9/28/17 - Donuts and Cooler Temps

Good afternoon.........Had to take son to town early this a.m. for blood draw, and dr. appt. Took a couple boxes of stuff to the new house, just linens, but towels are so bulky, and I really cannot carry anything heavy. Came home to find hubby was packing books in a box, I said you cannot fill a box with books....you can only put in a few, then something light, otherwise you cannot carry the box. So, two boxes of books sit in the middle of my living room floor now. Grrrr.

Anyway, I usually go to town around noon, for my own dr. appt, forgot, so, had to go back. I am soooo tired now. And did not go to store, which I should have done, as I don't have anything for dinner, except pizza, and I really am not in the mood for pizza. I went to make a tuna salad, and don't have tuna. See what I mean?

Amazing what one finds as one goes thru drawers, cupboards, closet shelves, LOL.

I think we are going to have to have a dumpster pulled up next to the house for a couple days as we do the final moving. LOL

When we emptied out my mother's place, we had 29 medium size boxes of books. The woman LOVED to read, and NO ONE would take them. We tried selling them, donating them, library, old folks homes. No one wanted them. So we ended up going to donation boxes and putting them in. Drove all around town dropping boxes of books into donation boxes. It seemed criminal to just throw them out.

As kids and grandkids, we of course, had removed all books that meant something to us. But I didn't need all of the Tom Clancy, Sue Grafton (now of course I wish I had those Alphabet books), James Patterson etc.

But a hand-truck, those are essential in moving boxed books. Hunny Bunny and I have two hand-trucks and several other dollys, but we have trees to move. They all help.

Good luck with the not pizza dinner tonight.

Poirot - the family had to rent a dumpster when my father-in-law was moved out of the house into the nursing home. They had so much accumulated stuff it was rather amazing really, and with all the kids and most of the grandkids (Gena is the youngest at 7, the next youngest is 20) having established households, nobody really needed all the extra furniture and stuff. We donated what we could to local charities, but a lot just got thrown out, which is sad.

Hello everyone. I vacuumed this morning and I have to move Remmy's blankie and toys to a pile in a clean spot. She usually drags everything back out when I'm finished, but not today. She just moped around, acting pitiful, until I put everything back in place, lol. I guess she had a bee in her bonnet about something?

The plants have decided it is fall (though the high was 94* F today). Goldenrods and Blue Mist flowers are blooming. I also saw a huge spider in a huge web. That spider would cover the whole palm of my hand and then some. I tried to look online to find out what kind of spider it was and the closest I could find was a banana spider. It had a huge rectangular-shaped abdomen and knobby "knees". It was much too big for me to want to give it a thorough examination, lol!

Good evening everyone,

It's been super hot (90sF with lows in the 70sF) the past few days, although mostly dry. Today was 75F and windy, crystal clear sky. I had a graduate seminar to go to this afternoon and then personal training this evening. Been up doing homework. Got a Spanish quiz--I did manage to get 91% on the test a few weeks ago, and am doing well in terms of the homework.

I'm going tomorrow after school to spend the weekend in DC with my brother. I'll bring some homework with me as well, and do the rest when I get back on Sunday. I also need to try getting to the gym more often than just my training days.

Hope all of you have a nice night. Good to see YPG back.

OC, I tried to get pictures of Mrs. Huge Spider, lol. From my angle, the bright sky is the background and the web is on the other side of the fence. The pictures aren't turning out very well, but here is one. It's the best I could do.

bananaspider.jpg

I found a good one online, lol:

banana20spider.jpg

Thank you all for the acknowledgments.

I am always around, reading and enjoying the peeks you all provide into your interesting lives and I appreciate all that you choose to share.

Hopefully my health will improve at this new location and with my new doctors so I may be present more often but regardless, please know that I am always wishing the best for everyone.

Eww. I'll have to look up banana spider.

Save yourself OC, lol. I researched the banana spider, aka golden silk orb weaver, after I got a better picture. The information about how she weaves her web was fascinating, but when I got to the reproduction part and wanted to know what a mating plug was, that ended my curiosity! LOL I'll show you the golden web, but read the article at your own risk, lol! I learned the thick places on her legs are hairs, ewwww. I can see them now in my new photos.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_silk_orb-weaver

goldensilkspider.jpg

RS, the spider might not be so bad if she wasn't huge, lol. I'm glad she is on the other side of the fence! Her web is huge, too, and I almost ran into part of it while I was out trying to take pictures of wildflowers. I'm glad I saw the strand, because I sure don't want to disturb THIS girl, LOL.

Tried to find a pic to learn what kind it is. One does not look for Giant spiders......but large spiders is better. However with 4000 kinds of spiders.......we are hard pressed, for sure, to get it right. LOL

Back