9-20-2016 - Donuts and fog?

Wayne

WebHamster
Reaction score
Good morning,

How on this big ol' Earth did we get to 10:07 AM EST without someone creating a Donuts thread?

Anyway, it's 69 and foggy here. Took half a day off yesterday and slept. Driving long distances takes it out of me apparently.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Wayne

All I want to do is go to sleep.

Get some rest...!

I was that way yesterday. Drove back from Canton to DC on Sunday, about 5.5 hours, but I just could NOT get started Monday.

Went to work, went through the motions, went home at lunch, don't even remember getting into bed... Normally drives don't take that much out of me, but wow. Yesterday was killer.

Wayne

LOL, I do not need total shock in the morning......WAYNE began the donut thread?? Wonders never cease....lol. We had a nice sunrise, but it has now clouded over, I have been trying to get some things done this a.m. and was to get into town early, but here I still am, so it will have to be this afternoon. Same thing happened to me yesterday. We are having cooler nites, and high 60s/ maybe low 70s during the day, so I know the lighter weight clothes will no longer be used much, if at all. Started moving a few things. (I have a "change of seasons" space in one closet, so have been putting a couple things in there, while putting some things in the bag for Salvation Army/Goodwill.

P.S. Hubby is turning the furnace on, and I keep lowering the thermostat. It is truly a war about it. Too early says me, he is "chilly". So, put on a sweater. LOL

Morning.

I had a 7:20 appointment today and the doctor finally saw me at 8. His 6 am strolled in just before me and wanted to be seen NOW!!! Snooty person.

We have a high cloud cover today and a 40% chance of rain. That would be exciting, but it will still be 90 degrees, so it's not cool. But soon fall will be coming, maybe.

Happy Tuesday

Good afternoon everyone. I was out super early to head to schools out in the very rural areas of my territory. I tried checking in, but cell phone reception was very spotty. I could only get bars for a few seconds at the top of each hill. At least I got to see a few maple trees that have already turned red.

Wayne, were you in Canton, Ohio? Visiting the Pro Football Hall of Fame? When I take people there (50 minutes for me), people are surprised that the Hall is sandwiched in between Canton McKinley High School and the residential area.

Wayne, were you in Canton, Ohio? Visiting the Pro Football Hall of Fame? When I take people there (50 minutes for me), people are surprised that the Hall is sandwiched in between Canton McKinley High School and the residential area.
Hi,

Yes. I was in Canton (well "North Canton" anyway) over the weekend. I hate labels, but if I have to select one, I guess I'll just have to say that my "girlfriend" lives there with her daughter and nearby family. When I go up, I stay in the new SpringHill Suites off of Dressler between the Belden Mall and "The Strip". If you're visiting people need a hotel, I could not possibly give it a higher recommendation based on my time staying there.

I really love Canton. Kinda reminds me of home (Huntsville) and I'd move there in a heartbeat if only I could find a government job there. The only thing that concerns me is that they no longer have any industry whatsoever that would drive new growth for the city... That's a bad thing... :(

Haven't made it to the Hall of Fame yet. Not a huge football fan really, but it might be interesting some day.

Wayne

I know the hotel that you're talking about, Wayne. It is a nice place to stay.

Sometime when you're in North Canton, you should take a little side trip (about 20 miles west) to Orrville, Ohio. I love the quaint little town, and it smells marvelous from the Smuckers jelly and jam plants. The Smuckers store is on the other end of town from the plant, and it looks like the big barn from the commercials.

Another summer day here. It will be all week. A busy morning at the school library.
I'm finally done with the 500 number books getting the picture of the covers in the system.
A lot of the books didn't have one at all.

Sherlock, my cat, is feeling better. He's outside resting today. I'll have to give him medicine later.
I usually do it when he's sleeping.

robin, I hope you'll send a letter to the doctor's office and complain. Person was late.
Person should have had to wait for their turn. If the doctor has a Facebook page, I would
post there too. I hope the rest of your day has been better.

Wayne, thanks for starting donuts this morning. I hope you're rested from your trip.

OC, I hope you'll sleep better tonight.

I hope everyone has a wonderful afternoon and evening.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

Rainy and in the 70s here.

robin, if I had been in charge of that doctor's office I would have told that snotty woman to reschedule and charged her a missed appointment fee. Then again I'm the worst.:rotfl:

Wayne, sometimes driving can just take a lot out of you.

Glad you finished your project kat.

Poirot, it is way too early to turn on the heat especially if it's just in the 70s/60s.

Working 3-10 today. Hopefully the rain will keep the crazies away. Yeah...right.:rotfl:

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

OC - so sorry about another sleepness night! Don't you wish we could just turn a switch and go to sleep??

Poirot - your highs and lows are about identical to ours! I can't imagine turning on the heat though.

Robinsnest - There isn't anything that will make me more mad than waiting past my assigned appointment. I have walked out before and let them know (loudly) I will not be paying for the appointment, after waiting and waiting.

I went to get my hair done one time, the appointment was at 4:00pm. I sat until 4:45 and started to leave and the girl said "I'm so sorry but the two ahead of you were over an hour late so it's put me behind". I said then you should have told them you couldn't fit them in. Never went back.

Kat - I'm glad your cat is better! They always seem to bounce back quickly once they get some medicine!

Iam-Red - I don't know about your store, but when it rains, the Walgreens here are packed! I guess people think they can just mill around??

Beautiful day here - no wind! Work has been crazy though and seems like we just can't get caught up.

Has anyone heard from Manda?

Have a great day.

I have left doctor's offices when I've waited quite some time. And I've gone up and demanded my money back. "But the doctor will see you next". Well too dang bad, I've been here an hour and my time is just as important as doctors.

Today was different. This woman was very much a Scottsdale Trophy wife. The car, the purse, the clothes, the paid for face and other amended body parts, if you get my drift. Putting her into a room soon was the only way to stop her rant. If it happens again, you can rest assured I will not be quiet.

Robin, a doctor sees patients at 6 am? Wow! The ones I've been to don't start until around 9-10. And I have ever in my whole life been to only one who kept appointment schedules right on time. He was very strict about it. It was my youngest son's pediatrician in Pennsylvania, in 1977.

Kat, you give your cat medicine when it is asleep? That sounds tricky.

Shan, oh yes, if only there were a switch for sleeping. I was doing so much better for about six months, and then just recently went all the way back to being up all night or for several hours in the night. I have no idea why I got better after many years or why I got worse again. No clue at all.

Noel, bless your heart, I hope you are feeling better real soon.

Hello everyone. I slept for a long time last night and didn't get up until 8:00am. I did some things around the house, finally took a shower and went to the store after the Treat Wagon came, lol. It must be one of those days for some of us.

I found ants on my hummer feeder again. I've already sprayed Raid around there, but discovered a small part of the screen from the porch was touching the feeder (Remmy has pushed some screens out trying to see what is going on), giving ants a bridge, lol. I took care of that by tacking the screen back to the wood. Goodbye ants, I hope! I can say, the ants were not happy that I messed their convoy up, lol.

Take care friends!

Back