4-22-2016 - Donuts & Movies

Noel

Reaction score
A very good Friday morning friends.

As I finish my OJ & oatmeal bar for breakfast I realized I had not posted in Donuts for 2 days. It's been a good couple of days but very very busy.

My Sister & I had a glorious "sister day" on Wednesday. We ate both lunch & dinner out and watched The Jungle Book in between. Well and some shopping. The movie is visually beautiful and follows the story of the book.The characters are easily recognizable. You almost forget its the original animated book story because it is so hard to realize the animals are CGI [computer drawn images].

Tonight is 'date night' and we're going to see The Huntsman. I mean Chris Hemsworth is dreamy! And I also like the actresses in the film. Tonight should be fun.

Wishing each of you a great day and a wonderfully relaxing weekend. I look forward to sleeping in Saturday!

Good morning. IamRed, didn't you work late last night? Or was that the day before?

Noel, it's so nice to hear you're having a couple of fun days! After being sick for so long and having such a rough time of it, some pleasant outings were overdue.

Here's something for all of you to laugh about with me. Even I had to laugh, through my disgust. I hadn't needed my mud boots for a couple of months until a day or two ago. I always shake out boots, in case bad spiders are lurking. Well, you'd never guess what fell out of my mud boots this time. FRITOS!!! That blankety-blank mouse! I keep a few extra food items in the central air unit cabinet, which is located in the kitchen. That cabinet opens up on the back side into our clothes closet. I'd found the bag of Fritos with a big hole chewed in it awhile back. I'm pretty sure I caught the mouse a month or so ago.

I imagine most of you are glad it's Friday. Have a good one! Sun is finally coming up earlier here now. Not up yet but the horizon is fiery. Supposed to be a pretty day. Full moon tonight. Was about full last night.

Good Morning,

Cool and blustery here this morning supposed to get up to 54* later, better than what it could be I suppose.

Today Gena is having crazy hair day at school, so she has pigtail braids that we wove pipe cleaners into to make them stick out from her head, and then we had some left over colored hairspray from Halloween so half of her hair is hot pink. :)

Tomorrow we are going to a Girl Scout Event with one of the other girls in the troop and her mom. We'll be learning about Girls Around the World, and what they wear, do for fun, eat, how they get water, etc. I think it will be very fun and educational.

Noel - glad you've been having a couple of fun day.

Red - have a great day at work

OC - silly mouse, glad you got rid of it. I had one that got into my trunk once and ate half of a coconut 3 Musketeers bar I was hiding for Easter. I was relieved it only got the one, I had other candy back there too, which was sealed and untouched thankfully.

Happy Friday everyone.

OC, I just remembered something you may appreciate. Went to the hardware store and bought some plumbing parts; they were put into a brown paper bag. Carried the bag into the house, set it in the bathtub, and broke for lunch, etc. When I returned to start the repair project, I heard a rustling in the bag; it was a little startling. There was a mouse in there, which I relocated. When told about this, the hardware's cashier freaked out a little, just said "no way," kind of under her breath. And, that store had a couple of cats on the premises. :eek: :eek:

Have a great no-unwanted-pets day, everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
How funny, A. Guy! You gotta know almost any store could get mice, but who would expect one to be inside a paper bag that got brought home? Glad it wasn't a snake! Cats are no guarantee, unless maybe you have ten cats to every one mouse.

Manda, the hair day sounds fun! Gena may look like Pippi Longstockings. I always wondered how they made the braids stand out. Now I know. I'm sure your mouse had a delightful treat with that candy bar. The strangest thing I ever saw a mouse eat was rattlesnake rattlers. I used to collect them whenever we'd kill a snake. Had a bowl I'd put them in out on the old sun porch we had back them. The mice got in that bowl and chewed those rattles to tiny pieces!

Good morning all. Partly cloudy with a high of 73° today.

When my not ex (gosh I do not know what to call him now, will take suggestions lol) was running the skate park, he always had JBS up there and JBS is a ferocious mouse hunter. JBS also goes crazy and points if there is a fly until it is killed and we show it to him. He looks and that is it, he is satisfied.

Got my not ex a job with the friend who I have been trading dinners with and has been looking out for me during the time not ex and I were separated (dude knew we were just friends), a truck, new tires, work clothes, all that electric yard equipment for him to do yard work on off days, new phone on my plan, new clothes to upgrade/look decent, paying attorney to take care of tickets to get license and probably more I can not think of. Everything is on my credit card I just paid off. Sad about that but his paycheck comes straight to me so it will work out.

I am investing a lot in this working out but we have been together ten years, off two where he lived right up the street and we were in contact daily but I was like you can not come back here until you are done with your midlife crisis and ready to do the right thing. We worked things out and feel like things are right now so yay. The girls are happy we are back together. They absolutely love the family dynamic.

Now I am relaxing and getting a green tea pedicure with gel color. The gel color is amazing. Last time I got a pedicure was February and the color lasted with no chips or anything. I have to get pedicures or have someone else do my toes because I can not reach due to hip injury and can not do a good job anyway, due to broken wrists that cause grip and control problems with my hands. I can not afford pedicures often but this place does a great job so it is like my special treat.

Good day to you all!

Good morning! I hope everyone has been well. It's been crazy hectic with school stuff, dance, and softball practices. First games are next Monday, and the girls will have a to miss a few games for dance dress rehearsal and recital. We had a field trip to Oklahoma City, two hours north of us, got back about 20 minutes before school was out, then had to drive 35 miles to our southwest to my hometown where they have dance. So as soon as they went to bed last night, I crashed. Today, Annabelle has a field trip to go bowling for the 75 point club for Accelerated Reader, plus they have the Land Run reenactment at school as well. So many things going on at once.

I've also been on the hunt for socks. The t-ball coach picked socks that are huge! They fit both Annabelle and me, so they're way too big for Ava.The heel of the sock is at Ava's mid-calf and there is no way to not have bunching inside the shoe if we position the heel correctly. So I either have to see if my sister-in-law can work some sewing magic or dig out a pair of Annabelle's old t-ball socks that would match the uniform (but not her teammates' socks....but the coach did the whole mismatched sock thing, one patterned, one solid color, and there are like for different patterns so matching won't really matter anyway). And of course this time of year, there are very few colorful crew socks. It's such an annoyance.

I am just going to try to relax and not do anything this weekend.

OC, the stuff I bought was on a lower shelf; it may have also been in another type of bag/box. Glad it stayed in the paper bag until it was put into the bathtub!

Critter alert: Discovered worms in two different bags of flax seed this morning! Both had been opened, partially transferred to generic tupperware, re-sealed by rolling the bag tops. There have been a few small mystery moths flying around. Unfortunately, the worms are too small to use for fishing. :(

Hello. So, I was sitting outside with Remmy and about to take her back inside. We were heading in the house, when I heard the nice mail lady go by. Remmy heard her, too, and was excited, so I took her back outside and told her to "wait for it", lol. Yep, the mail lady tossed her a treat on the way back. Happiness all around, lol.

OC, it is a very good idea to shake everything out before you wear it if you live out in the country, lol! I'm glad the mouse didn't build a nest in your boot!

Y, why don't you call your not-ex "Trial Run", or just TR so he doesn't know what you mean, lol.

Take care everyone.

Another pretty day here. Too bad I have a cold because I need to get out
and I don't fee like it.

I spent over two hours in my flowerbed yesterday.

Goldie, had a spa day today. I washed her bedding. I still have to clean
the dog house.

manda, enjoy your weekend with the scouts

I hope everyone has a good rest of the day and evening.

I forgot to mention it is Earth Day.

earth-day-nature.jpg

KT I love the "TR" - would be great!

OC - The story of the Fritos in the boot was hilarious but then I would want to go on the hunt! Sneaky little devils.

Kat - hope your cold gets better soon.

Noel - sounds like your days are much better than the have been the last month - YAY!

It's really muggy today --- for us anyway!! Those that live in the Midwest & the East coast would probably laugh!

We have all the Ice Skaters in town this weekend and everywhere you go it is packed! I would like to get down and see some but I don't think it is worth it right now - the parking is horrible.

Have a great day
Shan

Oh my goodness, I'm late coming here. I stayed home today. I'm letting Dad settle into his rehab place. It is very posh and I think I could very much like to go there, to live. But then after this week, why not? When we took him out of the hospital, he was very confused. He didn't know why we weren't taking him home. He is a large man, 6' 5", about 235 pounds. Luckily he's not strong, so he has no real luck pushing you away.

I'm heading back on Saturday to check up on him, because I think it's important that the establishment knows there is someone fighting for this person.

It's a slow day at work, but I'm catching up and it's nice to not have to stop in the middle of something to cut food or answer questions as to why is the wall bending.

TGIF

Hi all, we have alternated between cloudy and sunshine, back & forth, but it is windy and soooo cold.

Gotta mention this. Last night I am watching Blacklist...and all of a sudden it was deja vu...as he was sitting on the beach, watching the ocean waves crashing in, and suddenly a woman is walking into the ocean, obviously intending to commit suicide....and he goes running into the crashing waves and saves her. Sound familiar? It was so weird. Same scene, just different actors.

Lol, Poirot, maybe somebody could just make a video of a woman walking into the water and a man saving her, then it could be kept available to pass around for all kinds of movies and shows. Your alternating sun and clouds sound like our wind direction, It's back and forth between north and south, over and over and over, this time of year.

Robin, the wall bending--bless your heart. I can relate.

YPG, Kt's TR fits right in with all your other initialed people/pets.

Back