5-26-2018 - Donuts & Seep Ins

Noel

Reaction score
Isn't Saturday for sleeping in late? Well, not when children have sleep-ins with their 'besties'. I need a nap after being up only 15 minutes and maybe 15 minutes sleep over night.:)

Whatever your schedule today, I hope you had a good nights sleep and a leisurely morning. Enjoy all the holiday weekend festivities as we 'salute' those who gave us our freedoms.

Time to make breakfast because the 'besties' are 'amost starving'.

Good morning everyone.

It is going to be in the mid 80s here. That is way too hot for this time of year. It should only just be hitting 70*.

I had awful nightmares most of the night that kept waking me up. I'm in need of a nap already, too.

I've been reading since 5:00 AM so guess I better get moving.

Reposting these here from yesterday's Donuts in case folks don't go back to read the last posts.

Yes, it does. But, it won't let me see them without the "Windows" password. Evidently, this is something else the last "update" from Windows 10 did.

I have a small notebook with all of my passwords. It is kept in a fire proof lock box not only for a time when I may have a problem with my computer. It is mainly there so my family can get into my accounts if something happens to me.

My cousin has the extra key to the lock box so it can be accessed if necessary.

It's sunny and close to 90. After lunch, I did my favorite thing. mow. I mowed
all of the big part. I took a break and wanted to finish later, but it would have
been right at 90. So, I went back out. I plan to finish the yard tomorrow.

rs, I hope you sleep better tonight.

I hope everyone will have a good rest of the day and evening.

Hello. I've been down with a migraine. Still not over it. It started yesterday morning but I went on to the nursing home, hoping it would get better. By the time I got home late in the day it was getting much worse. A miserable night. Finally got so I could eat something about an hour ago but my head won't quit hurting. I've hardly been off the couch.

Last night in bed I was noticing how my chest was finally getting much better from that fall a couple of weeks ago, then later, I was trying to throw up and something in there popped or pulled once again and got it sore and hurting again. As I've heard my daughter-in-law say, "I'm pretty sure my body hates me."

When everything is so quiet in my surroundings, it's easy to hear mysterious bumps and thumps. I got out of bed once last night to check out a bump. Couldn't see anything out of place but this morning I noticed a cup in the drainboard had fallen over. At one point I heard a noise outside the glass French doors. I turned on the porch light and there was the crazy raccoon. It had climbed up the handrails and was sniffing around the light fixture (I have quit putting the hummingbird feeder there and had brought them inside last night anyway, so nothing there). I had my nose up against the glass, looking out at him, so he bent over and stuck his nose against the glass on the outside. Okay, raccoon kisses are disgusting, even when separated by a glass! Finally, this morning I heard a thud, sounded like against the house. Got up and looked out. The yard was full of cows. I'm guessing one bumped into a metal lawn chair or something. I may have to go to town to find some peace and quiet! Not really.

Wishing all of you a good day. Needless to say, I'm staying home today.

Good afternoon. The party went well.

Norman 7 th birthday.jpg Norm and Daniel birthday 2018.jpg

Birthday boy and his cake and candle. Older "boys" reacting to each other's gifts.

It isn't raining today and it isn't warm. Mr. Gus is very confused but as long as I'm in sight, things are almost okay. Poor confused little man.

I hope everyone is having a good start to their weekend.

Squirrel: hope a restful nap and awake energized for the rest of the day. Smart move about the lock box.

Poirot: after months of snowy cold, and too much rain, it is too hot? Sounds like the crazy weather our nation seems to get everywhere nowadays. Hope your mornings and evenings are nicer temps.

Kat: hope you have something planned for fun tonight after working so hard at mowing the lawn in the heat. Enjoy your evening.

OC: by the time you read this I hope your migraine has finally departed, the sounds in the house/yard have quieted, and you are able to rest completely.

Robin: thanks for sharing those happy pictures with us all. And give Mr Gus an extra pat on the head for being a brave traveler. Enjoy every moment!

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a fabulous day. Today has been a pretty good day but a migraine is keeping me from enjoying my Saturday completely. I went out this morning to get some groceries and went to the mall to do some shopping. I spoiled myself as I picked up a few items I had wanted. After shopping, I came home and had lunch but I was starting to get a headache so I took some medication and took a nap. I woke up from nap still not feeling well but I did some chores around the house. Right now I'm relaxing but can still feel my headache. I think it might be weather related.

The weather here has been cloudy, a bit rainy and sunny. Right now it is cloudy and 79*C here, a really warm evening for this time of year. I actually have the air conditioner running.

OC: I hope that your migraine eases and you get better really soon.

Wishing all of you a splendid Saturday evening. Sending each one of you so much happiness.

Sweetie, I think the weather is wreaking havoc on a lot of us with migraines. Sure hope you get relief soon. Hope you can enjoy most of your weekend.

Noel, thanks, I am better, though my head just doesn't seem to want to ease completely. Hope you got those besties filled up!

Kat, I haven't stuck my head out all day except to hang up the 2 hummingbird feeders. It's very hot out anyway. Glad you got most of your yard mowed.

Robin, I'm glad you checked in and shared the pictures. The one young man must have gotten something pretty funny! Cute pictures!

Squirrel, I hope you got a nap, after having the nightmares disturb your sleep. I like your idea of a lock box. I bought one myself a year or more ago. It is still under the bed, unused. I just haven't gotten around to fooling with it.

Poirot, I'm wondering if the a/c in your new place keeps you cool. Probably it comes down to how much you want to spend to keep it running at a comfortable level.

Back