4-29-2016 - Donuts & Frenzy

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a fabulous day. This week has been so busy and I am so happy it is the weekend. Time to catch up on my R&R. This past week I went out and bought myself a new phone. :) I am so happy with my purchase and I absolutely love it and the way the phone runs. I have a few things to get done before it is 100% operational but I have been using it for some things already. I can not wait to fully use it! Work has been really busy as well so I am really embracing not doing anything but just relaxing. :) There is never a dull moment at work as there is always something to fill the time.

The weather has been awful this week as it has been so cold. I do not know where spring went. Up where I live, we are struggling to get to the 60s. 60 F would actually be a really warm day here. I am really hoping this is not a prelude to what summer is going to be like. :(

I hope that all of you have a fantastic Friday evening. Much love to each one of you!

OC, are there any trappers nearby? Was reading the other day that raccoon fur prices are down, though.

The worst part of today's test (ultrasound) was the (censored) parking lot! Jam-packed, and narrow spaces. :angry: Dying of thirst on the way out; spotted a drinking fountain in the lobby. The water pressure was too low; would have been necessary to be in contact with that metal guard, no way! :eek:
That reminded me of a trick we used to pull in grade school. There was a way you could put a piece of cardboard in the nozzle guard that would make the water shoot a foot in the air, washing the face of the next user. :)

A. Guy, raccoon trappers? I'm not sure whether you are kidding or not. I didn't know anybody had trapped raccoons for their furs in decades, maybe a century. I have traps but I'm not going to mess with them. Anyway, the raccoons aren't causing me trouble right now. But I still feel disgust when I look out at dusk and see them--or see their paw prints on the glass of my French doors.

Someone gave me a trapping magazine; it looks like there are still quite a few fur-harvesters. It mentioned that prices are down, and that some trappers are holding furs until the market improves. Russia buys a lot of fur. Can foresee a bounty being being offered in problem areas. I pretty much have a "live and let live" attitude toward wildlife, but would prefer that creatures remain in their assigned seats. :)

Kt, ha ha, who can tell what is of interest to a raccoon? Anything that can be destroyed, I'm sure. They live to cause destruction!

Well, the things I learn here! I figured there would be laws against trapping raccoons for furs, in today's society. If not laws, then I expected there would be no market at all. I suppose it's no different from trapping hogs, except that most people think raccoons are so cute. Nearly all furs seem to be synthetic these days. But yes, I can see how that might not be so in Russia.

A. Guy, I'm pretty much with you on the live and let live, but yes, assigned seats would be good!! And I don't even want to hear this business about how the animals were here before we were. Where I live, there is plenty of room for creatures and critters outside of my house and yard!

Back