store, where a lot of folks like me had the same idea. Really, baskets only had a few things (oh, forgot to get this or that) just like me, and the snow began getting more intense. Glad I went when I did, even got thicker after I was in the house. Boo, hiss.

Accumulating on the bare driveways, streets, and parts of ground under trees that was showing some dead grass.

My son is a lot better, still has a cough, but says this really knocked him out for several days, over a week. He just stayed in bed, slept a lot. Had to let the dogs out, feed them, but that was all, back to bed. He finally went out on a job (he is a home inspector, but just one house, is taking it slow).

Poirot - thanks for the update on your son. Good to hear he is much better, but most likely still weak. Being alone at a time like that makes it difficult but bless his heart for caring for his loyal dogs. Glad you made it home before the snow got deeper.

contored ficus with water bottle.jpg Contored ficus.jpg

One of my newest trees. This one came in a pot already. It is a contorted ficus. I put a standard water bottle next to it for size comparison.

Poirot - good to hear your son is taking it slow. He really doesn't need to rush and then get ill again.

Noel - I hope your hubby is feeling better, and flu part two is not as terrible as it could be for your daughter. And your son has had some time and discussions to help him with what comes when he returns to school.

Manda - I'm so sorry your voice chose NOW to take a vacation. At least you'll be able to be part of the audience. Still not the best.

Noel - I hope your husband and daughter are doing better. Maybe you can get a breather this holy weekend. I hope your son is feeling better and everything calmed down some.

Poirot - Hopefully you were able to get all your groceries you needed and back home before the weather buried you again.

Robin - your plants are beautiful! Bigger than I had thought. Enjoy playing with them this weekend.

OC - Spokane is down in a valley and once you climb out of the valley, leaving town in any direction, the land is all farm or cattle land. We have been nose-dived on many occasions by the crop dusters. I swear they fly right over the top of our cars. I feel for you.

Manda - so sorry you're going to miss your choir singing this evening. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

Beautiful day here. Sunny! Have a great day.

Robin, that little tree is adorable.

Shan - your journey out of the valley sounds a lot like my area. Once I get a 5 or so miles west from the main north-south interstate, it's mostly farm land as far as you can see. Just about all the way to Minnesota. There are small towns along the way. Mostly consisting of a church, gas station, a tavern or two, and about a half dozen houses, but for the most part just farms.

Finally, a beautiful day here. Sunny and in the upper 50s when I went outside.
Rain starts again tomorrow morning.

A busy morning since I forgot I had dental appt when I made one for the cat.
Goldie and I walked early and I went early for teeth cleaning. Then to the vet, so
it all worked out.

My plan was to put down a bag of mulch after weeding today. I got a bag and half
down. I'm not sure when I'll get to work outside again.

manda, I'm sorry you're not able to sing tonight. I'm glad you're still able to attend.

Poirot, I'm glad you got out before the snow got bad. I think the winter weather was
taken out of forecast in my area on Sunday.

Noel, enjoy your weekend with your family. I plan to go to church on Sunday and
relax the rest of the day.

OC, I hope you won't feel bad after the crop duster flew by.

Tonight is a blue moon if anyone wants to take a peek outside later.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Robin: your contorted ficus is very pretty. I don't remember seeing one before and I really like it.

Shan: Spokane is a friendly town and your valley lush and green when we passed through years ago. Thanks for your kind wishes for my family.

Kat: so nice to read your day is sunny and comfortable today. You accomplished quite a bit in half of day. Hope the remainder of your day is pleasant.

Time for my salad lunch.

Heya Everybody! I hope that everyone is having a fabulous day. I wanted to wish everyone a bappy and blessed Good Friday/Passover. I hope that all of you are able to spend it with those that you love.

The weather has been fair today. Right now, it is sunny and about 40*F, still cooler than it should be for this time of year. Spring really has not amounted to much thus far, hoping that changes, stat.

Wishing each one of you a fantastic Friday. Sending so much happiness to everybody.

Hi everyone!

OC, good luck with the annoying crop dusters. The city I live in is the largest land wise in Virginia. It's also the fastest growing city in this part of the state. We have 3 high schools (and another one is needed), 4 middle school (probably could use one of those too), and 12 elementary schools (and a new one is currently under construction) plus 2 private schools. Our population is 80,000+ and spread out over farmland, a bustling northern half, and a not big enough for all this traffic downtown. We have everything from a nutty interstate to winding back roads. The city was established in 1742 but didn't get to its current size until the 70s. Also we are famous for peanuts. The hospital here is named for the wife of the man who started Planters Peanuts. Also, if any you ever want some Virginia peanuts let me know, I've got connections:rotfl:

Noel, I hope you and your family are doing better today.

Poirot, stay warm and safe.

Robin, that tree is adorable.

Manda, hope you feel better soon.

Kat, hope you get to work in your yard again soon.

McSweetie, hope you get some warm weather soon.

Shan, enjoy the sunshine.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

I absolutely love hearing about what it's like where each of you live! I've been to many of the states (would have to stop and count it up) but some of you live in places I have never been, such as Washington state and Wisconsin. I think you live on the coast, IamRed, so I've never been to that area, but I've been across Virginia numerous times, on the trips we made between Texas and PA or Texas and NJ, and I have to say I always marveled at the extra beautiful landscape of Virginia.

It's funny how I have very limited visions of what I associate with a place, if I've never been there before. I didn't expect PA to be pretty at all. I only thought of coal mines. I was in for a most pleasant surprise the first time I arrived there! I've imagined it never stops raining in Washington.

My image of Wisconsin has changed over time. I once only thought of cheese. But my husband worked for Procter and Gamble and lived in Green Bay for some time, so after listening to him talk about that, I thought about how cold it must be.

Getting to know Poirot and Manda has confirmed that thought many times over and added to it almost endless winters with unfathomable amounts of snow! It was surprising to hear how some of you are so close to farmland (and crop dusters), while still having the conveniences of more populated areas.

Back