8-15-17 - Donuts and Moonbeams

Old Cowgirl

Reaction score
It's after 4:00 a.m. here now so I guess it's time to start a thread. I went to bed at 11:00 and slept for a little over an hour. Tried again a little while ago and it didn't work so here I am. A couple of hours ago the radar showed a big line of thunderstorms that seemed to be heading right toward us. Now it is going northeast and is crossing the Red River heading into Oklahoma. The moon and stars are shining here. That's okay we've had several inches over the past couple of weeks, which is most unusual for August.

I hope the rest of you are sleeping peacefully. Time for some of you to be getting up though, probably. Have a good day.

Good morning from the very foggy north country. Sure looks like that foggy London town out there, except no buildings, just trees. LOL.

Hummers have been going bananas the last several days. They are finishing a feeder in 5 hours, where as it used to take them all day!

Yesterday was a mention of WalMart changing things around every so often, they are not the only ones, supermarket does it as well. Drives me up a wall. Run in for an item only it is not there any more, have to hunt around for it, finally locating what was a top shelf, left side at beginning of aisle, now on right side, bottom shelf, other end. Grrrr.

Been told the idea is to force customers to note other items, perhaps entice them to try a completely different product. LOL.

I remember when bread crumbs were always located nearby the bread, but then could not find them anywhere. Turned out they were now located several aisles away with the rice, flour,dried beans. Took months and months, but the store finally realized they were not selling bread crumbs as much as before, so put them near the bread & buns again. Voila!

OC, hope you get some naps today. Ugh on the inability to nod off. Too much on our minds, for sure.

Well, our low was supposed to be under 80, but turned out to be 83. So now it is 95 at 6:40am. So much for a cool down in August.:rolleyes:

I slept from 11:15pm to 4am. Then no matter how I moved, breathed or sighed I could not go back to sleep. So I took a tylenol and am still wide awake. So now online to catch up with forum friends.

Today I am still waiting on my tires.:angry:

Hope everyone else had a great nights sleep and is rested and energetic to start a new day.

OC: I sure wish you luck today staying awake without a nap. Half an hour is next to no sleep at all. Wishing you a light and easy day free of cares.

Morning all.

Today is an office day. Hunny Bunny will be home all day so Mr. Gus will guard him, leaving me to fend off the tigers and bears by myself. :)

I HATE it when stores move things, or put them where it makes no sense to my mind. Example: cooking sherry. I THINK it should be with the spices or baking materials. But at one store, it's with the alcohol, because it's sherry. I found it at that store by asking a clerk. "IF you were a bottle of cooking sherry, where would you be?" of course I found the ONLY person in the world who did not know what cooking sherry was. But the store manager did and was amazed it wasn't with the baking materials.

Noel - Good luck with the tires.

OC - I hope you get some rest.

Poirot - we have hummers like mad here. They have, however, given up on one of the feeders as the woodpecker family has claimed it. We have 3 feeders, so the hummers fight over two and the woodpeckers use the 3rd one.

Happy Tuesday all.

It's going to be a party cloudy day and in the 80s. I did beetle patrol after breakfast.
I picked up petals and found a few beetles. I'll be going out again later in the
day. I spent time in my flowerbed. I almost had a good video of the hummingbird,
but I hit picture instead of video. I'll try again tomorrow.

When I was putting things back in the garage, I left door open. I heard that sound.
The hummer was looking in to see what was going on. I laughed.

Noel, I hope you've been calling to find out where your tires are. Hopefully, they
will be rolling in any day now.

OC, I'm sorry you didn't get much sleep last night.

Poirot, you're right about why stores move things. It's a pain. Worse than that is
when they reset a store and everything is who knows where. Part of the reason
is vendors who pay to have their items more accessible than other vendors.

robin, have a good work day.

I hope everyone has the best day possible and good night's rest.

Picture of the hummer.
Hummingbird small.jpg

Robin: hope your day goes smoothly as catching up always is a hassle after a few days off.

Poirot: Walmart spends a fortune on 'zoning' out areas to move products. It still aggravates me to this day.

Kat: Yes, I keep calling and being told 'it is stuck in processing'. Not much else I can do but wait. I will never recommend Walmart for online delivery and/or auto services.

Hello everyone. I am taking a day off from calling either mental health or the Chevrolet dealership. I'm just too frustrated to deal with them today and I want to keep making my list about issues with my car.

I picked the car up around 5:15 PM yesterday. They had left it running until I got there and told me the battery was bad. I also noticed the speedometer wasn't working. I charged the battery overnight and tried to start the car this morning. It spit and sputtered at first, but finally cranked. The battery did its job, but it is still under warranty if it's bad. I don't know why the mechanic couldn't figure this out (or just try charging it) and told me to buy a new battery. The sticker on the battery is for May 2014 and right on the front it says five year warranty. :rolleyes:

There are also three of four bolts missing from my engine cover. The mechanic asked me if someone else had worked on the car in the past. I firmly told him NO, only this company, except for oil changes. This is quite suspicious, since this a dealer and I'd think they could replace the bolts THEY LOST. I also saw the red plastic cover for my positive battery terminal was missing. I did find it at the bottom of the engine compartment, below the battery.

I want to check other things before I call tomorrow (lights, fuses, whatever I can think of). I'm beginning to think I have the cursed amulet and am the one who killed Deimos, lol!

Take care everyone.

Edited to add: I DID tell the mechanic, several times, that I'd run the battery down trying to start the car before it was towed to the shop. Another :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
kt - that reminds me of the time my Dodge Caravan was in the shop for some work that, well, was way more work that originally planned. The garage called and asked me when I had removed and dropped the head. Excuse me??? The what? I told them that if it had been removed and dropped then it had been done by them.

Needless to say, we ended up in small claims court, and a whole bunch of other really bad things happened, beyond me NEVER EVER NEVER EVER owning a Dodge product again.

Should I be lucky enough to ever win one, I will donate it to the local veterans center. It will never be parked at my house. (yes, the entire ownership of the car and treatment by the dealership was that bad)

I hope things work out better for you.

OC - I hope you're sleeping, you poor thing. My daughter is going through about the same thing. Migraines and not sleeping. Then the baby awake all night. She finally went in to see the doctor for more meds and he said with the barometric pressure going up and down is what causes the migraines. LOL

Poirot - it is funny how the stores move everything around to try and get you to see more of the store. Then when you can't find something, and have to ask, the employees freak out because they are afraid you are the secret shopper.

Noel - you poor thing, still waiting for those tires. They have been a nightmare for you. Between your medical insurance and tires you have to about had it. Good luck. I'm glad you weren't headed out of town on your old tires.

Robin - good luck in the office without Mr Gus to fend off all the bears.

Kat - I do that all the time! Hit video when I want pic, and pic when I want video.

KT - I don't blame you for taking a day off from the rat race of it all. Sometimes you just have to walk away and regroup with more ammo. Enjoy your day!

Another nice day here with clear skies and up in the higher 80's! We took a long bike ride last night and I enjoyed it so much. It seems like it has been a long time between the sinus surgery and kidney stones.

Have a great day.

Noel, maybe you should order tires from some place else and cancel your order.

Long story shortened Kat: when I requested a refund this morning, after being told the order was still "in processing', they finally told me the truth:

The email sent me last Monday, Aug 7, after ordering/paying online, said the order had shipped and was due at local store on Thursday, Aug 10. In fact they were short a set of 4 so the warehouse back-ordered them. They are supposed to ship today and arrive at store by Thursday by 6pm.

Sounds like a Salem PD story to me but it was done before I called. So, you know the rest of the story til Thursday.

Shan - the best news was reading your kidney stone episode seems far away. Happy you are healed even of the memory and enjoying your life.

Oh my, reading about everyone's troubles and hassles makes me think of the Old Testament verse from the book of Job: Man is born unto trouble, as the sparks fly upward. For some reason, the way that is worded always makes me grin, even though the reality of it isn't funny.

Kt, your dealer shop sounds plain sloppy! Noel, your Wal-Mart tire shop could be described similarly. It seems they should have contacted you before back ordering.

Robin, wait, are you saying you don't recommend Dodge? Lol....

Shan, your bike ride sounds nice--IF the smoke is staying away. I feel for your daughter. If you are having barometric changes on top of all the smoke you've had, she doesn't stand a chance. I know weather changes cause migraines. Maybe it can cause insomnia too. We're having an exceptionally long spell of humidity, rain, thunderstorms, etc. and my insomnia is the worst it's been in a long time.

Kat, hummingbird entertainment is a real treat. Thanks for showing us that cute picture! The other day I was standing outside the door on the landing, talking to my niece on the phone, when a hummingbird buzzed right up in front of my face and hovered. It startled me at first, then it came back a couple of times and did it again. Strange. I have feeders on either side of the door so maybe it was trying to tell me to get away from its feeding area??

Poirot, I wonder if your hummingbirds are getting tanked up in preparation for their flight south. I've been wondering if my keepers have already left and maybe the ones I see now are passing through. I know it seems early, but lately I'll go days without seeing any, then there will be a flurry of activity for a couple of days, etc.

Home health nurse came this morning. The therapist will come this afternoon, later. This will be the last day for the therapist. She just signed him up for three weeks. She has gotten him up and walked him across the room with a walker but he doesn't get beyond that (same as last year when she came for a longer time), and it's not something he's going to be able to do without her close supervision, so there's really no point in continuing. The nurse will come once a week for at least a couple of months.

KT: so sorry I missed replying to your post -- twice. :sad: So sorry about all your difficulties with vehicular repair and medications. Life seems to hit us with '3s' on a bad turn. Great idea to make a list before speaking with the Dodge dealer again! Wishing you all the best and hope you can see the starry sky tonight. That always relaxes me! :hug:

Hi everyone. It has just been one of those days, but I got a few things accomplished including 2 bags of old things for the trash and 2 bags of things for the church rummage sale.

Friend Cindy called me as I was going out the door to tell me that she needed help with Jim's computer. It did the Windows 10 updates, and now he couldn't log in to any of his websites or Netflix. Um, I told her to make sure the Cap Lock wasn't turned on. Yep, problem solved.

This is heartbreaking because Jim is a computer wiz who built computers, wrote programs, etc. for decades. He just can't function much with them since all of the problems from Agent Orange. ..strokes. diabetes, paralysis, vision loss.

I make it to the county sheriff's office (45 minutes one way) to renew my concealed carry permit. Nope. The state servers were down. Grrr. Thank goodness the deputy knows me from working at health fairs with her. She offered to do everything including my photo then upload it to the state when it comes back online. She'll mail it to me to save me another trip.

Cindy called again just as I got home. Jim fell, and she couldn't find anyone to help get him up. Off I went. He had decided to go out to the porch to get the mail while Cindy was in the shower, but he didn't use his walker. Luckily, he just has a few scrapes on his knees and elbows that nurse Cindy cleaned up.

Noel - I bet your tires were delivered to your local Walmart then they sold them out from under you.

kt - you've really been through h-e-double-hockey-sticks with your car and meds.

Kat - thank you for the hummingbird pic.

Robinsnest - that's how I feel about our local Honda dealer.

Shanrick - Oh, your poor daughter. Migraines and no sleep with a crying baby have to be so draining of all her energy.

Poirot - my Walmart is always moving things around. The phone app is about 95% correct in telling me what aisle they're in. The main problem is half the time the aisle numbers and letters are missing from the end caps.

OC - I feel for you. I couldn't sleep so was up reading until 2:00. Then slept until 6:00. Now I'm struggling to stay awake.

KT, I hope your car problems will work out OK (including the battery,). Just a small word of warning, that you probably already know about... battery warranties are usually pro-rated. Sometimes cheaper to just buy a battery, ignoring the warranty.
Was it a Chevy dealer who was dealing with your fuel injectors/engine computer? It sounds as though the mechanic was in a little to much of a hurry while he was finishing the job. I'm sorry you are having to deal with all the balogna!

Robin, is that Dodge dealer still in business? It sounds like they shouldn't be!

Back