4-29-2016 - Donuts & Frenzy

Noel

Reaction score
Good Friday morning my friends. At this ridiculously early hour you are all most likely asleep. I have just been called in for an extra early shift and a half. My state of mind: frenzied!

Wishing each of you an easy Friday and a great weekend. I am now off Saturday and plan to sleep the entire day away as my family is busy at softball & skating parties.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, & Good morning.....Oh, wow, emergency call to work. Glad you are well now, & able to handle all. Sun is shining brightly, and we may get up to 53 or so. Wow. LOL.

Am so very ticked off, as had to go town, & hubby wanted a phone number, and proceeded to rifle thru my "organized clutter" on my desk, which is has really messed everything up. I know it sounds silly, but I do have papers and notes, mail, invoices, receipts, just all kinds of things, (our file cabinets are stuffed and don't have a good shredder, so things that should get filed just don't at times. O.K. complicated, but I just don't like him messing around on MY desk. Grrrrr. And he could not find the number anyway, so it all made it worse. Plus, he adds items at times, and I don't know it, until I.............oh, heck. sorry to moan. Beautiful sunshine. Should not be complaining.

Your "organized clutter" sounds like a familiar concept. :) Have you ever seen W.C. Field's big roll-top desk? :rotfl:

Nothing to eat/drink since 2:00am; test at 11:00. :( :(

The annual ant wars have begun. It took a few days for them to find the bait, but they were on it last night. Would be easier (?) to just spray outside the whole house, but I hesitate to do that because there is a creek not too far away.

A local dog-catcher seems to have added raccoon-rescue to their regular duties.

Have a good day, everyone. "Be careful out there!"

Thunder storming this morning. There might be an opening at noon to walk Goldie.
I was outside over two hours yesterday. Area is looking better.

Can we post Days spoilers in this area? Just wondering.

Noel, I hope you have good day and restful weekend.

A Guy, good luck on your test.

Poirot, sorry to hear about your desk. I understand completely and I live alone.

I hope everyone will have a good day and weekend.

Good morning. It's warm and muggy here, with thunderstorms moving in late this afternoon. I ran to the store for milk and now I hope I'm settled in at home for the day. I'm putting off taking my car to the shop until next week. I'll have to drive a rental, grrr.

Take care and stay safe everyone.

Morning all. Well, we might have had rain over the night hours, but I don't think so. Today is sunny.

Several years ago we had a hail storm here in Phoenix. It was quite a hail storm. Lots of cars damaged, including mine and hunny bunny's. His car was totaled; the damage was greater than the cost of the car. All the damage was "cosmetic", so it was driveable and all, but it did have dimples.

Mine was bad and I wasn't going to do anything until my across-the-street neighbor backed out of his driveway and hit my parked car on the sidewalk, destroying the driver's side door. Since that needed to be replaced, I might as well have the dimples removed.

The long winded story now comes to it's point. I was given a rental car based on HOURS worked on the car, not time it was in the shop, but the hours worked on the car. So they had the car 4-1/2 weeks and I had a rental car for 3 days. Gotta love insurance companies.

TGIF!

Thanks for the heads up, Robin. I was told if I wanted insurance coverage on the rental car, I would have to pay that myself. I left a message with my insurance company to find out if my insurance will cover that rental car. I may have to drive it for 2 or 3 days and I think that is the maximum time allowed. I drove that rental in 2004 for weeks, lol.

Morning All,

Sun is shining and we are in for a lovely weekend. I think I'm going to have my husband dig some holes for me in the backyard this weekend to plant the azalea bushes my company sent to his mom's funeral. The blooms have all died, but assuming the survive show grow back next spring. I read that they can get up to 6 feet tall. They should look lovely next to my lilac bush.

KT - good luck with the rental, I bet your company will cover it, and then go after the other gal's to pay for it. That's what usually happens. I've had my own nightmare with that after hubby's car got hit the last time, the insurance company didn't want to pay for the rental car on weekends, which would have been fine, but they also didn't want to pay for a new rim and insisted on shipping one in for the body shop to use.

They shipped it out late on a Thursday from Ohio, didn't make it to the shop until Monday. They weren't going to pay for the rental until the body shop pointed out the car would have been done Friday had they not made us wait for their part, which turned out to be in worse shape than the one on our car. They did end up paying for the rental for the weekend.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

My neighbor who hit my car was surprise, surprise, uninsured and paid me cash for the damage done. He lucked out that the body shop painted the door under the "hail" damage claim. He did pay me in full for his portion of the damage, so I had no one to go after.

My stepmom just called. My dad hurt himself at physical therapy. X-rays have been ordered. Waiting to see if he dislocated his hip or just strained it. :cry:

Almost fully packed and ready to fly out tomorrow at 4:00am - can't wait!

Wow Noel, you were up and at it early. Good luck on your long day at work!

Poirot - what's even worse is when they are ruffling through your things looking for something and you drop everything you're doing go over to where they are and they say oh here it is!

Good luck on your tests, A Guy!

Amanda - we have an Azalea bush in our yard too! They are just getting ready to bloom. We were told to plant it close to the house facing North and we have had really good luck. Still growing!

Robinsnest - that was some hail storm. I have never seen hail much bigger than a pea! Wow

Busy day at work, and it doesn't help I just don't want to be here!

Have a great day
Shannon

Manda, there is something extra good about azaleas, deer don't seem to find them tasty. :) They, and rabbits, favor lilacs and tulips. :(

Good evening. Wishing IamRed a wonderful trip.

I just now finally caught up reading the days of Donuts I'd missed. Kt, I'm sorry about your fender bender. Glad there was insurance, but still, that's stressful.

A. Guy, wish I had a raccoon catcher person. Hope your tests went well.

Things have been pretty quiet here. Rain missed us, mostly, this week, but has been heavy, muggy feeling. Headache today. I didn't even try to do anything. Took a little nap in the afternoon, after not sleeping much last night.

Shan, hello, if you stop in after the busy hours.

Wishing everyone a good evening and weekend.

Back