9/28/17 - Donuts and Cooler Temps

redsquirrel

Reaction score
Good morning everyone. Temps today will be 25 degrees cooler than yesterday even though we never got the promised rain last night.

I'm off to an all day school north of here. I'll have a 45 minute lunch break so taking my lunch today.

Thank you, Amanda, for explaining the dream catcher to everyone yesterday. I had another restful uninterrupted sleep last night. As I said, I'll take it even if it is just the power of suggestion from having the new dream catcher by my bed.

Good Morning.

Our temps are rising daily now but the mornings are in the 70's. We will be 100 this weekend, in October?! Ah, well, it is so nice to read ya'll posts about true Fall weather. Looking forward to someone posting a beautiful picture of Autumn trees later this Fall.

My schedule is as busy after work today as it is during my shift. School meetings for kiddos, last minute forgotten grocery items, and laundry for a topper when home to rest. And they say women are better multi-taskers but then our family lives require that daily! When I read all your posts I know everyone here is as at least as busy as I am daily.

Wishing Lil0, OC, Poirot, and everyone had a beautiful nights sleep last night and are feeling rested and energetic this morning.

Squirrel: enjoy your lunch time to rest, relax and recoop from the morning busy activities.

Take care everyone.

It's going to be cloudy and in the 70s today. I wish it would rain.

Rabbit update. The boy Goldie sees at bus stop came here after school yesterday. I
talked to him in the AM. To make a long story short, he was taking rabbit home and
owners saw him. Rabbit's name is Skittles. Hopefully, we can find another home for
Skittles because owners no longer want it. (Family owns the dog that runs around the
neighborhood). The boy can't keep it. He's asked teachers at his school. Maybe someone
will want it.

When Emery brought back the cat cage, he was outside with a friend looking at my
flowers. Then the hummer came by. It got really close to him and he put his arm up.
I told him it was just a hummingbird. He never had one get so close. I'm thankful the
rabbit is gone. I won't have to drive over two hours round trip to take it away.

Hopefully, I can work at the school this morning. I had to go in the afternoon
yesterday. One child hasn't taken the test. They won't know until school starts
if child is absent again. I have to catch up on the Bible lessons today.

rs, have a safe trip today. Enjoy your long lunch break.

Noel, sorry to hear you're having hot weather again.

I hope everyone has the best day possible.

Kat: so glad Skittles will have a new home! It makes me wonder did the owners just turn it loose to fend for itself because they no longer wanted it as a pet? Thank goodness this little boy, like you, made the effort to find it a new home. Thanks for taking care of this bewildered creature! Hope your day schedule works out the way you prefer and you enjoy each moment.

The family told Emery how it got out. It got out Sunday and someone found it to
take home. They said cage wasn't latched that day and there is cat door in
garage. That's where it lives. Strange it got out again yesterday. Emery is
in 6th grade. He's a very nice boy and cares about animals. I hope we
can find a new home for it. His grandma said no. I'll be calling the woman
I talked to yesterday to let her know I won't be coming today.

Since Skittles hasn't been out long, I still don't know what's been coming
to my flowerbed.

Morning Everyone,

Wonderfully cool morning was only 46* when I left the house. I need the cooler temps to help me stay awake. Life stress has just completely left me worn out.

Hoping and praying that hubby has a good interview this afternoon and they offer him the job. Other than the travel time (which is still only about 30 minutes), it would be rather perfect. They have flexible scheduling, benefits after 90 days, a very decent starting wage, and it's forklift work, which is what he knows best.

Gena was disappointed that only 1 family attended the Girl Scout recruiting event at her school last night. She was so excited to help a whole bunch of girls build rockets, and mostly they just ended up coloring as there was only her and 1 other girl. Choir practice was good. Feels funny to be working on Christmas music in September though. :)

Not much on my agenda today, for which I'm thankful.

RS - safe travels

Kat - we had a light brown/ginger colored rabbit that wandered our neighborhood for awhile. Not sure where it came from, but between our neighbor (2 doors down) and the other rabbits in the neighborhood, it learned quite well how to fend for itself. The 2nd summer of seeing this rabbit, we also saw several baby bunnies with weird splotchy coloring that were a mix of regular wild rabbits and this lighter rabbit. The little ones liked to eat my bean plants. I'm not sure what happened to it as I haven't seen it for about a year. Then again I have no idea how long rabbits live in the wild. I tried to get close to it a few times to see if it was a pet, but it always ran away.

Noel - good luck with all your stuff today.

Talk to you all later.

The weather is still warm here but hopefully today is our last day in the 90's at 94°. Then the extended forecast shows low to mid 80's and some high 70's.

For some reason, even though I have alarms set for all my daily med times, I keep forgetting my nighttime meds and end up sleeping horrible. Forever to fall asleep, then awakened by nightmares every couple of hours, sweating ridiculous, up by four thirty in the morning usually because I just can not take tossing and turning anymore. But I just do not put two & two together until I go to take my morning meds and see I missed the previous nights meds.

I need to get it together lol.

Just been under a lot of stress, moved in like two weeks from start to finish because of dispute with previous landlord, one street over, paid professional movers who did a terrible job and damaged & misplaced many items. But new house is cheaper, bigger, new HVAC, huge yard, outside storage, etc, so I am happy I moved just need to unstress.

Glad the bunny is taken care of and the dream catcher is working!

Hope all you hard workers at whatever your craft may be get a good night's rest for tonight and all nights after.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for you on the better house, YPG. Not good on the missed med. I have to put drops in the husband's eyes, one before supper, one after, and for some reason I often forget the one after supper. I don't understand why I remember all the other times for his meds but not that one, so I can see how you might do the same.

Manda, fingers crossed for the job interview. I'm sorry Gena had the disappointment of no shows for the Scout activities. Disappointment is an unavoidable part of character development but it still always hurts to see our kids go through it.

Kat, I hope things work out for Skittles. My son's family has a cat named Skittles. I'm glad the boy who took him is caring toward animals. Too many people get pets, then dump them out when they decide they are too much trouble.:angry:

Noel, I hope you get everything done. Sure wish you could get a real cool down like we're having.

Squirrel, you probably aren't unhappy about missing the rain, unless your area is in real need of it. I hope you eat fast better than I do. 45 minutes is better than 30, for lunch, but not exactly enough to kick up your heels and in a leisurely way.

We've had over 7 1/2 inches of rain so far. Could have more today and tomorrow, then clearing out. It never reached 65* yesterday, let alone the 70* predicted. Has been at or around 62* for a couple of days. I may get out and go to town, if I can get it together. Haven't even gotten dressed yet. I won't bother you with the details of why I didn't get any sleep last night. IF I go to town I will definitely take the 4wd truck. I should at least go out and check my mail and look under my car hood to see if mice have taken refuge from the cold, wet weather. It's been days since I've done either.

Late morning/afternoon all.

YPG - good to see ya. :hug:

I have got to get home while it is still light out to get my staff painted so I can continue on. I don't have a huge desire to spray paint in the house. Hummm, wonder why :huh:

Okay, back to the exciting world of support with no breaks and no lunch.

OC - what wonderful temperatures you having after a long hot summer. Hope you feel up to checking your mail and enjoy being outside for a few minutes. If you go to town I hope you treat yourself to a piece of dessert. Happy day.

Robin: your day sounds like a doozy! It is getting too hot to paint except mornings or evenings. Hope your day gets better.

We're having beautiful weather for this time of year but it's supposed to change starting Friday evening. We were going to take the boat out one more time but not this weekend. Per the weather people, we're supposed to drop 25 degrees and get windy and rainy.

We have the grandkids on Wednesday evenings and we played outside for quite awhile and then I took Ember to the mall and Rick watched Harlow sleep. Not seeing them last week due to vacation they both looked like they had grown so much. Ember is enjoying being home schooled and I keep trying to get used to it. I just don't know.

So sorry so many of you are not sleeping well. Maybe it's the changing of the seasons or you need to get a dream catcher. I've known a lot of people that swear by them!

Have a great day

I almost forgot, thank you so much for the suggestions with my kitty.

JS - smart idea and she sure didn't like the water. The first spray, the look on her face was hilarious. Took a few times but she played with her toys and didn't attack me the rest of the evening.

OC - I had gone to Walmart to get some scratching post or something but when I saw they all had catnip on them I was worried they would make her more crazy? But I will try those also.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back