7/7/17 - Donuts and a Happy Birthday!

I was gone most of the today and I will be tomorrow too. Goldie has to be outside
when I'm not at home. And today not the best day to be outside. Over 90

Having a shortage of medications sounds scary. Will prices go up?

Noel, that's awful and not a record that needs breaking,

rs, I'm glad the storms missed you this time around.

OC, should I send Winnie the Pooh to your house to eat the honey?

I hope everyone has a good night.

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a fabulous day. Today has been a pretty good day. I went to work, came home and had my family Friday dinner, which was spaghetti. After dinner I did some things around the house and right now I am relaxing and watching some television for the evening. Life is good and tomorrow is Saturday. YAY!

The weather was really hot today but this evening we had a thunderstorm so the weather has definitely cooled down. Right now it is cloudy and 73 F here.

Heather: Wishing you a Happy Birthday! I hope that you are having a fun and magical day!

Wishing all of you a fantastic Friday evening. Sending much happiness to each one of you.

Ooh, Kat, that's a good idea. Winnie the Pooh could live on honey forever here. There's probably still some in my walls and in the attic, from years past. I'm sorry you have to leave Goldie outside. We always had outside dogs, even in our heat, but it's easier if they live in it (hot or cold) all the time so they can adapt. Hard for animals and humans to be in and out in extreme temperatures. But so long as she has shade and plenty of water, she should be all right.

Happy birthday, Heather. I hope you had a wonderful day.

It has been hot here in Northern California. Noel and Robinsnest have been sending their hot weather our way. It was 100 degrees today. However, while it can be hot during the day, we do get fog from the bay at night which even reaches inland enough to lower the temperature to the 60s, so at least no hot nights (except when the air conditioner went out a few weeks ago and the house would not cool off enough before we went to bed :angry:).

Prescriptions are a pain. My mother's medical plan changed this year, and she has a couple of medications that they will only give her a 30 day supply for. They are not pain medications and I do not have to sign for them like they make you do for narcotics, so we cannot figure out why these two she only gets 30 days supply. I have tried to ask the pharmacy about it but they say on her plan she only gets 1 month supply at a time. However, she has other medications that she gets100 days at a time for which she then pays 3 copays for. She wouldn't mind if she could get those two for 3 months so she wouldn't seem to run out so fast.

I also have a medication I have been taking for about 12 years which I have to get evey month after labwork with a nurse practitioner who overseas the lab results then calls the medication in. It is not an automatic renewal. However, because it is called in like that, the pharmacy treats it like a new prescription and wants me to consult with the pharmacist each time. The pharmacy has the situation that I can "refuse" consultation which the clerk then has a pharmacist sign off on and then I can go without it.

Thanks for all the birthday love everyone. I'm hungry for cake now :) It was a pretty low key day but my Zumba class had a Disney themed class for me and then I went out to lunch with a few of the girls. I did have to do some work calls in the afternoon and then went out to dinner with the hubby. He is working today so we will do a more formal dinner this weekend.

I'm on the West Coast all next week first in Phoenix for a day then Disneyland the rest of the week. I'm attending the D23 conference which happens every other year. It's kind of like a Comic Con but for Disney fans. I went in 2015 and loved it. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Back