7/7/17 - Donuts and a Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Heather. Have a wonderful day

3100130bba44gthfy.gif

YAY!!!! Happy Birthday! I raise my coffee cup in cheers to you on your special day, Heather! BIG HUG.

Hope everyone is having a fantabulous Friday! I sure am. The coffee is strong, and it isn't blazing hot outside...yet.

Well, the super duper storm that was supposed to hit here suddenly veered south so I only got a few sprinkles. The high winds and hail didn't appear either. Folks 2 miles from me got hammered. The weather people are still watching storms to the northeast to see if we'll get hit later this afternoon or tonight.

Just a plain happy birthday from me, Heather, but my wishes are big and fun, like all the wonderful Disney cakes you've already received.

Poirot, last night I kept thinking about your medicine shortage. I saw something on the news just days ago about how we are in for some serious shortages of medications. I don't mean to get into anything political but the report said it had to do with the problems in our health care system. I couldn't explain it if I tried but it was sobering to hear.

I'm thinking of putting off my trip to Wal-Mart until the first of the week. The husband seems extra tired this morning. He just had a bath and went right to sleep as soon as he got back in his chair. I've got plenty to do anyway, including some paperwork. We had fog this morning but looks like it will be sunny and hot for the rest of the day.

Squirrel, I'm glad you dodged that bullet. Hope no other bad ones materialize.

Happy Birthday Heather!!! Hope it's wonderful! G'day everyone.

Rained this morning and cloudy now, but they say sun will appear later, and it's in the 80sF for a high today. I took two days off of my science work after the extension, so probably should get back to it tonight. Will be reading the Days summary later, and going to the gym as well. Hope all of you have a nice day.

Yes, medication refills are a pain. I'm on a very old, but works for me, drug, which just recently had it's controlled substance level changed. So now, it is more difficult to obtain and, of course, costs more. I am constantly asked to try a different, newer drug. But why??? This works.

I didn't add we had lightning in the sky last night. So perhaps the monsoons are on their way. Pretty much that means lightning, thunder and dust storms. Some areas get pounded by rain. For the last two years, that wasn't us. Just the Haboobs and chewable air. What fun.

Happy Birthday Heather -- Have a good one. Here's cake that's themed to the weather we had this morning -- a real downpour -- the kind of weather that never happens in Salem. (This is unfortunate. It might be interesting to see Jenny and Kate looking like a pair of drowned rats.)

80b69686332c7d520640aba66105a92b--weather-rain-boat-cake.jpg

DBF, Jenny and Kate as drowned rats--that would be worth watching!

J.S., Wal-Mart does that, with making me have a consultation when I pick up some of the husband's meds, which he's taken for years. I have to admit it irritates me. The small, locally owned drug store I use in another town doesn't do that. Say, that's a cute troll, in a funny sort of way. I agree with Squirrel that you'd be cuter though.

Robin, if the meds are working, stay with them so long as they aren't addictive. Like my dad used to say, "Go with what you know." Your description of your monsoon is a little haunting but interesting and well said.

Degrassi, you've got good discipline. I'm afraid if I took time off from science, I'd never go back to it. What am I talking about? I would not get involved with science in the first place. It was horrible for me in high school and the one semester of college that I took it. I know you will do well though.

Happy Birthday Heather - hope you have an awesome day!

Well we're to hit 100 today. It's been hot here and lots of fires too. My granddaughter is still talking about our earthquake we had Wednesday night. She said she sat up in bed and thought there was ghosts in her room shaking her bed!

RS - I'm glad the storm went around you and hopefully continues to do so!

OC - sounds like a good idea to just take it easy and try Walmart next week!

Have a great day

J.S., does her mama know about your mischievous streak? I hope you two partners in crime don't get in trouble! :)

Shan, grass fires AND earthquakes? Your poor little granddaughter. No hiding under the bed from ghosts in a situation like that! I hope conditions improve for your area--soon.

I sat here earlier and fell asleep for nearly an hour. Good thing I didn't go to town! When I woke up I was so cold I went outside and walked around for a while to warm up. :rolleyes: It's 96* but it felt good for a little while. We have an old water tower in our back yard. It hasn't been used since my childhood days, when water was pumped up the hill from a well with a windmill, and stored in the overhead tank to be gravity fed into the house. I've just recently noticed where the pipe goes into an opening on top of the tank, there is a huge clump of honey bees. There's no telling how much honey may be inside that tank.

Good afternoon everyone, and Happy, Happy Day to Heather. Hope she is out having a lot of fun, and not having to fly somewhere for work. Been a super busy day so far, feel almost as if I am chasing my tail, trying to get things done. So many phone calls today, Amazing. Trying to wash clothes, organize some files, get rid of junk mail, no idea how it piles up, as I try to get rid of things right away, obviously have not been doing a good job of it. Have bills to pay yet, stuff out of dryer and start dinner. Where the blazes did this day go.

Oh, yeah, ANOTHER sudden thunderstorm, lightning, heavy, heavy rain, lasted about 45 min, and sun is back out. At least no hail today.

I think it might be a federal law perhaps about the "consultation" at the pharmacies. Ours does it to everyone. One med I have been taking about 10 years, another about 5, so the pharmacist always says any questions....nope, been taking this for years. Fine, they say. I did ask tho about this replacement one, though. I notice on the bottle it cannot be renewed, so assume they would go back to the 1st one if available by then. This one is more expensive. Grrrr. No wonder the other more popular.

Back