9-25-17 - Donuts and Hot!!

Hello folks. I've been trying to read and post here for a couple of hours, to no avail. I kept getting interrupted. Remmy just absolutely had to go out and then my neighbor came over. "Best laid plans" and all that, lol. It's a beautiful, breezy day. I saw the resident lizard and Brave Squirrel lll. The squirrel was hightailing it across the yard with what looked like a wadded up plastic shopping bag. I suppose those may have some use in her nest? LOL

Well, JS, they are good for some hearty belly laughs!!:clap:

KT: glad you were determined to overcome the obstacles and post today. Love that you saw the lizard and lady squirrel hard at work prepping for winter. A plastic bag? That is a first for me, although I have seen squirrels harvest papers. Hope your Monday is a pleasant one as you enjoy the weather and critters.

JS: shopping?! :rotfl:

Finally made it here. First day back from Alabama and we had piles! We had a really good time and saw a lot. North Carolina is so beautiful and green. We are so brown that the green was so nice.

Hope everyone is well. I will read through when I get my piles down a bit!

Missed you all!

A busy day for me. Bible study cancelled because she's sick. It worked out since I
had extra chores today.

Monday is cleaning day and I always brush Goldie. Today a bug flew off. I'm not sure
what kind. I sprayed her with the stuff the vet has to spray on pets. I washed the bedding
in her doghouse. Then I cleaned doghouse and sprayed. After lunch, I moved three
more cans of leaves.

Muzzaman, I'm glad you got the role of Mr Banks.

JS, I've watched TV shows I thought were great when I was a kid and I don't understand
why now. I love the songs in Sound of Music, but the movie is too long.

robin, I watch Mr Magoo's Christmas Carol every year too.

manda, I'm glad the Girl Scout hike went well.

OC, I hope your headache is gone.

Noel, I'm glad you had cool morning.

red, feel better soon.

rs, I'm glad you got your package of goodies.

shan, I'm glad you had a good trip.

kt, too bad you didn't get picture of the squirrel and it's prize.

I hope everyone has a good rest of the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good evening. I slept for 1 1/2 hr. after taking the pill this morning and woke up completely wiped out but fairly pain free, which all of you fellow migraine sufferers know, is an almost euphoric feeling.

It has been raining lightly and is now 75*. Very nice but I had to close the window on one end of my stinky sun room.

Manda, your hike with the girls reminded me of how I used to take my grandkids on walks through the pasture, pointing out a lot of nature things along the way. I did this with my youngest son too. I don't know how much of it they remember but it was fun for me.

Kt, my lizard-on-the-screen picture came up on my screen saver recently. I thought of you.

I enjoyed reading everyone's posts and comments--about the movies and everything else. I watch parts of a few of the Christmas movies or musicals at times but it's hard for me to sit through a whole movie anymore. I've never been one to do repeat watching very much.

Shan: welcome back, you were missed. North Carolina and the snow states are very beautiful. Your trip sounded fun. Rest well at home tonight.

Kat: this wacky weather has bugs multiplying all over the country. So glad Goldie has your thorough care to keep her healthy. Enjoy tonight.

OC: delighted to hear you awoke headache free!! Hope your evening is an enjoyable one.

JS: the mini mansion craze ticks me off too.

Hi all, hectic, very hectic day today. Cannot tell you how many phone calls, interruptions. Was lucky was able to post what I could for summary today. We closed on the new place on Friday, and then learned (as my home inspector son was here) that some thing were not done, or...were not done right (repairs). Thus the phone calls galore, realty, agent for the condo, son, hubby, daughter. Just "stuff".

Wish I lived near by any of you, as I have a piano to give to someone. No, I don't play. Tis hard trying to "pare down". Have taken some winter coats & jackets over to hang in closets, right now, car is full of hat boxes, lol. Yes, I have lots of hats. I will have to start packing up dishes, etc. I have sooooo many framed pictures, hanging paintings........and there will NOT be enough room

Poirot, is your piano worth selling? I had to sell the one I had because new house
was smaller. I put ad on Craig's List.

Evening all.

A few days ago I mentioned I was building a staff. I have the raven and the light globe but they aren't in this shot. This is the pre-painted staff.

staff head shot.jpg

I took some of my Hackberry trees and cut them down and hodge podged them to the staff. At the top of this picture, the light globe will fit in at the top of this picture.

I'll take better pictures once this is all painted black.

OC - So sorry you suffer from migraines. I'm sure you've had suggestions from everyone but I have heard ginger helps provide relief and reduces them if taken on a regular, ar basis.

Manda - glad you had a nice outing with your troop. You need this and more after everything you have been going through.

A. Guy - oh I don't think I would audition.

Noel - Hope your week gets better. Sounds like you take things in stride.

Robinsnest - If it weren't for set designers and builders there'd be no show, without musicians there'd be nothing to add to the mood . And there is talent and skill in those which I do not excel at. I leave the building of stuff to my other half.

Poirot - Wanna skip through the tulips with me singing that song?

JS - I've also not seen Miracle on 34th Street or those classics. I liked Jaws 1 and 2 but by the 4th I found it too cheesy. I did however watch a shark movie that was chilling. It is called 48 feet down. 2 girls go in a cage for shark diving and the cable breaks plunging them down to the bottom of the ocean 48 or 49 feet down.

KT - live hearing about the animal adventures. They are entertain.

Katmouse - busy morning but probably feels great to have the dog stuff done.

RS - I'm so glad you enjoyed the sweet stuff I threw in. The Big Turk is a chocolate bar that people either love or hate, it seems. I love it. When my husband worked on the cruise ships he used to have his mom send him the Hawkins Cheezies. It's the crunchiness and cheddar taste and the ketchup chips......I didn't realize until recently that this is a snack that is predominantly sold in Canada. We love em here.

OK I think I got everyone. I'm no Noel. Thanks for all the congrats on Mary Poppins. My husband says if for whatever reason Mary cannot make it one night we can change it to Murray Poppins and I'll fill in. Lol!! My first name is Murray.

OH.........JS..........Murray.........that's another older persons name. I've only ever known Murrays the same age or older than me. I'm 44.

Back