4/17/19 - Donuts and Blueberry Banana Smoothie

M

Muzzaman

Morning all. Hope your morning is starting off in a good way. I woke up to 2*C (35.6*F) and should reach a high of 15*C (59*F) today. I keep wanting to get to my lawn and power rake it and weed n feed it but haven't had any time. We'll be heading to Vancouver tomorrow after work and will back Sunday so I think I will do it Monday, as I have it off.

Manda, glad you got settled into a place and can start a new normal.
Shan, congrats on your 2 year anniversary. My two year will be Sept. 1, 2019.

Well Albertans voted for a new Premiere yesterday and I am so very disappointed in the results of who the new leader of our province is. That's all I will say because my heart kinda sank last night.

Off to work now. Have a good day everyone.

Happy Easter to those that celebrate it and to those that do not, enjoy the long weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love just wandering downtown along Robson Street and English Bay. We'll also grab the water taxi and head to North Van,have lunch with a cousin from Australia who now lives there and check out Lonsdale Market.

We're also planning to see the Capilano Suspension Bridge and do some walking through Lynn Canyon.

Do you get to Vancouver it Victoria ever? I love getting to Vancouver Island and exploring there too.

Morning Everyone,
What a long night we had last night, I think we finally finished the move at about 11pm, finding my cat was the problem, little stinker was hiding and it took forever to get her out. She was not very happy about being in the cat carrier or the car or the new apartment, but she seems to be adjusting okay this morning. While in a nice hot steamy shower, I remembered that I left some of Gena's sheets in the dryer. I'm hoping I can sneak back to the house after the restraining order hearing today to get them, if not we'll survive. It's not like we didn't leave tons of other items behind too, but I think I got the most important things, and even some not so important but really nice to have things.

We'll be having Easter dinner at my mom's with my brother and 1 sister. It will be nice to eat something that's not from a drive-through.

Muzz - enjoy your time in Vancouver.
Lil0- sorry it's raining on you again, you should have lots of May flowers with all the rain your getting.

Have a wonderful day.

Last edited:
Good morning. Cloudy now but clearing, with slight chance of rain this evening. The big, bad system is east of here. It will reach 85* today but only 70s* tomorrow. We're in that roller coaster season for now. I went to town yesterday, first time I'd been out in over a week. Caught up on errands and grocery shopping. Guess I'll just putter around home today. So many things need doing.

Wishing everyone a good day. Manda, I hope your stamina holds up under a strain that is emotional, mental, and physical, all rolled up in one.

Muzz, sorry about your disappointment in the election. I know that feeling too. In one past election I couldn't watch the news for some time following it. Hope the weekend cheers you up!

Hi Lil0. I hope your rain isn't enough to hurt your garden.

Morning all....
what a weird weather day yesterday was.... nice and sunny when I went to work, when I left work to walk across the parking lot to the district office it was dark cloudy windy cool and ugly..... the mandatory attendance of one of the two open enrollment meetings was sparsely attended to say the least and made me long for my old "overlord" company..... it was the WORST presentation of benefits I've ever seen... and when I pressed the guy who annoyed be by his lack of oh I don't know basic knowledge on why vision insurance paid for lenses every year but frames every other.... he said just use your current frames...Okay... so what do I do for the two weeks without my frames while waiting for my glasses to be made?? his answer... wear your older prescription..... I said Okay so wearing 2 -3 year old lenses for two weeks and not seeing clearing is your option? He said it made sense to him.... the new vision doesn't cover progressive lenses, or any additional coatings that I have put on to prevent starbursts and such..... several of us older women just shook our heads at most of his comments.... so I won't be signing up... I'm going to be asking for the proof of insurance for the past year form and go sign up for medicare..... it will cost more than the district insurance until September when I can claim social security....... then I guess it's just a different pocket but better insurance..... either way.....

enough whining... I'm heading out for a fun filled day of registrations.....

have a good Wednesday.....

Good Morning Friends.

It is already warming up this morning and I turned the A/C before I left because the house was 84F. Other than that we are beginning the long stretch of weather where Robin and I run out of words to describe sunny, hot, dusty, breezy and boring! At family send me Indy photos of cloudy skies, green fields, flowering trees and shrubs. For those you remaining in cold, wet stormy areas I certainly hope it improves this week.

Muzza: enjoy your visit in Vancouver! The lawn will wait..........sorry the sun is waiting too.

Lilo: hoping you can snatch an hour or so working in the garden before more rain appears.

Manda: congrats! on finishing the move late last night. Maybe you can have a house warming and friends will supply new sheets and items you are missing? Once your kitty sees you and Gena are happy in the new place, and it discovers all the areas to hide there, most likely it will be happy too. I love how you took the extra time to find the kitty and not leave it alone in the house.

Let's make this the best day possible because we're 1 day closer to the weekend.

OC: a rollercoaster can be fun...........but not much fun when you herd cattle and need to feed them regularly. How are you feeling? Has the sinus/cold/allergy issue improved at all? Rest up when you have some free time.

Robin: insurance agents! What a frustrating night meeting that sapped your strength and wasted your time. But then registrations today may just do the same thing, right? Maybe plan dinner out or have it delivered to your home tonight as a treat? You deserve it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love just wandering downtown along Robson Street and English Bay. We'll also grab the water taxi and head to North Van,have lunch with a cousin from Australia who now lives there and check out Lonsdale Market.
I love those places too. [Where I stay is just a couple of blocks off Robson.] I skip the Capilano bridge!!!! I got about 3 steps onto it many years ago and froze. I haven't been back. :rolleyes:
I also love Granville Island market and shops and Bistro 101 just across the bridge from Granville.
I'll be in Vancouver in early September. I also love Victoria. Went there last summer.

Last edited:
Noel - there was no way I would have left the cat behind, hubby never wanted a cat and would have treated her badly, she deserves better. Sadly we couldn't move Gena's fish tank, I hope he will take care of them, she was unhappy, but I couldn't really lift a 10 gallon aquarium and have not place to put it.

Good afternoon everyone. Taking a quick break from packing to eat lunch and check in. I'm moving offices for the 5th time in 2 years.Hopefully this will be the last time before I retire.

Amanda, when you change Gena's information at school be sure to take your soon to be ex off her allowed list of pick up people. A friend forgot to do that, and the police had to be called when both she and the ex showed up to get their son from school at the end of the day. Luckily she always carried a copy of her custody papers with her.

I'm sorry I can't answer everyone. I inhaled my salad, and must get moving again.

Hooray!! I was granted a 10 year restraining order, that's the max allowed. I'm so relieved. He brought his criminal attorney along and the guy was a total doofus.

RS - I already brought the old restraining order and the CPS papers to the school so they know that he's not allowed to take her. I'll give them an updated copy of the new order tonight or tomorrow.
Lil0 - my cat seemed better this morning although she slept on my pillow wrapped around my head. We'll see how she is when we get home tonight.

A busy day for me. I went out early this morning and bought more mulch at Lowes. I wanted
to get some before the next rain. Then I drove to the library. After lunch, outside.

The forecast keeps changing. If the thunderstorms start early in the evening there is
a slight chance of severe weather. Rain in forecast all night and most of tomorrow. I
hope my mower comes today.

manda, I'm glad you got the school involved. I was going to mention that. I hope he's
not the type of guy who will go looking for you. I'm glad you got the cat. It shouldn't
take long for the cat to adjust to the new home.

Muzzaman, enjoy your weekend. You can do the yard stuff when you get back.

Lil0, I hope you'll have a nice day staying inside.

OC, I'm glad you didn't get any bad weather this time.

Wishing everyone a good rest of the day and evening.

RS your office moves so often! Fingers crossed this is your last move. Hope the rest of your day goes smoothly.

Manda:. Congrats on the 10 year restraining irder. What peace of mind that must give you. Hopefully in the future you can give Gena a new (maybe smaller,) aquarium and fish.

Kat: hope storms bypass your area. One thing is certain: your garden is always lovely.

Muzz your trip over to Vancouver sounds fun! I have never been but I sure have heard a lot about it. Congrats on your kicking the habit also. It's not easy - I never realized what a habit it was. I think drugs would have been easier.

Lilo - I hope your rain didn't last long.

Manda - so glad you are out! Poor kitty, she will probably take a few days getting used to her new home but will love it. So glad things are going good for you. Yahoo on the restraining order!

OC - enjoy your day at home with no errands to get done.

Robin - oh I hate meetings like that. I had the very same kind of vision - give them your frames for 2 weeks and wear your old prescription. Right.

RS - 5 times in 2 years. I feel for you!

It's cloudy and cool today. Spent the entire evening shopping with the little girls for Easter shoes. Oh my - let's just say we didn't find any and what happened to making little dress shoes for little girls. They have like hooker shoes for little girls? It was terrible - we went to every store in the mall?

Have a great day

It's sad the clothes they make for girls. The teenage girls are bad too. Parents
need let clothing manufactures that they don't want their girls looking
like "ladies of the evening".

Wow, I haven't spent enough time around my granddaughters to realize that kind of shopping problem exists. Sure makes it hard for families who want to dress modestly.

Kat, I hope you don't get any severe weather. We have a slight chance but it doesn't appear likely we'll get any rain at all.

Robin, I'm guessing that guy is young and doesn't wear glasses. His time will come. I've never had any insurance that paid anything for glasses. I wear the progressive lenses with glare protection, etc. It gets expensive. Maybe there are different Medicare plans that pay for glasses? Mine only pays for exam on eye disease and such, not even for the vision exam.

Squirrel, I'd been wondering about your office situation. Have they finished the remodeling?

Manda, it's good to hear you are on top of all the things that need to be done. There are so many more services and so much more information available now than when I was dealing with things of this nature. Still, my heart goes out to you and Gena.

Noel, thanks for asking....I am feeling much better than I did this time last week. Still have some residual stuff but I think it is gradually getting better. My surroundings are starting to look like a jungle so there's no way I can avoid allergies. I mostly stay inside, then come right in and take a shower when I have to spend any time outside. Fortunately, there's not a lot that has to be done out there right now. We quit feeding the cows about three weeks ago. The grass is tall and thick and green. They can graze without even having to walk too far. But they are still conditioned to respond to my truck. When I drove off to haul away some broken tree branches this afternoon, they came running and followed me down the driveway about 0.2 mile. Worst part, it was in the upper 80s*, too warm for them to be doing that. I felt sorry for them but I can't help it......Oh, and I don't know how you held out this long without turning on your A/C. I've been running mine off and on for a while already. But I understand how expensive it gets with summers like yours starting so early.

Back