3-7-2016 - Donuts and Pecan Pie

Oh, shoot, I forgot to mention the highlight of the day. This morning, Venus and the sliver of a crescent moon rose near each other just before sunrise (twilight). It was a beautiful sight with them standing out against a deep blue background and an orange glow beneath. I wish I had a camera that could pick up the colors.

On another note, it's sunny and warm outside. I'm barefoot and wearing shorts and a tank top. I'm FREE, lol!

Clouding up here, actually have hit 57! Unreal! All that snow...and I bet ...Baby, the rains must fall.

Gas was $1.43 a couple weeks ago, then various gas stations began going up...was at $1.74, but one station just stayed at the $1.43. Well, They finally jumped to $1.73, and the other ones all went to $1.84.
If you are paying less......be thankful, but hurry and fill your tank. Because it is the price of crude that is going up, and causing the stampede to jump the prices quick. Calif. is over $2.00, and not just a few pennies over.

Gas prices are on the rise here also - now running at $1.98. Last week it was $1.71.

Pecan pie is real big here. Thanksgiving is just not Thanksgiving without it. I'm not a sweet person so I don't eat it. However, Poirot hit it with the pecan and praline ice cream!

Dark clouds and rain today - it's expected all week!

I'm glad Noel & RS are feeling better.

Shannon

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a wonderful day! As I write this message to you all, I'm a little drowsy as I am very relaxed. I have a load of laundry in the dryer and right now I am watching some television.

I absolutely love pecan pie and pecan butter tarts. I do not like nuts and peanuts unless they are baked or into something and pecan pie is definitely a dessert I will eat. I love this pie during the Thanksgiving Day holidays as there is something Autumn-like about this pie. I love having this pie warmed up too as I love the "gooey" goodness.

The weather here is absolutely beautiful as spring is FINALLY here! Right now it is mostly cloudy but warm, a beautiful winter evening here. The snow on the lawn has just about melted away and I have been hearing a lot of birds chirping especially early in the morning. A sure sign that spring is here, THE BIRDS! I am just a tad bit excited about this upcoming revelation.

I hope that each and every one of you has a magnificent Monday evening!

I'm sorry for all of you who have to pay more at the pump, but I can't wish for crude prices to stay low. People in Texas are still getting hours cut and losing jobs. I don't think the rise will last long enough to be a recovery.

Poirot, I don't know how I got the idea you once lived in Texas. I know some of your family does, but I thought you had once said you lived here a very long time ago. You must have just mentioned some visit and I got it confused. About the pecan pie, trust me, it doesn't taste anything at all like pumpkin pie. I don't care at all for the taste or texture of pumpkin pie.

Looks like I'm going against the flow in my comments. I don't mean to be contrary! :)

People are losing jobs all over the country, & getting less hours as well. The food shelf here has quadruple the number coming in now. So higher cost for gas at the pumps, with less money coming in, plus food going up as well.....difficult.

my internet is going out all the time now....comes on for a minute or two and then gone again. ugh.

OC, I understand about the people who work in oil not working. I'm not sure how you
balance it out. The people who do the work should be paid for it and not the top
executives.

It's a shame food prices didn't get lower when it cost less to ship it.

Oh, want to bet that about a month before the national election, the price will go down, maybe even a bit before that.

Oh, want to bet that about a month before the national election, the price will go down, maybe even a bit before that.
Since the price of gas is being used as a political tool for his "legacy", I would expect the skyrocket to launch right after the national election, or more likely, after 1/20/17 when he abdicates his throne, but I apologize for going off topic and into the dangerous political waters...

Wayne

Back